Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

Where did I say they were badly organized? I said better organized. I have organized road races before and the more years you
do it, the better organized you become. I was just saying, after 25 years, (not even including the other races), they could be
better organized. Read and then write, not gloss, react and write.

To me, saying it could/should have been better organized implies that the current thing isn't well organized. I think nothing is and will ever be completely perfect to everyone.

I disagree with your opinion of 'they have been doing it for 25 years, everything should be perfect after so many edition's.
Time change. The events of 25 years ago are completely different and runDisney had to deal with lots of changes.

I've run races in the Netherlands that have been around for over 60 years and yet sometimes the organisation still changes things, trying to improve everything. Not all of those changes work, and thats the circle of improvement, right? runDisney had a 3th party involved, and is removing that at the moment, that's all.

As @dreamfinder said, it's best to wait with any judgement till we've tried the system.

surfsupdon

I get worried bc the Disneyworld website, app, and even runDisney page itself always have glitches and error pages. Heck, as an AP, I was blocked from the AP site for more than half of this year.

But I have never had a problem with active.com

Hope the new process will be just as fluid as in years past.

Katherine

I'm already anxious for thursday. What's the new proces? Registration starts at the account page of rundisney?

Yeah I'm hoping they release more information about registration but for now I'd make sure your runDisney information is all up to date!

Prices are all on the website on the registration page:

Entry Fees and Deadlines

Dopey Challenge
  • $585

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
  • $385

Walt Disney World® Marathon
  • $188

Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
  • $188

Walt Disney World® 10K
  • $125

Walt Disney World® 5K
  • $85

runDisney Kids Races
  • Dashes – $20
  • One Mile Run – $30

Disney Castaway Cay Challenge*
  • $80*

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm hoping to do Dopey in 2020...honestly how bad is it? I'm doing the 5k/10k/half in both November & February so I guess what's 26.2 on top of that?

Figment82

Just registered for the half. I actually don’t have my DVC membership linked to my account (can’t find the access code you need), but I was able to sign in under my mom’s account and it worked fine. So hopefully those of you trying to register other family members will also have success - I just used the link off the DVC site. I had to go through my phone, it’s stuck on the waiting room screen on my computer (Safari).

Double/triple/quadruple checked my email and runDisney dashboard to make sure it was confirmed, lol! Good luck everyone!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just registered for the half. I actually don’t have my DVC membership linked to my account (can’t find the access code you need), but I was able to sign in under my mom’s account and it worked fine. So hopefully those of you trying to register other family members will also have success - I just used the link off the DVC site. I had to go through my phone, it’s stuck on the waiting room screen on my computer (Safari).

Double/triple/quadruple checked my email and runDisney dashboard to make sure it was confirmed, lol! Good luck everyone!

Once again, the Passholder link doesn't work, so I too went through DVC. Had logged in to all my accounts previously, but once I selected DVC, had me log into my rD account and was easy peasy. Dropped some $$ since I just HAD to buy a few things - commemorative bundle, race bundle, jacket. But I'm registered for the 10k.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think I've asked this before, so my apologies for repeating myself, but does anyone have the course map from last year's 10K?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom