The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

On the way home from soccer-
(While T had a piece of plastic stuck to the headrest in front of him and pretending to use The Force”

“I wish The Force was real.”

“T, you used the force on Kylo Ren, remember? At Jedi Training. You defeated him!”

“Mom. Come on. I was a little kid then, I’m not that stupid now. It wasn’t really Kylo Ren. It was a person in a costume pretending like The Force was real. I wasn’t actually using it, I was too little to know better. Ya know, like the Easter Bunny.”

“The Easter Bunny?”

“Yeah. The Easter Bunny isn’t real. Come on mom. Do you think that I believe a giant bunny hops around to everyone’s houses?”

“Well, you should. The Easter Bunny is real. Did someone tell you he wasn’t?”

“No, I’m just not gullible enough to believe something so silly.”

What the he**?????????

21stamps

Can we trade? Please?? It's too hot here! I don't know if it's an exageration or not, but one of my friends said they were getting a blizzard in Wyoming, and another one was driving back home from North Dakota to Wyoming and said the roads were pretty bad, but she made it. I don't quite want to trade for THAT, but a bit of snow would be welcome.

I want the hot weather back! I’d even take high 60s-70s.. but this 40s stuff stinks!

DH is in the doghouse. I got some Mootopia ice cream because it was on sale until today. After dinner, DD asks I want some, I said not right then, but she could have some. DH says "Oh....is that the chocolate ice cream with the cookie dough in it? Can I have some, too?" So they are sharing it, and then she says she's done, she goes upstairs and DH is still eating it. I look over to see him taking the EMPTY container back to the kitchen....he ate ALL of it. Gee....thanks for saving some for me. "It wasn't very good". :banghead::arghh::rolleyes::mad: It wasn't very good, so you ate ALL of it? "Um....I was saving you?"

Someone needs to go to the store for you.

Goofyernmost

On the way home from soccer-
(While T had a piece of plastic stuck to the headrest in front of him and pretending to use The Force”

“I wish The Force was real.”

“T, you used the force on Kylo Ren, remember? At Jedi Training. You defeated him!”

“Mom. Come on. I was a little kid then, I’m not that stupid now. It wasn’t really Kylo Ren. It was a person in a costume pretending like The Force was real. I wasn’t actually using it, I was too little to know better. Ya know, like the Easter Bunny.”

“The Easter Bunny?”

“Yeah. The Easter Bunny isn’t real. Come on mom. Do you think that I believe a giant bunny hops around to everyone’s houses?”

“Well, you should. The Easter Bunny is real. Did someone tell you he wasn’t?”

“No, I’m just not gullible enough to believe something so silly.”

What the he**?????????
I figure that when a kid gets old enough to use words like gullible... it's probably time to give up on the Easter Bunny thing.

21stamps

I figure that when a kid gets old enough to use words like gullible... it's probably time to give up on the Easter Bunny thing.
I’m not ready!!! I just can’t do that yet. So, I lied to him.

He’s asked about Santa quite a bit lately as well.. he has now turned that to “Ok, Santa is real, but I think each country has their own Santa. And I think the elves are not real.”

He’s been doubting the elves for several months now- Why? Because he noticed QR codes on the gifts. Therefore the elves couldn’t possibly make them. First he said that he wondered if Santa stole the gifts.. then he said “well, I guess he just orders them online.” He has conceded that maybe elves do the wrapping.
Then a few days ago he asked about his Elf on the Shelf, Luke. I think I’ve convinced him that Luke is real as well, but I am worried that he’s going to test his magic by trying to touch him. I need nanny cams.

I’m just NOT READY to let go of that magic.. any of it. I thought I’d have 1 or 2 more years.

Goofyernmost

Yea, I used the "I still believe in Santa" for a few years. Long after I knew better, but, I knew a gravy train when I saw one and just decided to cash in for as long as possible. I do understand the desire to keep it going, because frankly as soon as my kids made it clear that they were on to us, a whole lot of the fun went out of Christmas.

21stamps

Yea, I used the "I still believe in Santa" for a few years. Long after I knew better, but, I knew a gravy train when I saw one and just decided to cash in for as long as possible. I do understand the desire to keep it going, because frankly as soon as my kids made it clear that they were on to us, a whole lot of the fun went out of Christmas.

I literally cry when thinking about it. I just want at least one more ‘magic’ Christmas. I’ve complained about the Elf on the Shelf antics plenty of times.. performing surgery on the stupid Elf was annoying, but worth the resulting poses... I’ll take those annoyances if I get to see my kid wake up and excitedly search for the Elf. It’s going to be a weird Christmas season when it all stops.

StarWarsGirl

I literally cry when thinking about it. I just want at least one more ‘magic’ Christmas. I’ve complained about the Elf on the Shelf antics plenty of times.. performing surgery on the stupid Elf was annoying, but worth the resulting poses... I’ll take those annoyances if I get to see my kid wake up and excitedly search for the Elf. It’s going to be a weird Christmas season when it all stops.
I hate to tell you, but I believe he's at the age where they start figuring it out. If he doesn't, then his friends will clue him in. 8-9 is when it starts. It doesn't mean you'll have a less wonderful time together; it'll just be different.

I had to laugh out loud at the Easter Bunny conversation...he's one smart kid.

Cesar R M

DAY 3 PART 4

We arrived to Victoria to the Bus station for tourist and connecting buses... and things gets fishy.

Some stores were closed, also a counter lady where we had tickets for our trip back home and whose companion sold us the tickets to Butchart Gardens, kept claiming that the "restroom" was closed and noone was using it.
So we needed a loo trip. So we went inside the convention center, Which was right in the back of THE EMPRESS.
Took a bit to find it out as it was all the way down the convention areas.

After that, we went to check The Empress. Which looked now a mixture of old and new.
The Lobby looked good with a pianist and all that. But they wont let you get inside unless you're a guest or checking in.
They detoured us to the side door, which is a hallway with stores that connect to the left (right side if you look at the empress straight from the front) and also connects to the convention centre.

20180914_115256.jpg

Anyway at this point I was feeling REALLY BAD health wise. I felt like I had a full blown fever, I wasn't coughing yet but I felt a roaring sore throat. Like nails on my throat.

But we were still hungry. The bad? It started to rain.. kinda hard. and the wind was pretty cold.
So we pressed on and asked some of the tour operators (the ones who sell tickets for Butchart Gardens and other tours) for recommendations.
They ended recommending Pagliacci's. A restaurant that has been open for decades and continuously been busy. It specialities are pasta and Italian food.
The decor feels very early 90's late 80's with photos of famous people, politicians and old people related to italian restaurants or to this restaurant itself.

Very good waiters service for sure. (the restaurant: http://www.pagliaccis.ca/ )

Their bread service was the best I've ever had in almost 2 decades. My mom even complimented it and that is pretty weird lol.

Then I had the dish named "The Big Easy" with prawns, italian sausage, peppers, mushrooms and pasta.

Pretty sure my mom had a fish. I think it was "A fish called Wanda". Which she devoured and loevd.

I also ended eating a Caesar salad with extra cheese (love fresh quality cheese being cut infrot of you).

We were stuffed and it wasnt that expensive.
We had a little time left so we decided to walk around downtown Victoria.

Then we headed to the Bus terminal again which was now pretty full of people waiting for the last transfer.
Now the annoying part.
Remember the woman who claimed the restroom was "closed for renovations" and "did not server guests"?
Well every damn guest was using the restroom, it wasn't damaged, it wasn't locked. I guess they didn't have someone to clean it.

The trip back was pretty uneventful. It was almost dark by the time we got on the bus.
And as usual we were lucky because we were the first to go up, the first to get down of the bus into the ferry and the first to get out of the ferry.
20180914_195414.jpg
I was still feeling VERY bad. I felt burning inside while my sore throat was really bad.

It was clear I was about to have the cold of a lifetime when I returned. and we still had one day to use.

The shore was getting down to the bus and walking a few blocks with the cold wind (It rained in Vancouver but thank god it wasn't raining when we dropped from the bus).

We then hopped on the Skytrain and then to the SeaBus, to then take the Bus home.
It started raining again as we walked the last block near the house we rented.. But made it.
I was crashing down.. I went to shower, changed to proper sleep clothes.. and we still was awake as we had to decide what to do tomorrow with my illness.

(I started coughing at this point)...

Anyway we decided to check.. if the area was NOT cloudy, we would go to Grouse Mountain.

On the next day, I was absolutely bad.. I mean REALLY BAD.

Luck won out I guess because the entire area was under heavy fog and clouds.. so no grouse Mountain so we decided to check TELUS SCIENCE WORLD and check the Pixar special.
We took it easy, ate leftovers and we went to take the bus (It was raining softly again)
Then to the Sea Bus and then we took the Skytrain toward Telus Science World, which funnily.. its the same SkyTrain station as we used to get to the Bus Station for BC Ferries the day before.

Now the drama, had been talking with my boss's son.. so we could meet with him.
And I can tell you that this person is INSANELY UNRELIABLE. He's 100% on his world and will give priority to his world and not you.
That is the sad fact about him.
The first time I was on Vancouver, he was supposed to give me a tablet and go around to eat. He ended being almost 8 hours late.. almost forgot my tablet.. and we only managed to eat the last pieces of pizza in a random late pizza joint in downtown Vancouver.

And similarly happened. Despite claiming he really wanted to meet up, turns out that he wanted to CHANGE HIS CAR's OIL on the same day.
So we were back and forth over and over waiting for him while we were on the Science World museum.
We decided to do our thing and visited what we could while I was sick.
We watched the planetarium special show about butterflies in Brazil called "Amazon Adventure", kinda sad history about a man who was researching something similar to what Darwin did. Despite numerous fails and huge feats and tons of years of study.. turns out that Darwin beat him.. Darwin was actually inspired by his ideas.. He lost his friend and had Malaria for all his life. It was one of the 5 videos in ONMIMAX they had. (the others were about Pandas, Insects and others I do not remember), the video previews can be seen here: https://www.scienceworld.ca/omnimax

The other thing that I wanted to see was the Pixar special, which was amazing. They did show a ton of technology, huge Pixar character models.. original sculptures, systems for kids to check how they move the characters or build them.
And rendering systems and information.
20180915_142954.jpg

20180915_144155.jpg
LOVED this real size wall e! Also, that refillable bottle I bought from Butchart Gardens? It was a damn lifesaver! Felt like I couldn't breath because my throat was blocked by a giant snot? the bottle saves my day!

Anyway...The back and fort continued with my boss's son.. and it was getting to insane levels.
As we excited because he said he was going to drive us to eat...
Then he dropped the bomb about the oil change and how he wanted us to ride share downtown. And despite 4 hours of "planning" and going back and fort and empty promises.. To make things worse, he wanted to wash his car AFTER the oil change.. (really??? why then claim that you wanted to see us if you actually didn't? also we had moved all our days so we could see him on the day he said he had free)

We had enough and decided to go all the way back and eat whatever we could find by the other shore.
The dude still insisted on wanting to meet us and we told him no, we were moving back to the house.
My mom had enough and didnt want to see him in her lifetime. I was pretty ed also, but since I was ill...

Anyway, we took the Seabus back to the other shore and we decided to check around for restaurants.

There is a great marketplace full of restaurants, shops, butcher shop, bread shop, etc..
They even had a place that imported mexican products! (chiles, spices, etc..)
We decided to try a place that had reasonable prices.. It was an english themed pub restaurant.

But the funpart was.. It was one of the most facepalm inducing conversations and the most weird waiters we've had.
We got seated fairly quickly... and we ordered some water..
Then we ordered The fish and Chips for me and I'm afraid I have no idea what my mom ordered.

Now the fun part..
The waiters gave us FREEZING COLD water which was 90% ice.. 10% water.
I asked if he could give us some normal water, no ice, no cold because I was a bit ill.
They returned with VERY COLD WATER with no ice.. (obviusly from the same jar of water with the ice blocks removed ) :facepalm:
We decided to try again and asked for HOT water..
And they gave us BLISTERING HOT WATER from I suppose the Coffe Machine.
So we had to maneouver and mix the COLD water with the SCALDING HOT water to balance it out.
We ended having a decent single water glass. And the other we decide to make it for Tea.
So we asked for a teacup.. for tea..
They gave us more blistering hot water in the cup... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.
And when I say blistering hot.. as in water that can burn you instantly if you touch it..
It was STUPIDLY BAD...

Anyway on the good side, the food was very good. The Fries that accompanied the fish were some of the best I've ever had. The fish was good too, only problem is.. the last bits were dropping in oil... more oil that you'd see of a recently fried KFC piece.

On the good side, we had a good view of the bay and there were a few people who I'm pretty sure they had just married (including a pair of men). Getting photos by a pro photographer. It was nice to check how she did her job taking photos of all of them in different ways and posing them.

Anyway we paid and we took a small visit to the place and we headed back home.

Turns out my mom's friend was very nice to help us when she heard about our plight. Despite being super busy she made a hole in her schedule and helped us drive us to an hotel next to the airport.

It was a bit of a long road as my mom's friend.. as I said before.. is thousand times more paranoiac than I am when driving.
She refused to follow the GPS and despite that it would save her like 1 hour of drive, she decided to use the long route because it was familiar to her.

Anyway we dropped our stuff, thanked her.. paid our stuff to the hotel.. and we got to the hotel..
Took some medicine, took a shower and tried to sleep to no avail. Kept waking up feeling a huge lump of snot in my throat and unable to breath.
So I keep getting up while coughing every 15 minutes.. to drink water.. to go the restroom to pee and so on.. it was miserable.
It went the same cycle ALL night until 4:45 am, to which we had to be ready for the shuttle.

Took the shuttle, got to the airport, passed security, etc..etc.. and my mom found friends in the airport who were taking the same trip back home.
On the bad side.. the assigned seats of our trip back.. we were split.. and not in the window nor on the Aisle.. on the good side.. one of the seats were not taken so had a little more space.
STill was miserable.. I was doing my best to don't cough everywhere.
It was pretty nightmarish once we arrived to Mexico city as we had to pass security, go the restroom and hope to catch the flight home on time.
Turns out our flight arrived VERY early and we had time to go to a restaurant to eat something as we were starving. My illness didnt do me favours with the food but we managed. Took the trip back home, again in separate seats and arrived.. My sister picked us up and I just went straight to take meds.. My doctor prescribed strong anti flu stuff. then did a check up with her.. I almost had some severe Bronchitis... almost Pulmonia..

aaand thats the whole trip.. very dramatic in the end :p

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I hate to tell you, but I believe he's at the age where they start figuring it out. If he doesn't, then his friends will clue him in. 8-9 is when it starts. It doesn't mean you'll have a less wonderful time together; it'll just be different.

I had to laugh out loud at the Easter Bunny conversation...he's one smart kid.
Agree, most of the time someone else will cluing them in. I had my entire childhood destroyed by a guy who felt he was the great crap and how he "found dad was hiding the toys in the kitchen's storage area" very proudly. He did it even infront of little children.. (he was a gigantic dbag as he grew on lol)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I was only about 6 when I found out about "Santa isn't real" from a kid on the street where I lived. She was about 4 years older and was bummed out when someone told her. So, she made sure that every little kid on the street knew--so they'd be as miserable as her. :cautious:

Nevertheless, I kept up the charade at home (a command performance for the next few years ;) ), because we all knew that if we could convince the parents that we still believed, we'd get more toys! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom