Trip Report **Complete** It's a meet-up-palooza!

We are back and I gotta get this trip report show on the road before my memory fails! Hopefully my notes and pictures will carry me!

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Who: me (Susan) and my husband Scott

If you want to start from the very beginning, a very good place to start, you can access my pre-trip at: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-werent-going-until-2020-yeah-right.953038/

Rista1313

Original Poster
Thursday Sept 19th

I like the new bus-stops... but the POP bus stop is still almost the last one... I really would like to know the reasoning on that... because I thought it would be All-Stars, but it's not!

Looks like Mickey is back on his sphere as seen in the picture. I love the art deco type themeing... it's my fave.

For those of you who read my last trip report... I mistakenly took the advice of people who said this was a half day park. And it ended up that we didn't get to see near what we wanted to see because of that reason. So this trip I scheduled a whole day. And then we rearranged one day to be a half day.

We had fast passes for muppets, voyage of the little mermaid (throw away) and Slinky dog dash. We also have reservations for Oga's Cantina, and at the droid depot.

Our first fastpass was for muppets... you never really need a fast pass for this... but we can't ride any of the huge attractions except slinky, so we have to burn them somewhere.

After muppets, we had some time to kill, so we wanted over to toy story land. Scott was like.. we didn't see THIS last time... I said, no we didn't, because it wasn't open yet! (EYEROLL) We walked around for a bit and he really thought the themeing was cool. I was looking forward to our SDD ride at 3pm.

Knowing he couldn't ride and thinking he couldn't ride Midway Mania, we moved along and went to visit One Man's Dream. We didn't watch the film, but we checked out all of the museum type stuff inside, which was pretty cool.

Once we were done, it was almost time for lunch. We had the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose. Scott still whined about not getting that shake from Sci-fi Diner this time, but our lunch was pretty good... He had the Saltimbucca, which he really liked, and I had the steak and mac n Cheese. The steak had a little too much "char" taste to me... not so fond of that. But it wasn't awful.

Here are my blurry pictures.. sorry!

Our server was training someone, so we had pretty good service. They remembered to bring our fantasmic tickets... and were good about refilling Scott's coffee.

It's at this point my husband says he's exhausted today, and I would I mind if he went back and napped so he could come back in time for his droid reservation later?

Sure hunny.. go ahead... I'll be fine!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thursday Sept 19th

View attachment 415417

I like the new bus-stops... but the POP bus stop is still almost the last one... I really would like to know the reasoning on that... because I thought it would be All-Stars, but it's not!

Looks like Mickey is back on his sphere as seen in the picture. I love the art deco type themeing... it's my fave.

For those of you who read my last trip report... I mistakenly took the advice of people who said this was a half day park. And it ended up that we didn't get to see near what we wanted to see because of that reason. So this trip I scheduled a whole day. And then we rearranged one day to be a half day.

We had fast passes for muppets, voyage of the little mermaid (throw away) and Slinky dog dash. We also have reservations for Oga's Cantina, and at the droid depot.

Our first fastpass was for muppets... you never really need a fast pass for this... but we can't ride any of the huge attractions except slinky, so we have to burn them somewhere.

After muppets, we had some time to kill, so we wanted over to toy story land. Scott was like.. we didn't see THIS last time... I said, no we didn't, because it wasn't open yet! (EYEROLL) We walked around for a bit and he really thought the themeing was cool. I was looking forward to our SDD ride at 3pm.

View attachment 415419
View attachment 415420
View attachment 415421

Knowing he couldn't ride *** and thinking he couldn't ride Midway Mania, we moved along and went to visit One Man's Dream. We didn't watch the film, but we checked out all of the museum type stuff inside, which was pretty cool.

Once we were done, it was almost time for lunch. We had the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose. Scott still whined about not getting that shake from Sci-fi Diner this time, but our lunch was pretty good... He had the Saltimbucca, which he really liked, and I had the steak and mac n Cheese. The steak had a little too much "char" taste to me... not so fond of that. But it wasn't awful.

Here are my blurry pictures.. sorry!

View attachment 415422

View attachment 415423

Our server was training someone, so we had pretty good service. They remembered to bring our fantasmic tickets... and were good about refilling Scott's coffee.

It's at this point my husband says he's exhausted today, and I would I mind if he went back and napped so he could come back in time for his droid reservation later?

Sure hunny.. go ahead... I'll be fine!

I think he has the right idea with the post-meal naps. I could have used a few! I agree that I was sidelined by thinking HS was a half day park. I think for us its all the showtimes and lengths of the shows. Frozen alone burns an hour, with a fastpass

Rista1313

Original Poster
Sept 19th Continued:

He made the mistake of deciding to leave me his Scooter. After we parted I texted DLF, because I knew her and A would be in the park soon. They were on their way, so I did a couple of rides I knew Scott couldn't... I rode , which is not a smooth ride at all.. what the heck...it's brand new...it shouldn't be so rough! I didn't have a fast pass for that, so I waited Standby.. I think the line said 25 minutes. I would say it was pretty accurate. But at least in TSL, they have a lot of cool things to look at and keep you entertained.

I think that's a once and done for me.

Then I decided to stand by for Midway Mania... I don't remember the wait time, but it wasn't too long.

I win! =D Mr. Potatohead was working so that was cool. It was getting close to my 3pm SDD FP+ when I got a text from DFL that they were in the park. I went off to ride SDD. Wow that's a smooth little coaster. The lady next to me looked terrified in this picture:

After that I met up with DLF and A, and kept them company while we waited in line to see Jessie. I got sucked into playing with A's new frozen playset, and with Anna's doll, whom I've named Princess Vivian. We had a good time, and a CM came around to give A a sticker and chat with her... A tried to suck her into playing too... LOL

After Jessie we decided to head to Oga's as we had a 4pm reservation, and we would find somewhere to sit and chill in the shade until it was time to meet up with our next Magician's.

We found a little nook near our Oga's line to rest and play...

Up Next: Another meet up!

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sept 19th Continued:

He made the mistake of decided to leave me his Scooter. After we parted I texted DLF, because I knew her and A would be in the park soon. They were on their way, so I did a couple of rides I knew Scott couldn't... I rode ***, which is not a smooth ride at all.. what the heck...it's brand new...it shouldn't be so rough! I didn't have a fast pass for that, so I waited Standby.. I think the line said 25 minutes. I would say it was pretty accurate. But at least in TSL, they have a lot of cool things to look at and keep you entertained.

View attachment 415437
View attachment 415438

I think that's a once and done for me.

Then I decided to stand by for Midway Mania... I don't remember the wait time, but it wasn't too long.

View attachment 415439
View attachment 415440
View attachment 415441
View attachment 415442

I win! =D Mr. Potatohead was working so that was cool. It was getting close to my 3pm SDD FP+ when I got a text from DFL that they were in the park. I went off to ride SDD. Wow that's a smooth little coaster. The lady next to me looked terrified in this picture:

View attachment 415444

After that I met up with DLF and A, and kept them company while we waited in line to see Jessie. I got sucked into playing with A's new frozen playset, and with Anna's doll, whom I've named Princess Vivian. We had a good time, and a CM came around to give A a sticker and chat with her... A tried to suck her into playing too... LOL

After Jessie we decided to head to Oga's as we had a 4pm reservation, and we would find somewhere to sit and chill in the shade until it was time to meet up with our next Magician's.

We found a little nook near our Oga's line to rest and play...

View attachment 415446

Up Next: Another meet up!

It's funny because with kids she asks "do you want to play with me" but she doesn't give the option to adults. She just says things like "do you want to play with this toy or that one". I think she's learned that kids will generally follow her whims but adults need choices :hilarious::hilarious:

Rista1313

Original Poster
Sept 19th Continued...

While we were waiting our other party arrived, she must have the pictures on her phone though, because I don't have any picture of us outside on mine. We met up with the one, the only @Figment Forever , Ross, Julia, and hope! DLF put in our name and specifically asked for a seated table because we had some kiddos with us. Shortly they called our name, but said it was for a standing table. We declined, and they sent us back outside, but it wasn't long until we joined a group of people at a seated table... Hi... get cozy with strangers! That's ok... we are obviously strangers to no one!

Scott wasn't back yet... but was on his way... and remember he left me his canopy Scooter.. and it had started to rain. So we were inside..... getting cocktails and beverages from a funny server (anyone remember his name?) I got the Yub Nub, which was SUPER strong. It was also suppose to come in a carved mug. The server had good news and bad news... the carvers couldn't keep up and they were out of mugs... but the good news was they could still make me the drink. If you read DRL's report.. you know about the blue milk poop cookie! Here's some pictures to prove we were all together, and I hope @Figment Forever doesn't kill me for one... it shows her drinks well!

Look at that yellow drink, it had crazy boba in it and some type of dry ice or something that made it bubble. It was fun!

Here's my drink:

and DRL 2 fisting blue milk.... where are the poop cookies?

I could only drink about 1/3rd of my drink because it was so strong, but by that time Scott was outside getting drench... only they wouldn't let him in, they said I had to come out... So I went out, called him in and he came in anyway! We had room at the table, and he quickly drank the rest of my drink. His back was hurting from walking so far in the park and in the rain. Lesson learned, don't leave me the scooter!

It was so nice to meet everyone, and give hugs in real life... laugh, and chat. Ross must have been the envy of all the guys since he was with 6 gals. After a bit.. everyone had to go to get to Fast Passes and such... so we had to part ways.. Thanks for all changing your plans so that we could all get to Oga's at the same time!

After everyone left, Scott and I took a walk around the Cantina and took a couple pictures.

It was need to go into once... but it's not some place I really need to go to again, unless I'm meeting a group of Magicians!

Earlier I had gotten a return time for Smuggler's run, so we decided to take our turn on that.

We ended up Pilots, and boy were we bad... Sorry people who rode with us! We crashed the ship! This ride hurt Scott's back. So it'll be a once and done for him, but he had to try it at least once!

Last edited:

Rista1313

Original Poster
Sept 19th continued more...

It was almost time for Scott's Droid Depot reservation, so we wandered around in the market and then headed to the depot.

Inside, there was a line for people with reservations, and a line for standby, it wasn't packed, so I imagine standby's didn't wait too long.

You check in and they get you to the registers where you pick your droid type and pay. They give you a tray, with the specs of your droid and send you to the conveyor belt.

Once you grab all your parts, you go to the assembly area where you put your droid together. There are CM's available if you need assistance.

And once you are finished, they activate your droid for you, show you how the remote works, tell you about all the power switches and quirks, they box you up, then send you on your way to buy extras if you wish.

This girl reminded me of Julia, @Figment Forever !

Scott ended up buying some different colors pieces parts to put on his droid, and he bought the blue chip to make it produce pleasant beep boop beep sounds. (technical term there)

Thrilled with his purchase, we were off to look in more shops, and in search of food.

We ran into the Milk stand around the corner, and we each tried.

I drank about half of the blue and I was done... too sweet... Scott liked the green... it has a flowery taste to it, which is something he enjoys. I however took one taste and agreed that it was his!

We went into another cool shop. It has scary things hanging on the wall.

The shop had a pyramid looking thing that also used cyber crystals.. but I don't remember what it did.

Scott was hungry and decided on a Ronto Roaster, I wasn't in the mood for that.... and so I figured I'd find something later.

Rista1313

Original Poster
More Sept 19th!

Once he was finished, we really had to quickly hike it across the park so we didn't miss our priority seating for Fantasmic. It worked out really well because Scott could stay in his scooter and we got the top back row. The lady next to me was on her phone the entire time and griping at her husband who was sitting in front of us. She almost didn't let me sit next to Scott... she said, "I'm sitting there!", I said well I'm sharing this bench with you so I can sit by my husband in this scooter! (she was sitting next to an elderly lady in a wheelchair). I said it pretty nicely and matter of factly, and she didn't give me anymore grief.

This was our first time seeing Fantasmic!, and we really enjoyed it!

I thought it was so cool to have all the characters on the boat at the end!

We would definitely go watch this again!!!

After Fantasmic! we looked in some of the shops, and I was looking for maybe something to eat, but decided it was past that time here in the park, so I just said I would wait until we got back to POP.

The bus was not crowded, and we didn't have to wait long.

Once we got home, I got this yummy fried chicken, and took it back to the room to eat... I don't like to eat that late at night... but it seems like EVERYONE else was, because the food court was packed!

Next up: Epcot day #2

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sept 19th Continued...

While we were waiting our other party arrived, she must have the pictures on her phone though, because I don't have any picture of us outside on mine. We met up with the one, the only @Figment Forever , Ross, Julia, and hope! DLF put in our name and specifically asked for a seated table because we had some kiddos with us. Shortly they called our name, but said it was for a standing table. We declined, and they sent us back outside, but it wasn't long until we joined a group of people at a seated table... Hi... get cozy with strangers! That's ok... we are obviously strangers to no one!

Scott wasn't back yet... but was on his way... and remember he left me his canopy Scooter.. and it had started to rain. So we were inside..... getting cocktails and beverages from a funny server (anyone remember his name?) I got the Yub Nub, which was SUPER strong. It was also suppose to come in a carved mug. The server had good news and bad news... the carvers couldn't keep up and they were out of mugs... but the good news was they could still make me the drink. If you read DRL's report.. you know about the blue milk poop cookie! Here's some pictures to prove we were all together, and I hope @Figment Forever doesn't kill me for one... it shows her drinks well!

View attachment 415789

View attachment 415790

View attachment 415791

Look at that yellow drink, it had crazy boba in it and some type of dry ice or something that made it bubble. It was fun!

Here's my drink:

View attachment 415792

and DRL 2 fisting blue milk.... where are the poop cookies?

View attachment 415793

I could only drink about 1/3rd of my drink because it was so strong, but by that time Scott was outside getting drench... only they wouldn't let him in, they said I had to come out... So I went out, called him in and he came in anyway! We had room at the table, and he quickly drank the rest of my drink. His back was hurting from walking so far in the park and in the rain. Lesson learned, don't leave me the scooter!

It was so nice to meet everyone, and give hugs in real life... laugh, and chat. Ross must have been the envy of all the guys since he was with 6 gals. After a bit.. everyone had to go to get to Fast Passes and such... so we had to part ways.. Thanks for all changing your plans so that we could all get to Oga's at the same time!

After everyone left, Scott and I took a walk around the Cantina and took a couple pictures.

View attachment 415794

View attachment 415795

It was need to go into once... but it's not some place I really need to go to again, unless I'm meeting a group of Magicians!

Earlier I had gotten a return time for Smuggler's run, so we decided to take our turn on that.

View attachment 415797

View attachment 415798

View attachment 415799

We ended up Pilots, and boy were we bad... Sorry people who rode with us! We crashed the ship! This ride hurt Scott's back. So it'll be a once and done for him, but he had to try it at least once!

Can we talk about how wonderful of a human Julia is though ❤️❤️ She is so inquisitive and caring and has a great sense of humor ❤️❤️

Sept 19th continued more...

It was almost time for Scott's Droid Depot reservation, so we wandered around in the market and then headed to the depot.

View attachment 415802

Inside, there was a line for people with reservations, and a line for standby, it wasn't packed, so I imagine standby's didn't wait too long.

You check in and they get you to the registers where you pick your droid type and pay. They give you a tray, with the specs of your droid and send you to the conveyor belt.

View attachment 415803

Once you grab all your parts, you go to the assembly area where you put your droid together. There are CM's available if you need assistance.

View attachment 415804

And once you are finished, they activate your droid for you, show you how the remote works, tell you about all the power switches and quirks, they box you up, then send you on your way to buy extras if you wish.

View attachment 415805

This girl reminded me of Julia, @Figment Forever !

Scott ended up buying some different colors pieces parts to put on his droid, and he bought the blue chip to make it produce pleasant beep boop beep sounds. (technical term there)

Thrilled with his purchase, we were off to look in more shops, and in search of food.

We ran into the Milk stand around the corner, and we each tried.

View attachment 415806

I drank about half of the blue and I was done... too sweet... Scott liked the green... it has a flowery taste to it, which is something he enjoys. I however took one taste and agreed that it was his!

We went into another cool shop. It has scary things hanging on the wall.

View attachment 415807

View attachment 415808

The shop had a pyramid looking thing that also used cyber crystals.. but I don't remember what it did.

Scott was hungry and decided on a Ronto Roaster, I wasn't in the mood for that.... and so I figured I'd find something later.

View attachment 415809

You needed A!! 😂😂😂 She inhaled my blue milk 😂😂😂

Gurt

Lovely meet up (im not up to this part in DLF's report yet) I spotted @Figment Forever back in 2016 but I was too shy to go and say hello (yes I kick myself still) and to be fair Chris would have died if 3 years ago I said I was going to say hello to one of my 'pretend friends' I am hoping he has a change of heart now he knows we are all following each other on Intsa, I think in his head it makes everyone a bit more 'real' 😂

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Lovely meet up (im not up to this part in DLF's report yet) I spotted @Figment Forever back in 2016 but I was too shy to go and say hello (yes I kick myself still) and to be fair Chris would have died if 3 years ago I said I was going to say hello to one of my 'pretend friends' I am hoping he has a change of heart now he knows we are all following each other on Intsa, I think in his head it makes everyone a bit more 'real' 😂

I hope when he comes around we're there for it!! It would be so cool to meet you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom