Disney’s Mufasa - the lion king

brb1006

First look at Young Mufasa
Mufasa.jpeg

erasure fan1

Not a promising first look. Sure it's just a teaser, hopefully the story trailer can really step it up. I am very curious about how this is going to do though. I don't know anyone who was happy with the the lion king live action. So I feel like this is going to have an uphill battle. Will people give it a flyer? Or is it a wait for D+ based on the disappointment of the first? Unless this gets great reviews from people I trust, it's definitely a D+ watch for me.

TsWade2

I’ll try not to get obsessed about this, but maybe Disney should go back doing hand drawn animation, I guess it’s just me though. Disney is too ashamed on doing hand drawn animation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’ll try not to get obsessed about this, but maybe Disney should go back doing hand drawn animation, I guess it’s just me though. Disney is too ashamed on doing hand drawn animation.
I doubt Disney is "ashamed" of doing hand drawn animation. More likely there are many factors from cost to not having enough animators trained in that specific type of animation on why they haven't done another hand drawn animation movie recently.

Farerb

I doubt Disney is "ashamed" of doing hand drawn animation. More likely there are many factors from cost to not having enough animators trained in that specific type of animation on why they haven't done another hand drawn animation movie recently.
They no longer have the necessary pipeline for a full length hand drawn feature anymore. As far as I know only Eric Goldberg, Randy Haycock and two trainees remained as hand drawn animators.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They no longer have the necessary pipeline for a full length hand drawn feature anymore. As far as I know only Eric Goldberg, Randy Haycock and two trainees remained as hand drawn animators.
Yep, exactly my point. I do believe there were plans to train the next generation at one point, but don't know where that went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom