The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BuddyThomas

Sorry you couldn't get yours. We got ours a couple weeks ago. I'm not always for sure the flu shot prevents anything but I figure it is worth a shot.
Ahhhhhh!!! I would rather be hit in the head with a rock than get a needle in the arm. I have such an intense and insane needle phobia that have to work myself up for weeks to do this. My doctor thinks I am insane, and naturally, he is correct. ;)

StarWarsGirl

Ahhhhhh!!! I would rather be hit in the head with a rock than get a needle in the arm. I have such an intense and insane needle phobia that have to work myself up for weeks to do this. My doctor thinks I am insane, and naturally, he is correct. ;)
I had allergy shots in both arms for five years. Two shots, one in each arm, per week.

I have needed IVs about 5-6 times in my life.

I have to get a flu shot at least once, preferably twice, during a flu season because I absolutely cannot get the flu.

I've had to have routine blood work done every now and then, and an underactive thyroid showed up, so now this will be an annual deal. At least. Could be a monthly deal until they get the dosage on my medication correct.

I carry an epi pen and have had to stick myself with it three times in the past, and if I were to have a severe allergic reaction, in would go the epi pen.

Any phobia of needles I might have had was gone a LONG time ago. ;)

BuddyThomas

I had allergy shots in both arms for five years. Two shots, one in each arm, per week.

I have to get a flu shot at least once, preferably twice, during a flu season because I absolutely cannot get the flu.

I've had to have routine blood work done every now and then, and an underactive thyroid showed up, so now this will be an annual deal. At least. Could be a monthly deal until they get the dosage on my medication correct.

I carry an epi pen and have had to stick myself with it three times in the past, and if I were to have a severe allergic reaction, in would go the epi pen.

Ahhhhhhh!I am so sorry to hear this. That makes my needle phobia sound ridiculous. But I am still needle phobic. Is it just a matter of getting used to it?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Interesting method used to remove ticks, and I've also read about that procedure before. Nowadays, the medical community says not to try to remove them that way. o_O

But hubs (who was raised out in the Colorado mountains) also told me that his parents used the match method. They had to be super careful with those critters out there, because some of them were carriers of Rocky Mountain spotted fever. So, he survived, you survived, and Bets survived, using the old tried and true match removal method. Baffling to me why the "medicals" would snub their nose at that. Although primitive by today's standards, it was efficient, quick, and cheap . . . so why not? :confused:

Me, I have a pair of hemostats. I would lightly grasp their rears and they always backed out. Then you had them in grip to dispose of them verses chasing the little varmints.

With topical treatments fleas are a non-issue anymore, that stuff knocks them down within a few hours. I only used it up here in summer months and until fall with the first real hard frost as it is a pesticide that is going on their skin. No way in heck was I ever going down that road of feeding a Pup a pesticide pill. Bad enough on their skin let along swallowing the pesticide let alone year round. Common sense. Would I swallow pesticides just because it was effective from keeping fleas away from me? Too many pets being lost to autoimmune disease these days. I look at hooping cough the human name for the disease and bordetella vaccine the pet version, traditional vaccine with Pups. Humans get that vaccine, whooping cough early on than a booster much later on. Twice in a lifetime. Vets give this vaccine annually to Pups, very little to zero regulation for pets and their life span is so much shorter but given the vaccine so much more frequently. Kennels mandate it 'cause vets say so. We wonder why we have so many pets passing from autoimmune diseases? Drives me crazy.

Gabe1

And for you, with all these pre-existing conditions I worry for you and others like you. Weighs heavy on my heart. :inlove:

Gabe1

Ahhhhhhh!I am so sorry to hear this. That makes my needle phobia sound ridiculous. But I am still needle phobic. Is it just a matter of getting used to it?

With me it is a height thing. I wasn't always this way.Very much the opposite in fact. For some unknown reason it came about after I gave birth to my kids and very, very shortly after. Don't get it. Not rational. And so was never that way pre-motherhood. Me the only thing I can think of is a chemical imbalance that pregnancy thwarted. The mind is a funny funny thing.

Cesar R M

I took Belle to the vet on Friday night for her paws. We saw a different vet this time, who I think I will be going to from now on since she has the same opinion on declawing as I do which I think makes for a better vet. She gave Belle a shot of pain meds, a steroid that goes into effect quickly, and another that will stay in her system for about a month.

It's like having a different cat around. She's running around again, chasing Jasmine around the house, playing with Jasmine, looking out the back window, asking for food, eating her entire dinner, not hiding, not spending more time on my bed than I do, actually wanting to spend time with other members of the family instead of being completely dependent on me for attention..so much better. And her paws are no longer sore and bleeding. She may need another round of the shots, and we'll need to give her more time before giving her her vaccinations, but it seems like we've turned a corner. Finally.

Although I'm not sure Jasmine knows quite what to make of all of this. :hilarious:
hang on, you declawed your cat?

Cesar R M

Same, I see them as a nuisance now.
I got more needles, surgeries, etc.. to last a lifetime. All this when I was mere 9 years old.

Gabe1

Ok I'm going to be a killjoy for a post so if you don't want to be bummed out skip on by but I just need to share my huge bummer of a day....

After lunch today all the teachers were called to an emergency meeting (it was a quick one in between classes so the kids weren't left on there own for too long). The news was that one of our students had committed suicide last night. She wasn't in my class anymore, but she was last year. She was in foster care and had many issues but I always got along with her really well and enjoyed having her in my classroom. She had so much potential I am just devastated to see that wasted and so disheartened that she considered that her best option. :( I just can't understand it. This is the second student I've had that has turned to suicide, the first one was when I was a first year teacher and despite being older now it is just as tough to deal with. Sorry for being a downer and thanks for reading.

And skip this too if you only come here for fun...

Ugh. :cry: No words of wisdom. Just prayers for you and your community. Little ones believing they have no where to turn in our great nation. Breaks my heart. My DS classes were spared all that but my DD class over time had 3 similar losses. We are such a small town, 3 is beyond unthinkable in a graduating class of 84, not that one life lost in a huge population is acceptable.

While I have no appropriate words of condolence Big {{{Hugs}}} to you and your school community as you and students try to wrap their brains around all this. Mental Health is such a condition that I wish we cared about more as a whole. I know health care for mental issues is a "social" issue here and not fun but dang this breaks my heart, so sorry if my empathy gets in the way of others 'fun' on the thread. It is such of a condition as cancer or heart disease. Breaks my little heart. May God wrap her arms around her now. Dang.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok I'm going to be a killjoy for a post so if you don't want to be bummed out skip on by but I just need to share my huge bummer of a day....

After lunch today all the teachers were called to an emergency meeting (it was a quick one in between classes so the kids weren't left on there own for too long). The news was that one of our students had committed suicide last night. She wasn't in my class anymore, but she was last year. She was in foster care and had many issues but I always got along with her really well and enjoyed having her in my classroom. She had so much potential I am just devastated to see that wasted and so disheartened that she considered that her best option. :( I just can't understand it. This is the second student I've had that has turned to suicide, the first one was when I was a first year teacher and despite being older now it is just as tough to deal with. Sorry for being a downer and thanks for reading.
I have no words but am sending prayers and pixie dust. Be a well as you can be my friend

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm right there with you. I think the person giving the shots was worried about my ds having to come back and would wind up having a melt down if he had to do so. Ha! I'm the one on a verge of a meltdown having to go back. My ds is really good about needles.:confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow, such great savings. I shall put it into my fund for getting a house. Because man, that really helps...

View attachment 238989

Ben-Franklin.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom