News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

JohnD

11am update

145744_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Given the changing path and timing, I would not be surprised to see some of the earlier closings rescinded.

I can see some closings moved back because the storm is a few days behind the original forecast, but until they are no longer in the cone and the forecast for tropical force winds drop from 70% to zero, I doubt closings would be rescinded.

Also, while the interior of Florida becomes safe, it's still part of a state where the coast needs evacuation, and major roads become one-way, and state-wide power outages happen.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
I can see some closings moved back because the storm is a few days behind the original forecast, but until they are no longer in the cone and the forecast for tropical force winds drop from 70% to zero, I doubt closings would be rescinded.

Also, while the interior of Florida becomes safe, it's still part of a state where the coast needs evacuation, and major roads become one-way, and state-wide power outages happen.

Oh absolutely, but for everyday that airport for example is closed, millions of dollars from the local economy is lost. Airports shutdown all the time for weather, but when you announce a hard closure it has a major effect.

bclane

Prayers for the people who live in Coopers Town and Crown Haven. If they haven’t already left they better get out soon.

Edit: I mean for everyone in the Bahamas really but those two towns are about as directly in the path of danger as you can get.

CJR

I was very happy with the news today. Still, we're installing sand bags and removing all outdoor furniture today. Better safe than sorry in the event of a forecast change.

Here's hoping that the Carolinas will have similar luck, should our forecast hold or continue to improve.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Got my wish it seems Dorian has moved further off the coast of SC and Orlando will be spared.

Orlando is not even outside the cone of possible eye wall strikes let alone will be spared by tropical force winds (possibly) from a center that's farther away. Not time to let down one's guard.

The *possibility* of tropical/hurricane winds is greatly diminished not gone, but there still is a chance.

seascape

I am happier today about Florida and Dorian. I still think we need some more prayers to move the arorm a little more east so the Carolinas don't get hit abd it goes out to sea.

Now this is good and bad for Disneg abd Universal. It is geeat they won't have and real damage to clean up from but tons of people cancelled their trips so they will both lose revenue. On the otherhand this is great for the guests because of the lower attendance. Oh well, Disney and Universal have to take the good and bab so thry gave no right to complain since both make a fortune.

Finally, one last time, pray Dorian goes out to sea and that no one is hurt.

seascape

As a person of faith, I have no problem with your comment. You’re just telling the truth.

We know prayers don’t control the weather, or there would never be a devastating hurricane, tornado, etc.

We don’t pray for the hurricane to go away; we pray for the strength to get through it and help others. We may hope it goes away, but that’s not the same thing.

That said, if it comforts people to pray, let them pray however they wish (as I’m sure you do.)
Will prayers prevent a hurricane from hitting a specific location. No, but praying that it moves out to sea and no one is hurt is the right thing to do. . However no one should ever criticize others asking for prayers that it moves out to sea and no one gets hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom