News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Phil12

Apparently you did not read, or did not comprehend, my post. So I shall repeat it:

1. At times of day when heat might be an issue, there will not be enough Guests riding for Disney to "cram" 10 into a cabin.
  2. At times when Disney may want to "cram" 10 people into a cabin (park opening and closing), heat will not be an issue.
It was 94 °F with 81% humidity at 9:00 AM at Epcot this morning.

joelkfla

It was 94 °F with 81% humidity at 9:00 AM at Epcot this morning.
What's the data source?

Weather Underground has a backyard station in Golden Oak reporting 79° at 9 AM, and 89° at 11 AM.

A station in Celebration reported 84° at 9 AM, and 91° at 11 AM.

It seems unlikely that Epcot, located between the two, would be 10-15 degrees hotter, unless the reading was taken over a sea of asphalt.

Phil12

What's the data source?

Weather Underground has a backyard station in Golden Oak reporting 79° at 9 AM, and 89° at 11 AM.

A station in Celebration reported 84° at 9 AM, and 91° at 11 AM.

It seems unlikely that Epcot, located between the two, would be 10-15 degrees hotter, unless the reading was taken over a sea of asphalt.
Data source is the EPCOT parking lot at 9:00 AM this morning using a calibrated ThermoPro TP-60S Digital Hygrometer, Thermometer and Humidity Monitor. It's a real world temperature taken in the shade. And yes the recorded temperature is higher because of the massive amount of concrete and reflected sun. Lots of heat rises off of the surfaces in EPCOT (and all the other parks as well). Anyone who has visited Animal Kingdom has first hand knowledge of this phenomenon.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My personal opinion is that the lines for this will usually be quick enough that if one party doesn't want to ride with another party, they can simply board the next gondola a few seconds later. Even if there are longer lines I don't think there will be a need to squeeze multiple groups in single gondolas.

With the bag check bottleneck at the parks between the gondola exit and the entrances, it won't matter if a party arrives 30 seconds later versus if they squeezed in with another party.
Here's your sign...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I've had plenty of awkward conversations with Lyft drivers. I can't imagine the Minnie vans are that different.
They are quite a bit different actually. All the Minnie Van drivers are long time cast members. I've had great conversations with them about a variety of topics. One of my drivers on my Feb trip was one of the former managers of Festival of Fantasy. Had a fascinating conversation about the logistics of pulling off a parade every single day.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Why the angst? All the naysayers will be proven wrong soon enough and you'll be able to quote and say "nanny nanny boo boo" later.
I guess I really don't care who is right or wrong. I come here to see photos, learn about how it will work (capacity, load unload), etc. Getting tired of opening this thread (and that's really my fault, I should know better) to see another 5 pages of jokes about melting in the Gondolas.

drizgirl

I guess I really don't care who is right or wrong. I come here to see photos, learn about how it will work (capacity, load unload), etc. Getting tired of opening this thread (and that's really my fault, I should know better) to see another 5 pages of jokes about melting in the Gondolas.
Well, I think all the legit questions have been addressed by now. Consider it mood music filling the time until summer is over and it opens.

Bender123

Oh no, I read AND comprehended your post, and you are taking a very idealistic view of this situation. Either you aren't aware of how Disney works or don't have enough experience in the parks. Disney RARELY doesn't cram a transportation vehicle full of people especially when parks are at full capacity.

We are talking about a system that move the entire population of the CBR at maximum occupancy within an hour...Exactly how many people do you think use WDW Transport between the hours of 10 and 7PM? You would be amazed at how few people actually return to the resorts, park hop or "just cruise around".

If this were a batch load system, sure, they would cram it full, but this is taking and moving the entire hourly average midafternoon bus ridership at Epcot within about three minutes in a continuous load system...Cramming a car full just to have ten empty ones behind it doesn't make any sense from an operational standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom