News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

ThistleMae

The land is already opened months before WDW is, they already stole the thunder from it. If they were that concerned, they could've just delayed opening the land and just opened them the same day. I don't think keeping one ride closed is going to have that big of an effect in terms of what happens with WDW.
I'm equally excited for the WDW SWGE opening, and I'm going to DL in November, not WDW. I'm typically a WDW frequent flyer, so I think people who tend to frequent WDW will be just as excited about their opening.

fctiger

I'm equally excited for the WDW SWGE opening, and I'm going to DL in November, not WDW. I'm typically a WDW frequent flyer, so I think people who tend to frequent WDW will be just as excited about their opening.

I have no doubt. I mean if you haven't been yet, you're going to be excited either way.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It's almost a month when Batuu opened and the MF is having troubles.
What a piece a junk.( Sorry I had to say that.)
I’m actually here right now and have seen no issues with MF tonight at all. Wait times never exceeded 35 and most of the night it has been 15 minutes.

One random thing I saw tonight is that watching Disneyland fireworks over the Millenium Falcon has already become a very big thing and we aren’t even out of previews yet. . Unfortunately, the relative placement of the land will make this a Disneyland only experience given the parks geographic position and orientation. At DHS, fireworks will launch from the opposite side of the park instead of behind GE

TROR

I’m actually here right now and have seen no issues with MF tonight at all. Wait times never exceeded 35 and most of the night it has been 15 minutes.

One random thing I saw tonight is that watching Disneyland fireworks over the Millenium Falcon has already become a very big thing and we aren’t even out of previews yet. . Unfortunately, the relative placement of the land will make this a Disneyland only experience given the parks geographic position and orientation. At DHS, fireworks will launch from the opposite side of the park instead of behind GE
I'd love to watch the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge, not because of some high of Star Wars euphoria, but because I greatly enjoy the bangs of a firework. Their explosion, so near, echoing off the rocks of Batuu must be a wonderful sensation on the ears.

truecoat

It’s pretty close to the same angle as Disneyland.

6827C744-50B9-4182-9319-816155F08345.png

drod1985

It's almost a month when Batuu opened and the MF is having troubles.
What a piece a junk.( Sorry I had to say that.)
It's a new attraction featuring cutting edge technology. They're still ironing out the kinks in the system, so cut them some slack.

Y2feZcE.gif

donsullivan

Premium Member
It’s pretty close to the same angle as Disneyland.

View attachment 383108

Not even close to the same angle. The Disneyland launch location is at a completely different relative angle to the Falcon. People line up on the cockpit side of the Falcon on the ground in a taped off area (maintains acces to Smuglers Run and on the upper level landing outside Docking Bay 7 to see them. While you’ll be able to see fireworks from GE at DHS they will not be launched from the same relative angle to be behind the Falcon in the same way. It’s not a conscious negative just an anomaly of the physical position. At DHS they’ll be more aligned with the TIE Echelon in the first order section.

Screenshot 2019-06-22 at 8.10.37 AM.png

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The angle of viewing is not relevant when at DHS they don't use large fireworks anymore due to not wanting to set Central Florida ablaze. The current hub shows use mostly nearby and small rooftop fireworks. A big disappointment to be sure for WDW goers for two years now.

TROR

Coming back up from San Diego and passed by Disneyland on the freeway. Having now seen Galaxy’s Edge I can say in confidence it’s inferior to the rest of the park. Also Mission Breakout is still an atrocity to the Resort’s skyline and Grizzly Peak is iconic.

captveg

Coming back up from San Diego and passed by Disneyland on the freeway. Having now seen Galaxy’s Edge I can say in confidence it’s inferior to the rest of the park. Also Mission Breakout is still an atrocity to the Resort’s skyline and Grizzly Peak is iconic.

Wait - you saw it from the freeway and made a final judgment about a land you have yet to set foot in?

The eye rolls you inspire could be a new renewable energy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom