News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Bocabear

New as in New or New as in refurbished? Aside from addressing the accessibility issues and modernizing the restrooms, I really hope the new hall retains the character of the existing Pioneer Hall.
if it is new, it won't... The architectural firms Disney uses these days do not understand the same sense of scale and detail... Expect it to look like a mammoth version of the old with bare suggestions of theming and more like a Marriott pre function space...

Virtual Toad

The construction has already begun with massive clear-cutting of trees across from the existing horse barn. And the trail between the Fort and the WL is already closed for good.

Head to fortfiends.net and check out the River Country thread if you want to really be depressed.

trainplane3

if it is new, it won't... The architectural firms Disney uses these days do not understand the same sense of scale and detail... Expect it to look like a mammoth version of the old with bare suggestions of theming and more like a Marriott pre function space...
Also let's not forget about what art looks like...

My friends, "Why are you taking pictures in a bathroom of random tile pictures?"
Me, "To preserve true art before it gets ruined by some short sighted decision"

I'll assume my joke had some truth to it now and I hate it.

Monorail_Red_77

it is a lot farther away than it looks... It would be a major huge expensive construction project for no payout...rather have them put that money into new attractions...or adding detail to this new crop of pedestrian looking resorts...
They could bring back a 20K Sub style ride that connects the Resort to Island. Maybe even free floating boat like an immersive glass bottom bot type ride. win win right? That would be cool. Do some new/old ideas on the island too. make it an up charge event. maybe a show and quick service over there too.

Missing20K

They could bring back a 20K Sub style ride that connects the Resort to Island. Maybe even free floating boat like an immersive glass bottom bot type ride. win win right? That would be cool. Do some new/old ideas on the island too. make it an up charge event. maybe a show and quick service over there too.
I am not really an upcharge type of guy but.....

acb.jpg

aladdin2007

so sad but more or less probably true...with the de-theming going on property wide, this is just the latest to be ruined and butchered. so long fw, as we knew you anyway. It was too beautiful and natural to last. I realize the land is zoned for Disney to do what it wants, but like boca said, its all just marriott style anymore. They use to be so particular and implement the finest detail, now it really is pave paradise....and you all know the rest. So when do they bulldoze the Poly for an Aulani style tower? Wouldn't surprise me!

peter11435

so sad but more or less probably true...with the de-theming going on property wide, this is just the latest to be ruined and butchered. so long fw, as we knew you anyway. It was too beautiful and natural to last. I realize the land is zoned for Disney to do what it wants, but like boca said, its all just marriott style anymore. They use to be so particular and implement the finest detail, now it really is pave paradise....and you all know the rest. So when do they bulldoze the Poly for an Aulani style tower? Wouldn't surprise me!
Aulani >>> Poly

note2001

Looks like a lazy river. Hopefully some RC homages.

This is the defining aspect of this project to me. IF they pull off a lazy river reminiscent of the old river country I'll most likely buy in. Per my guide, they have until 2021 when the resort goes up for sale. (He was not happy to hear I have no interest in Riviera, but to contact me for Reflections (of River Country) when it's ready and I'll look it over/run the numbers.)

Lensman

That’s right by the parking lot. How is this going to be good for the horses? 😡
Lol

I'm sure they won't be exercising the horses in the parking lot. That would be bad for the horses and bad for the cars/drivers.

Where do you ride now? I've never been. Is the yellow track an exercise track or is it part of the guest riding area? It does look like there could be a lot of land to ride behind the stables, but I'm not familiar with the current riding area.

I'm pretty excited about the kid's pool area. A lazy river would be fantastic and the odd-shaped water area looks like it could be a new Stormalong Bay.

Here's an overhead of Stormalong Bay for comparison. It is 400 feet at its widest including the beach pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom