Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

phillip9698

These are supposed to be luxurious, immersive properties. You don't put your fast food joint front and center. Form and function should be balanced. Contempo Café drives me nuts because having that smack dab in the middle of your grand atrium just reeks of economy lodging.

Really? No Disney property qualifies as luxurious unless the comparison is to Hampton Inn.

mikejs78

Premium Member
None that I know of.

And I don't regard it so far-fetched after what happened in Wilderness Lodge. Specifically a "steakhouse"? Maybe not. Character M&G?... nothing crazy about that in today's WDW.

No, I don' think it's far fetched. But I'm inherently skeptical about anything put out there by Clickbait, Jim Hill, or a bus driver.

Unless it involves cupcakes. I always believe the rumors about cupcakes.

Surfin' Tuna

This might have more truth to it than any of us wanted to believe, and I'm still not sure I believe it. It appears however this could be part of a bigger re-theme of the Contemporary.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe like all the parks are getting a makeover of their entrances, so now all resorts are going to get makeovers of their lobbies and restaurants.

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe like all the parks are getting a makeover of their entrances, so now all resorts are going to get makeovers of their lobbies and restaurants.
Kind of like how Allstars food court got redone with the Horrid new Mickey short designs.
food-court-9-sign.jpg

Surfin' Tuna

I've heard that some of the rooms have been done as test rooms, and this is what is swaying my opinion. I have not seen them or pictures of them, so I always reserve judgement. Especially when this talk was all started by clickbait.

TrojanUSC

None that I know of.

And I don't regard it so far-fetched after what happened in Wilderness Lodge. Specifically a "steakhouse"? Maybe not. Character M&G?... nothing crazy about that in today's WDW.

Contemporary is unique as the convention business is so heavy. The Wave was put there specifically because they needed another restaurant that could offer same-day availability and serve as a somewhat business-friendly atmosphere. Adding characters would leave these conventioneers without a single sit-down place to eat unless they magically knew to book months out but that's unlikely.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Contemporary is unique as the convention business is so heavy. The Wave was put there specifically because they needed another restaurant that could offer same-day availability and serve as a somewhat business-friendly atmosphere. Adding characters would leave these conventioneers without a single sit-down place to eat unless they magically knew to book months out but that's unlikely.

Tratoria al Forno has a section so that guests who don't want the M&G with Rapunzel et al. can eat in peace.

blizeH

Seems crazy to me in this time where people are going vegetarian and vegan are a staggering pace to build a steakhouse, unless of course it does cater to veggies also (Disney is doing a great job in this to be fair)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Seems crazy to me in this time where people are going vegetarian and vegan are a staggering pace to build a steakhouse, unless of course it does cater to veggies also (Disney is doing a great job in this to be fair)
People are going vegetarian and vegan at a staggering pace? What is this staggering pace?
Around 5% of Americans say they are vegetarians. Around 1% say they are vegan. So 92% of Americans don't claim to not eat meat.

So why not build a restaurant that caters to 92% of the American* population? It's not like Disney doesn't have plenty of Vegetarian/Vegan options, and pretty much every restaurant on property does offer something for vegetarian/vegan diners.

* Note: I am not attempting to exclude the rest of the world here, but the statistics I could find were all US based.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom