News Bird attack at Disney World leaves woman with traumatic brain injury

unmitigated disaster

Well, geese can be very mean - it's why farmers have used them as guard dogs, and why a good friend refused to visit a relative on their farm until her kid was about 6 and understood "stay away from the geese" - but how do you get them up to head level? Nipping her hands or toes or ankles, sure.

Incomudro

Well, geese can be very mean - it's why farmers have used them as guard dogs, and why a good friend refused to visit a relative on their farm until her kid was about 6 and understood "stay away from the geese" - but how do you get them up to head level? Nipping her hands or toes or ankles, sure.

That's what I mean.
They can be aggressive as hell, but they themselves can't really inflict much damage.

Cmdr_Crimson

Image result for peter griffin bird is the word

wdwjmp239

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bird-attack-disney-world-leaves-075008575.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-injury-lawsuit-orlando-florida-a8934321.html

A woman suffered severe brain injuries after she was attacked by a bird at Disney World, according to a lawsuit.

Lisa Dixon was allegedly left with a traumatic brain injury and herniated discs in her neck after the animal struck her in the head at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida in May 2017.

Her lawyer likened the force at which the bird struck her to being hit in the head by a baseball.

It is not clear what breed the bird was.

The woman, who is in her 30s and from nearby Celebration, Orlando, has filed a lawsuit at Orange Circuit Court, where she is seeking unspecified damages in excess of $15,000 (almost £12,000), according to The Associated Press.

It accuses Disney of failing to properly warn visitors of the dangers seasonal nesting birds pose, among other allegations.

The incident reportedly happened as Ms Dixon walked along a dock at Polynesian Village Resort where visitors can take a boat across the Seven Seas Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom or another resort, the lawsuit said.

Doesn't this just grab your goose? The poor lady should've ducked! ;)

Goofyernmost

Geese can fly, they just take the overland route to irritate humans.

Hcalvert

I was at Cedar Point yesterday and there was a seagull sitting above the exit of Gatekeeper that would swoop down on people and pull their hair. Should there be a lawsuit against Cedar Point since they have no signs about aggressive birds? Also, a discrimination case against the bird as it only attacked those people with no hats and longer hair (it did not bother those with buzz cuts or baldness). :rolleyes:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was at Cedar Point yesterday and there was a seagull sitting above the exit of Gatekeeper that would swoop down on people and pull their hair. Should there be a lawsuit against Cedar Point since they have no signs about aggressive birds? Also, a discrimination case against the bird as it only attacked those people with no hats and longer hair (it did bother not those with buzz cuts or baldness). :rolleyes:
No case...hats and long hair aren’t protected classes. If the bird only attacked grey hair you might have a case for discrimination since the elderly are a protected class, but then again my hair started going grey in my 20s so the bird may be able to beat that rap too;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom