The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

To all who are curious, I changed our stay at Fort Wilderness. I re-booked for a campsite! Eeek! I decided on a trailer. I just need to put the deposit down. They were closed by the time I got off the phone with Disney, but I emailed and left a message. So we get a week on property for less than a week in the cabins and the price is comparable to the Double Tree I booked and the Cabins split stay. They also gave me the number for a golf cart rental company that is less expensive than Disney. When I get the trailer booked 100% I will link to pictures of it. :)
I didn't even know you could rent an RV and have it set up for you at Fort Wilderness. I am happy you got a better deal and get to stay on property, can't wait to hear how you liked it.

12in12

Hubs is from Colorado, and in his teens, he worked for a few weeks at one of the largest cattle processing meat plants. He stopped eating red meat for a few years after that . . . :cautious: (But then a few years beyond that, he missed it, so started eating beef again.)
I worked as a cleaner in a chicken nugget factory one summer, they slaughtered and cleaned the chickens across the road and every part of the carcass that couldn't be sold separately got ground into a paste to make the nuggets.:depressed:

MySmallWorldof4

I will have loads of ketchup tomorrow. Too tired now to do that. Things were going great til the end. Their pyramid failed completely. Little dd who is kind of the keystone in it wasn’t boosted into position properly and fell. She was ok, just her pride was hurt. She smiled through the rest of the routine while crying though. Don’t know how she accomplished that. Amazingly enough they weren’t last. They were 4 out of 5. I guess the routine they put together was more complicated without the pyramid than the team in 5th. Well you can’t win them all, byt they will try harder next time to avoid the error that was made.

Cesar R M

I worked as a cleaner in a chicken nugget factory one summer, they slaughtered and cleaned the chickens across the road and every part of the carcass that couldn't be sold separately got ground into a paste to make the nuggets.:depressed:
yikes, which brand? because I know it varies depending on the company.
But McDonalds definitively uses all the rest (apart from the bones) using mechanical extraction to remove all traces of meat, hides,fat and cartilage.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I will have loads of ketchup tomorrow. Too tired now to do that. Things were going great til the end. Their pyramid failed completely. Little dd who is kind of the keystone in it wasn’t boosted into position properly and fell. She was ok, just her pride was hurt. She smiled through the rest of the routine while crying though. Don’t know how she accomplished that. Amazingly enough they weren’t last. They were 4 out of 5. I guess the routine they put together was more complicated without the pyramid than the team in 5th. Well you can’t win them all, byt they will try harder next time to avoid the error that was made.

Aw, man. They'll get it next time!! Really impressive they made it this far!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh My Gosh! I am sitting in this competition and there is a mix of cheer and dance. A senior girls dance team was just on. They were wearing some weird halter. One girl had a major wardrobe malfunction. Top broke. No bra. They must have known the top had issues cause the girls you know whats were covered with duct tape. She danced the dance and finished. :eek::eek::eek:

Oy. Tears for her.

3 decades ago, my wedding party, 2 of my bridesmaids were having babies just before my wedding. That was not a factor when ordering the dresses which were spaghetti strapped. One of the prego's gave birth 3 weeks before my wedding and to twins not known until a month before the wedding as ultra sounds were not always the norm in the 80s. She never mentioned the issues with fitting into her dress to me or I certainly would have made other arrangements for a similar dress for her as it was her I wanted on my day not a dress. Any-who during the first dances when the wedding party came out her dress that had been altered to the Max (I still didn't know) popped both of the spaghetti straps during the bridal party dance in front of 250 guests. After those dances I found out about the dress issues as we attempted to put her back together.

And that was an adult. I can't imagine a young girl. Poor thing.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
James has graduated to assistant planner and he does a good job for most things but there are little details I still like to plan.

That is how my DD graduated to be the family planner. It helps that we all adore Disney though sometimes I want to wring their necks for making it more difficult on us fans. I'm still going.

She planned a chunk of her 16th Birthday when my son was in the College Program down there yet I still had a hand in that one. When she graduated early a semester early as @StarWarsGirl can attest to saving a substantial amount of tuition she wanted to head to Disney to celebrate. My son was able to arrange many discounts and comp's and we were off to celebrate her graduating from her University with honors and a double major. That trip she took on the role of Master Planner. It was an easy pass because she took her education so seriously and was anything but the stereo typed college student many depict them to be...it was only fair that she planned our trip with what she wanted it to be. It was a Flower and Garden Trip. Though we have had many trips that was one of the top Five Trips for us. Good memories, good times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom