News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

nickys

Premium Member
Lol

I'm sure they won't be exercising the horses in the parking lot. That would be bad for the horses and bad for the cars/drivers.

Where do you ride now? I've never been. Is the yellow track an exercise track or is it part of the guest riding area? It does look like there could be a lot of land to ride behind the stables, but I'm not familiar with the current riding area.

I'm pretty excited about the kid's pool area. A lazy river would be fantastic and the odd-shaped water area looks like it could be a new Stormalong Bay.

Here's an overhead of Stormalong Bay for comparison. It is 400 feet at its widest including the beach pool.
View attachment 370271

What I meant is, housing the horses right next to the parking lot isn’t a peaceful spot. The horses are used to being in an area away from almost all traffic. Now they’re right beside a vast parking lot.

Missing20K

Hopefully, they won't over engineer the parking lots. For example, there's plenty of empty spaces at the Contemporary and BLT.
The number of parking spaces for any particular type of building is determined by code. I would expect that Disney could petition RCID for a variance if they could show that the required parking for Reflections can be lowered because they have excess existing parking.

More to the point, they could have had underground parking. Or even raise the first floor under the wings with rooms and had parking there.

The BLT and CR parking is a bit far away, no?

ABQ

The number of parking spaces for any particular type of building is determined by code. I would expect that Disney could petition RCID for a variance if they could show that the required parking for Reflections can be lowered because they have excess existing parking.

More to the point, they could have had underground parking. Or even raise the first floor under the wings with rooms and had parking there.

The BLT and CR parking is a bit far away, no?
BLT is very close to the lot, the main CR structure a bit further away. Not sure if they could go underground with a lot, just so much trouble dealing with the water table, I would guess. Possible, for sure, but worth the trouble for WDW? Probably not.

nickys

Premium Member
Aside from the near constant stream of buses running 4 24 hour routes through fort wilderness and their daily rides in a truck down the road as they travel to Magic Kingdom, the wedding pavilion, and Port Orleans.

True. Still not the same as having a peaceful refuge at the times of the day they’re not working. Working horses also deserve some down time too.

ImperfectPixie

Honestly, I don't think the traffic noise will bother them much. For decades, there was a stable right across the street from the highway off-ramp near where I live, and the horses were fine even with daily bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush hour. Trees and plantings can also dampen a lot of noise...more than you would think. (I know this because when we first bought our house, hubby intentionally cut down a bunch of saplings in a small wooded area separating our yard from the street and the difference in noise levels was startling - especially considering that the ones he cut down had relatively little foliage because they were so young.)

It's a parking lot for a resort and a road that will be used primarily for buses that are what...every 20 minutes? Traffic-wise, that's really not much at all. Plus, think about the horse carriages you see in some cities - that's WAY more noise than the levels the new stable will be exposed to.

trainplane3

Honestly, I don't think the traffic noise will bother them much. For decades, there was a stable right across the street from the highway off-ramp near where I live, and the horses were fine even with daily bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush hour. Trees and plantings can also dampen a lot of noise...more than you would think. (I know this because when we first bought our house, hubby intentionally cut down a bunch of saplings in a small wooded area separating our yard from the street and the difference in noise levels was startling - especially considering that the ones he cut down had relatively little foliage because they were so young.)

It's a parking lot for a resort and a road that will be used primarily for buses that are what...every 20 minutes? Traffic-wise, that's really not much at all. Plus, think about the horse carriages you see in some cities - that's WAY more noise than the levels the new stable will be exposed to.
Each bus should be every 20 minutes, but don't forget there are multiple routes. Basically a bus will come through every couple minutes. But still, it isn't much.

Missing20K

BLT is very close to the lot, the main CR structure a bit further away. Not sure if they could go underground with a lot, just so much trouble dealing with the water table, I would guess. Possible, for sure, but worth the trouble for WDW? Probably not.
Are we speaking of the same area? Or perhaps getting acronyms crossed?

Bay Lake Tower is further away from the Reflections site than the Contemporary Resort lot. Unless they are buying a ferry.

Kidani has the second example of indoor parking I alluded to, wherein the first occupied floor is the second floor slab, and parking is at ground level but in a garage.

Missing20K

There will be a minimum of one parking space per guest room plus an additional space for every 200 SF of convention and meeting space.
Any exceptions in the EPCOT Building Code to allow for existing parking within "X" feet, ala IBC 2015 that allows for lots within 500 feet?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The far end of resort parking lots really don't get a lot of noise. Cars driving past don't blare their horns. There are no parking lot raves. And it's dead at night. Plus, the horsies get a brand new stable and a walking path on the wooded side of the barn.

raymusiccity

The far end of resort parking lots really don't get a lot of noise. Cars driving past don't blare their horns. There are no parking lot raves. And it's dead at night. Plus, the horsies get a brand new stable and a walking path on the wooded side of the barn.
They can cut down on noise even further if they restrict parking closest to stables and campgrounds to electric vehicles only😃

note2001

Yes, at least everything you could see from Bay Lake. Passed by the site two nights ago by boat and was sad that nothing from River Country remained.
Remember, the water tower ended up at Fort Wilderness' main pool. Not sure if anything else was rescued/restored/repurposed.

I don't recall ever looking at the water tower as a kid. Guess I was just running past to get to the slides too fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom