News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

KikoKea

Photo update as of Saturday, September 21, 2019. Status of terraced landscaping outside the railroad tracks at the Magic Kingdom. Not sure this is completely finished, there is still some bare ground and construction vehicles. Appears to be just large trees and grass. I was expecting more, perhaps seasonal flowering plants.

View attachment 412903

View attachment 412904
I agree- it looks very bland and dull. Saw it last week and DH asked, "Are they finished? Aren't they going to fix it up more?"

Moka

The placement does actually feel really odd. Not that it’s In Tomorrowland.. it just feels... behind everything. Not that it’s hidden, you can definitely see it while in the park. But yeah it just looks like a weird place to put it.

KikoKea

The placement does actually feel really odd. Not that it’s In Tomorrowland.. it just feels... behind everything. Not that it’s hidden, you can definitely see it while in the park. But yeah it just looks like a weird place to put it.
See, that's what I've been thinking. Had they taken out the go carts and made a nice Tron entrance with a water feature and flyover entrance, I think it would look a whole lot better and grander. As it is, it's wedged in behind the go carts and SM.

KikoKea

Then you’d have a warehouse looming over Fantasyland.
I didn't mean put Tron closer, just open up the front area so it wouldn't look like it was squeezed in behind 2 other rides. I wish they could have put the warehouse further back, and maybe dug out the area for less height.

I'm wondering how people are going to get to it since there's not a huge pathway between SM and the go carts. And, if there's a flyover, it'll be a raised walkway over smelly lawn mower carts. Bad enough walking by them.

Chris767

This may have been addressed already in this forum, but what is their plan to make the show building non-visible from StoryBook Circus? And I don’t mean the dome, cuz you can see space mountain from the circus, but like the side of show building not getting themed closest to train station. High Birm there?

lazyboy97o

This may have been addressed already in this forum, but what is their plan to make the show building non-visible from StoryBook Circus? And I don’t mean the dome, cuz you can see space mountain from the circus, but like the side of show building not getting themed closest to train station. High Birm there?
Factory applied Kynar 500 finish in blue.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, September 21, 2019. Status of terraced landscaping outside the railroad tracks at the Magic Kingdom. Not sure this is completely finished, there is still some bare ground and construction vehicles. Appears to be just large trees and grass. I was expecting more, perhaps seasonal flowering plants.

View attachment 412903

View attachment 412904

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Will the load area be under a different building or under a canopy that covers the building, too?
if i remember correctly they said the building was going to be exactly like shanghai, if so there is quite a bit of the line thats going to be inside, and a pretty large outside line but thats gonna be covered by that LED structure thats outside also. It looks amazing at night. and cool to see the trains shoot out of the launch pad.

raymusiccity

This thing is gonna be an absolute eyesore from the area I mentioned then. Yeeesh.
From just about any angle, I think it already is! (Photo 09/08)
20191009_102454.jpg

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

That was my hope as well but such an added cost without much ROI is not Disney's thing.

I know this has been beaten to death, but...

Whenever there’s a situation where we observe Disney seeming to think this way (likely including the one describe here), it’s amazing to remember that the entire company’s success was built on their NOT thinking this way.

They’re standing on the shoulders of those who thought holistically and long-term, and then, not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom