Favorite Memory of Disney everyone says couldn't've happened, but you swear it did!

Mad Stitch

I seem to recall a sad clown with a help me sign on It's a Small World. I know for sure he isn't there now unless I miss him every time.

picture.php

graphite1326

I have to agree. I had not been to Epcot for awhile and went last year, and I was completly confused by the layout. England was not where I remembered it, Mexico. The only thing I can think is that I entered from a different way the last time I was there and that threw off my whole inner compass.

I usually start with a beer in Canada and work my way around. For some reason I get confused with the order myself.

NYwdwfan

Does anyone else remember a scene of singing vegetables at the end of The Land ride (repeatedly singing the words "Listen to the Land"?) I fear I may have made it up.

I also remembered a real quick drop on Pirates - but when I went back last year the drop actually scared me (I know...I'm a big baby!!)

My parents are trying to convince me there was a cafe/breakfast place opposite Tony's but more toward the castle - next to where the Emporium is? I told them they were nuts. But they always seem to know better than me...:shrug:

Texas84

There was once no hat in front of the Chinese Theatre.

Spaceship Earth had a cool ending.

There used to be a cool archway of lights at Epcot during Christmas.

disneycouple07

I also always thought and remembered the drop being at the end....I think this is because I had a Disney Sing-along video that might have showed the drop AFTER the last scene on the ride.

I remember a short drop at the beginning that's in the dark...did something change? I don't remember it being a big deal but since I don't do the thrill rides, I'm concerned.

NYwdwfan

I remember a short drop at the beginning that's in the dark...did something change? I don't remember it being a big deal but since I don't do the thrill rides, I'm concerned.
It is short...by most people's definition. I actually got into a debate with my dad over it a few months ago. He was insisting it was about 4 feet - I was positive it was more like 25. I looked it up and if I recall correctly it's about 14 feet - but at a really gradual incline.

disneycouple07

It is short...by most people's definition. I actually got into a debate with my dad over it a few months ago. He was insisting it was about 4 feet - I was positive it was more like 25. I looked it up and if I recall correctly it's about 14 feet - but at a really gradual incline.

When you're terrified over any kind of "drop" - 14 feet is a lot. I never used to be scared until I rode Splash Mountain. I've been on that ride so many, I've lost count, it never bothered me until 2008. It was the second time riding it that trip and I don't know if I held or lost my breath but it was not a nice feeling. Since then I've been a real scaredy cat.

NYwdwfan

When you're terrified over any kind of "drop" - 14 feet is a lot. I never used to be scared until I rode Splash Mountain. I've been on that ride so many, I've lost count, it never bothered me until 2008. It was the second time riding it that trip and I don't know if I held or lost my breath but it was not a nice feeling. Since then I've been a real scaredy cat.
I rode splash with a friend in 1998 - first and only trip I rode it. Went we went down the drop I cowered down and hugged her - I figured if I was going to fly out I was taking her with me! So when she saw the ride photo she was po-ed my face was hidden and made me ride again. After the 4th attempt she finally stopped making me ride. I haven't been back on since.

TROR

Saw this thread on Twitter and it led me to here so I thought I'd bring up one.

Years ago I was talking to a friend of mine about Disneyland and how she hadn't been in a long time. Anyways, we were discussing the Matterhorn specifically and she was asking me if that was the snow mountain with the monster and I said yes. Then she asked me if this was the ride with the broken tracks and I was taken back. My instant reaction was, "oh, she's confusing the Matterhorn with Expedition Everest," so I brought that up to her and showed her a picture of the broken track on Everest. She said it was like that but she was solid that it was the Matterhorn at Disneyland. So I asked her if she had ever been to Walt Disney World and she said no. I had her ask her mother and sister if they remember ever going to Walt Disney World and according to her mother they had never even been to Florida. Why did she remember broken tracks on the Matterhorn like those on Expedition Everest? I have no clue.

Darth Figment

I think when I was a kid , I was watching the Michael Jackson 3d movie show thing , and I saw him jump off stage and grab a kid and run off.

ninjaprincesst

i swear this really happened , I remember getting off the monorail at the TTC and just walking across the platform to get on the Epcot monorail, without having to go all the way down and come back up.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
i swear this really happened , I remember getting off the monorail at the TTC and just walking across the platform to get on the Epcot monorail, without having to go all the way down and come back up.
If you ride the monorail from the MK to the
TTC (the express line, not the resort line) you do just walk across the platform to the Epcot monorail (without having to go all the way down and back up.)

NelleBelle

This memory refers to a ride I swear I rode several times when I was fairly young at Disneyland in the late 70s/early 80s. It was an omnivore ride with a ride vehicle exactly like the haunted mansion. I don't remember the name, only that there were images of snowflakes and somehow you seemed to go through a microscope and then saw a large eyeball looking at you. My parents have no idea what I'm talking about but I swear we rode it every year we went to DL!!

Goofyernmost

This memory refers to a ride I swear I rode several times when I was fairly young at Disneyland in the late 70s/early 80s. It was an omnivore ride with a ride vehicle exactly like the haunted mansion. I don't remember the name, only that there were images of snowflakes and somehow you seemed to go through a microscope and then saw a large eyeball looking at you. My parents have no idea what I'm talking about but I swear we rode it every year we went to DL!!
That might have been "Adventure through Inner Space". I never saw it but from what I heard it might fit what you saw.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

TTC (the express line, not the resort line) you do just walk across the platform to the Epcot monorail (without having to go all the way down and back up.)
i have never had it happen since no matter which line we are on. Makes me wonder if I imagined it.

Goofyernmost

What she said... ^^^^

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom