Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

ditzee

You already said that you weren't disputing that the Rider Swap and Return to Line options address the needs of people with physical disabilities. So how does that not contradict what you have been posting when you claim the parks are now unwelcoming? If needs are met then that is the opposite of saying "Don't come here."
Not to stir the pot but Rider Swap and Return to Line are not always options for people with physical disabilities. Say a party of 4, 2 parents or grandparents with 2 young children. The adult with DAS might need help at any time and cannot use a scooter or a wheelchair. There's no way that even 1 adult can remain in line or 1 adult with both children can wait in line. The children definitely cannot wait with the DAS holder. What happens if the person with the DAS has a medical situation? How do the CMs know where to find the rest of the family? This might be a rare situation but it can happen.

Chi84

Premium Member
If Disney really cares about park operations rather than lining their pockets DAS limitations wouldn't be something they'd focus on right now. This is clearly stemming from a plethora of changes Disney has made previously that has lessened guest experience overall while increasing prices, and in turn has effected guest experience for those with disabilities. And now they've taken it a step further by making it even harder for those with disabilities to enjoy the parks. Disney knows they have created a monster in some of their guests who will froth at the mouth to attack the disabled people this effects most so Disney in turn can get away with placing the burden of their bad decisions and ineffective management as of late on their guest rather than making the changes (and here's the kicker...the investments) that will actually fix anything.

Oh we can't manage our crowds and we took it too far with Genie+? Let's blame it on DAS....our flag waving guests will do the witch hunt for us ::mickey laughs maniacally in the distance:v
But DAS over-use is a huge part of the problem. This was discussed at length with supporting statistics earlier in the thread.

Disney’s multi-generational appeal combined with an aging population and an increasing number of disabilities as defined by the ADA required them to move to accommodations more tailored than DAS.

Sparksfly

Many things can be true at once.

Everything you said correct.

That doesn’t mean DAS isn’t a problem.
Disney fixing the things I stated would fix any "issues" they claim DAS is causing without segregateing and discriminating against the vast majority of disabilities and creating issues for a substantial portion of their guests and their families.

Sparksfly

But DAS over-use is a huge part of the problem. This was discussed at length with supporting statistics earlier in the thread.

Disney’s multi-generational appeal combined with an aging population and an increasing number of disabilities as defined by the ADA required them to move to accommodations more tailored than DAS.
Again

Disney fixing the things I stated would fix any "issues" they claim DAS is causing without segregateing and discriminating against the vast majority of disabilities and creating issues for a substantial portion of their guests and their families.

Trauma

I think something needed to be done.

Unfortunately what they choose to do is extremely disappointing to say the least.

Chi84

Premium Member
Again

You can repeat yourself but I don’t think anyone here has the information to say with certainty how to fix Disney’s situation.

ditzee

One of the YouTubers talked about a person who purchased a hard ticket event, I think it was a Valentines day after hours even in DLR, but then he and his wife got COVID and knowing and understanding DLRs policy on COVID he knew he could not go, so he listed and sold the tickets AT COST, no profit, on a social site, I cant remember - He was a top tier AP at DLR and GOT BANNED for a YEAR and must keep paying for both APs.

Too bad this guy did not know enough to call...
I had 6 MVMCP tickets several years ago. Had bought them a month or so in advance. Then, my brother and his fiancee decided at the last minute to get married on the same night as our tickets. Instead of wasting them, I offered them free to the first person to send me a message on the board. A fellow poster got the tickets. Then, she sold them, lol. At least my conscience was clean.

Fido Chuckwagon

Off topic, but here's the recent story via OCR.

Rich sold the Sweethearts’ Nite tickets for more than face value in violation of Disneyland’s terms and conditions, according to Disneyland officials.
Yeah, that was the missing piece of the story.

Chi84

Premium Member
And vast majority of the people in this thread don't know what they're talking about about when it comes to people with disabilities and the type of accomodations they need...yet here you all are.

At least one thing is obvious for anyone watching ..Disney have failed in many sectors of management as of late as a well as making various poor executive decisions... And the ones I stated are the most clear. Them trying to pin some of it on DAS is not only a cop out and a way for them to avoid making much needed and meaningful investments (as well as milk Genie+ further) but its wrong and puts a target on the backs of people who already live under a microscope and judgment.
What about the statistics cited earlier in this thread?

Fido Chuckwagon

Trauma

I think this thread is about a sensitive topic likely to have strong emotional reactions. Especially posters who have family members who are affected by these changes. I’m guilty of losing it myself.

When I was young my Dad told me the better person walks away. He never told me how darn hard it is to do.

I think Elsa had a suggestion about this with her hit song. Can’t seem to remember the name of it. Catchy little tune…

Last edited by a moderator:

Trauma

Ok, and Disneyland indicates they sold the tickets for more than face value. So if they were scalping tickets to a sold out event for more than face value than the punishment seems appropriate to me.
So you didn’t read the story?

It was clearly a lack of knowledge of the rules.

They could have simply donated any profits to Make A Wish and Disney could have dropped it.

Disstevefan1

Ok, and Disneyland indicates they sold the tickets for more than face value. So if they were scalping tickets to a sold out event for more than face value than the punishment seems appropriate to me.
I am missing that in this article, all I see is:
“To ensure somebody would use the tickets, I offered them for sale at face value,” Rich said.

Fido Chuckwagon

So you didn’t read the story?

It was clearly a lack of knowledge of the rules.

The could have simply donated any profits to Make A Wish and Disney could have dropped it.
I read the article. They admitted it and apologized. Great. They can start using their AP’s again in ‘25. Scalpers are a scourge and I have no problem with Disney’s line here.

Fido Chuckwagon

I am missing that in this article, all I see is:
“To ensure somebody would use the tickets, I offered them for sale at face value,” Rich said.
I attached a screenshot of the relevant portion. There is literally a quote from Disneyland indicating that they sold it for more than face value, and then two paragraphs below that they write a full apology appearing to admit to it.

Attachments

• IMG_0336.png
    IMG_0336.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 50

Trauma

I attached a screenshot of the relevant portion. There is literally a quote from Disneyland indicating that they sold it for more than face value, and then two paragraphs below that they write a full apology appearing to admit to it.
You have a wild definition of scalpers.

You catch Covid and sell your tickets.

Scalper!

Trauma

Disneyland indicated they sold their tickets for more than face value. They could have called in and gotten a refund. They instead put it on eBay and turned a profit. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
It was a misunderstanding.

If they had a history of doing this then they are scalpers. Nothing in the story suggests that to be the case.

The general tone of posters defending the new DAS policy is “Don’t worry if something goes wrong Disney will err on the side of guest satisfaction”.

However here is a clear example of Disney enforcing rules on their website.

Another rule on the Disney website is tickets are non-refundable.

So you better pay CLOSE attention to the rules or win a “stupid prize”.

Like losing your money on park tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom