I was just thinking, and counting. I believe this is trip report number
giphy.gif

I better make it good!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday Sept 21 cont

By now I reallllly had to use the ladies room.

giphy.gif

I had seen so many cool pictures of the Batuu bathrooms on line. This was not one of them. @Songbird76 @Tuvalu , this bathroom made the MK merchant of Venus bathroom look like a wonderful oasis.

Outside Oga’s
EFFC99B9-5A5B-4625-8839-147BEE477708.jpeg

We had to get THE picture and wandered a bit to look for it.
08034962-A833-4014-B8A5-FA1937597EF5.jpeg

589FD222-0983-40D0-A3EE-71120DA7A2A7.jpeg

Here it is.
2E87C1D6-5E54-4B02-A923-916B3D6FD111.jpeg

Now with people.
22418554-2EDE-4BD0-A313-70E519D5EBBA.jpeg

✔️

We needed to meet up with B at Epcot and we had spent so much time in Oga’s, it was time to go. We didnt get into the market place or see any shops or restaurants. In fact, my impression was that it all kind if looked the same. Yes we were in there for a short time, with most of that being inside Oga’s and the remaining time searching for the grossest bathroom in the galaxy (found it!) but I dont know what I saw because it all just looked the same. I am annoyed at myself because we really did it half a.s.s.
Next time I will take my time and appreciate it.
Full a.s.s. If you will😂

My phone case had broken a week before I left so my husband went and got one for me.
Hollywood Studios Green! (Not to be confused with Arendale aqua!)
FCF6DF9F-C959-4CBE-8886-B9C181622EA1.jpeg

Then we hopped on the boat and made our way towards the International gateway. (We got off at Yacht and Beach so we could show J the pool)
7F7C7BC8-27C7-4463-A33E-BF82BF50C05F.jpeg

And shhhh. Dont tell @dryerlintfan but, the ears I am wearing, I actually made and brought them to give to A but we never got to meet up so I wore them.

giphy.gif

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Saturday Sept 21 cont

By now I reallllly had to use the ladies room.

giphy.gif

I had seen so many cool pictures of the Batuu bathrooms on line. This was not one of them. @Songbird76 @Tuvalu , this bathroom made the MK merchant of Venus bathroom look like a wonderful oasis.

Outside Oga’s
View attachment 422143

We had to get THE picture and wandered a bit to look for it.
View attachment 422144

View attachment 422146

Here it is.
View attachment 422145
Now with people.
View attachment 422147

We needed to meet up with B at Epcot and we had spent so much time in Oga’s, it was time to go. We didnt get into the market place or see any shops or restaurants. In fact, my impression was that it all kind if looked the same. Yes we were in there for a short time, with most of that being inside Oga’s and the remaining time searching for the grossest bathroom in the galaxy (found it!) but I dont know what I saw because it all just looked the same. I am annoyed at myself because we really did it half a.s.s.
Next time I will take my time and appreciate it.
Full a.s.s. If you will😂

My phone case had broken a week before I left so my husband went and got one for me.
Hollywood Studios Green! (Not to be confused with Arendale aqua!)
View attachment 422149

Then we hopped on the boat and made our way towards the International gateway. (We got off at Yacht and Beach so we could show J the pool)
View attachment 422148

And shhhh. Dont tell @dryerlintfan but, the ears I am wearing, I actually made and brought them to give to A but we never got to meet up so I wore them.

giphy.gif

Awwwwww she would have loved that! You're so sweet and thoughtful!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Your first GIF in your last post REALLY made me laugh (and no wine this evening so it was a fully conscious tears streaming down the face laugh) and my DD (14 yo) comes in and asks what’s so funny. I show her the post while continuing to wheeze I’m laughing so much and she just looks at me. She recently told me she tried watching Friends once but didn’t find it funny. Kids these days.

Minnesota disney fan

YES!! This! @fractal for the win.
I say brother because, well, because I am a heterosexual female.
I gotta say I've Never heard either expression. I am a
"world" traveler, having lived in Ohio, Tennessee,and Minnesota, so...…….........
I do know "y'all", and oof-dah! You betcha, but never the brother/sister thing..... Ohio doesn't have any distinguishing sayings, LOL

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Your first GIF in your last post REALLY made me laugh (and no wine this evening so it was a fully conscious tears streaming down the face laugh) and my DD (14 yo) comes in and asks what’s so funny. I show her the post while continuing to wheeze I’m laughing so much and she just looks at me. She recently told me she tried watching Friends once but didn’t find it funny. Kids these days.
I have to admit I really didnt like Friends when it first came out. Season one was not their best work. But oh boy....now it just cracks me up!

giphy.gif

Edit to add

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I gotta say I've Never heard either expression. I am a
"world" traveler, having lived in Ohio, Tennessee,and Minnesota, so...…….........
I do know "y'all", and oof-dah! You betcha, but never the brother/sister thing..... Ohio doesn't have any distinguishing sayings, LOL
Where else have you lived?
giphy.gif

??????

Ha ha!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday Sept 21 cont

Remember, no notes so just the highlights here.

We met up with B and first order of business was drink and food. In that order! I resisted my usual stop in Canada and headed to the other side of WS. Today we would start in Mexico.

Nothing there. Next.

“Oh I know. I know! Let’s get that ‘life changing’ drink the tipsy dude told us about yesterday. Look, no line.”

773F18D9-1517-4F59-B666-AB513014AA2B.jpeg

Hmmm. What was this missing? Oh yeah! Flavor!!! And booze!!
This was the Frozen Rose purchased in The Alps. (Why would you drink a slushy in the Alps? I guess as long as its not yellow....)

Next we got some wine. At least I did. And Some food. No idea what or where but when I was waiting for my wine a man asked me, “so, which have you done more of?”
He was referring to my shirt.
I started to answer him in my best whiney voice but we both just started cracking up.
“That answers that”, he said.
I still don’t know what his take away was🤷‍♀️

Then we got a group photo.

29DA7B6E-B0A0-44C4-991F-635D3112349C.jpeg

We got soooooo many compliments on our shirts. TARGET (@Matt and Kelly ) Purchased less than a week before departure because who wants to do laundry on a 2 1/2 day trip?

We had more food. No pictures. J wasnt feeling well and I was concerned about her which got me out of whack so picture fail. They would have been blurry anyway. Am I right or am I right?

We did stop in the China booth. SIL and I were the only ones eating at this point (so depressing) so we stepped up to order. We wanted to try the Chicken Dumplings and Wuxi Spareribs. However, we both ordered the dumplings. I quickly added on the spareribs before walking away from the register.
Why? Why did I do that???
giphy.gif

The dumplings had potential but they were cold. The ribs were tough and not to my liking.

We kept walking clockwise. It was a lot more crowded tonight than it was the previous night. But then again, it was

giphy.gif

Japan was packed. No big happy men declaring their bro love for one another tonight.
We had a Soarin’ FP and that was fun.
95B17CF0-28A6-4A00-8189-EFD3E17D65A7.jpeg

Then we headed to SSE. I can not tell you if we rode it but I can tell you SIL and I went in to use the ladies room. When we came out J and B were having the mother of all tipsy Epcot patron encounters. Only, she was sober. “Have been for 15 years!”, she proudly told us. She was from Brooklyn and was very stereotypical. Loud, animated, loud. And so friendly!!! She loved our shirts and that is why she accosted J and B as they sat waiting for us. She was loud and made quite the scene. She was there with her adult children and we heard all about them. The youngest just turned 19 and she wished the bum would get a job but he was so handsome he was her favorite.
“Look, see how handsome he is!”
Yes her children, all of them, were right there, trying to be invisible. And the youngest? He reminded me of

giphy.gif

krisri18

Saturday Sept 21 cont

Remember, no notes so just the highlights here.

We met up with B and first order of business was drink and food. In that order! I resisted my usual stop in Canada and headed to the other side of WS. Today we would start in Mexico.

Nothing there. Next.

“Oh I know. I know! Let’s get that ‘life changing’ drink the tipsy dude told us about yesterday. Look, no line.”

View attachment 422456
Hmmm. What was this missing? Oh yeah! Flavor!!! And booze!!
This was the Frozen Rose purchased in The Alps. (Why would you drink a slushy in the Alps? I guess as long as its not yellow....)

Next we got some wine. At least I did. And Some food. No idea what or where but when I was waiting for my wine a man asked me, “so, which have you done more of?”
He was referring to my shirt.
I started to answer him in my best whiney voice but we both just started cracking up.
“That answers that”, he said.
I still don’t know what his take away was🤷‍♀️

Then we got a group photo.

View attachment 422457

We got soooooo many compliments on our shirts. TARGET (@Matt and Kelly ) Purchased less than a week before departure because who wants to do laundry on a 2 1/2 day trip?

We had more food. No pictures. J wasnt feeling well and I was concerned about her which got me out of whack so picture fail. They would have been blurry anyway. Am I right or am I right?

We did stop in the China booth. SIL and I were the only ones eating at this point (so depressing) so we stepped up to order. We wanted to try the Chicken Dumplings and Wuxi Spareribs. However, we both ordered the dumplings. I quickly added on the spareribs before walking away from the register.
Why? Why did I do that???
giphy.gif

The dumplings had potential but they were cold. The ribs were tough and not to my liking.

We kept walking clockwise. It was a lot more crowded tonight than it was the previous night. But then again, it was

giphy.gif

Japan was packed. No big happy men declaring their bro love for one another tonight.
We had a Soarin’ FP and that was fun.
View attachment 422458

Then we headed to SSE. I can not tell you if we rode it but I can tell you SIL and I went in to use the ladies room. When we came out J and B were having the mother of all tipsy Epcot patron encounters. Only, she was sober. “Have been for 15 years!”, she proudly told us. She was from Brooklyn and was very stereotypical. Loud, animated, loud. And so friendly!!! She loved our shirts and that is why she accosted J and B as they sat waiting for us. She was loud and made quite the scene. She was there with her adult children and we heard all about them. The youngest just turned 19 and she wished the bum would get a job but he was so handsome he was her favorite.
“Look, see how handsome he is!”
Yes her children, all of them, were right there, trying to be invisible. And the youngest? He reminded me of

giphy.gif
So... Was she loud? Lol
giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Saturday Sept 21 cont

Remember I had a plan? Well my plan was delayed. But close.

J felt awful so SIL decided to accompany her back to BLT. B and I stayed. My plan was minutes away.

Drum roll please:
FB6BB302-FD6B-47E8-856C-1AB4093EA1DF.jpeg

It’s X, my oldest who goes to college in Florida. A few weeks before the trip he and I were talking and he said he had practice Saturday morning but should be done by 12:00 and he was off on Sunday. Our room slept 5 so, with B’s permission (since we would be sharing the living room) I added him to the room reservation. B’s son and X played travel lacrosse together when they were in middle school. The boys and the families became fast friends. B loves X like he is her own and was almost as excited as I was to see him. And she was so happy for me.

I also bought X an AP. In hindsight I should have bought it when I got the rest of the families APs back in December but I didn't think he would use it. That was a dumb call on my part.

One of his roommates lives about 20 minutes from WDW and it was his Mom’s birthday so he drove up with X to surprise her. Lots of happy moms this night!!!

He was suppose to be there about 3:30 but instead of practice the team went to clean the beach. That took longer than expected. Stupid messy people!
giphy.gif

Then we waited at guest services for a long time. We had to activate his AP which went quickly once we got to the counter.

“Oooh, lets go get you the AP magnet. It’s Minnie. You can put it on your truck.”
“Mom, I am not putting that on my truck!”

He had been apprehensive because this was a girls trip. The truth is, he came at the right time. I now had someone to eat and drink with!

First stop Canada??
Yes please.
But we got side tracked at The Wine and Dine Studio.
05C74F8C-C587-4822-9F09-5719C3E7AC64.jpeg

We got one of each food offering and wow!!!
It was all excellent. The Butternut Squash Ravioli was my favorite of the festival. The scallops were second. Or third. Maybe third. I liked the ravs from Italy I tried the previous day so they were probably number two.

We were happy

A9AE2B31-AC62-409A-A6DC-AA16DEBF397E.jpeg

Ok. Food ✔️ Now beer.

We headed to Canada for a beer. Then onto England for fish and chips for my boy. And beer.
It was getting late as we reached Germany.
X wanted a pretzel. We got on line at the cart with only one person in front of us. There were three CM’s all talking, in German, amongst themselves. Finally they helped the lady in front of us and then went back to their discussion.
By now a line had built up behind us. Fueled by beer courage I asked, “what is the discussion about?”
Boy CM #1 who looked about 12, sheepishly said they were deciding who would close.
“That’s easy. What time did you come in?” I ask and Disney point to boy CM #1.
“1:00”. (It was almost 10:00)
Gesturing to boy CM #2 I said, “you?”
“2:00”
Looking at girl CM with raised eye brows.
Girl CM shrugs and whispers, “4:00”.
I slap my hand on the counter and exclaimed, “that settles it! You close. You got here last so you are the last to leave. It’s American math and it is simple really.”

With that, the now longish line starts to clap and cheer. (Lets be honest, they just wanted beer before Illuminations began)

Boy CM#1 declares me a genius. He says, “that was the best speech ever! You should run for president!”

Beers and pretzel in hand I try to grab some napkins and move on, but, there aren't any napkins.
The three have gone back to their discussion in German. They boys seem a little more confident though.
I ask for napkins. Boy CM #1 takes out a package and puts it on the counter then turns away back to the discussion. (I am going to go ahead and call it an argument at this point)
So I open the napkins. Girl CM comes over to help me. I told her sorry. She told me she hates to close. I told her instead of arguing get them to help you so you can all get out of there. I took the napkins and left to find a bench where we watched Illuminations for our last time.

giphy.gif

1D26734C-A503-4A4F-9281-70E115A26DEB.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom