Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

UNCgolf

COP is one of the dumbest attractions on property though. Plus it breaks down so much. Zero percent chance we’re spending Disney money to ride COP Over and Over because it’s the only line we can manage 😂😂

I know nobody’s suggesting that *

By dumbest, you mean one of the best, right?

It's one of the only attractions I absolutely have to experience whenever I visit WDW.

peter11435

COP is one of the dumbest attractions on property though. Plus it breaks down so much. Zero percent chance we’re spending Disney money to ride COP Over and Over because it’s the only line we can manage 😂😂

I know nobody’s suggesting that *
I would never suggest anyone only ride COP. But calling it dumb and saying it breaks down so much is kinda ridiculous and false.

Happyday

We decided last trip that the next trip we take we’ll make time for the riverboat. It looks really relaxing. and the queue is nice and open. We love To Sawyers Island so when we have time in that section of the park we normally spend it there.
I know this is way down on this particular thread but has anyone noticed that some of these low wait rides are "you must be ambulatory" to experience. Some people are unable to enjoy Tom Sawyer Island, Swiss Family Tree house, People mover and Peter Pans fight. Okay I know the last one is not a low wait ride it just was on my list.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I know this is way down on this particular thread but has anyone noticed that some of these low wait rides are "you must be ambulatory" to experience. Some people are unable to enjoy Tom Sawyer Island, Swiss Family Tree house, People mover and Peter Pans fight. Okay I know the last one is not a low wait ride it just was on my list.

Ambulatory, yes. But you can be slow. I think that’s what we love the most about TSI, besides the benches and shade. You can be as slow as you need to and you aren’t in anybody’s way.

Although you added PP to the list and you cannot be slow on that, at least getting On and off.

Happyday

Ambulatory, yes. But you can be slow. I think that’s what we love the most about TSI, besides the benches and shade. You can be as slow as you need to and you aren’t in anybody’s way.

Although you added PP to the list and you cannot be slow on that, at least getting On and off.
I totally agree but unfortunately we travel with someone that is unable to get out of a wheelchair without help so even PP is a no go for us😕 that is a rider swap ride for us if we decide to ride. This individual would also benefit from TSI because of how relaxing it is but you learn to live with and adapt to your abilities.

peter11435

No the one time it repeated one room seven times. The second time we went on it it repeated the first room twice and the third room just stopped completely for about 7 minutes
Ah.. repeating rooms is actually not the attraction breaking down but rather guests not following instructions. If anyone exits the theater in the middle of the show it causes the rotation to be stopped for safety and guests repeat a scene.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ah.. repeating rooms is actually not the attraction breaking down but rather guests not following instructions. If anyone exits the theater in the middle of the show it causes the rotation to be stopped for safety and guests repeat a scene.

Man i wish i knew that then 😂 honestly we considered leaving the theater ourselves and now im glad i didn’t because the others would have had to go 8 times

Vegas Disney Fan

We never had a DAS but have been in Das groups, mainly in the last 10 years
It seems to me that when they switched to LL "out of GREED no other reason" the lines were moving and the DAS groups were few and didn't have a long wait , compared to what they can have now in the LL .
Having a DAS now means you will still be in the LL with some serious wait times.
The Excessive cost and lines in both LL and standby have driven people to take advantage of all the loopholes to get a DAS.
Their GREED has caused this change not more need for DAS just some people abusing the system because of the long waits.

The Red Herring in all this is saying there's plenty of other rides that you don't have as long of a wait when we all know this about getting the hard to get on rides with the expensive LL's, which has been our experience with a DAS group...
Genie+ has also created long lines that never existed before, using DCA as an example the Little Mermaid and Monsters rarely ever got over 15 minutes before, no need to use DAS for them, now that they have Genie they’re frequently over 30 minutes and the LL/DAS line is as long as the standby line. That’s 2 more DAS uses for every DAS guest that didn’t exist before.

Genie+ itself encourages abuse because there’s nothing with a short line to do between the long line rides.

peter11435

Man i wish i knew that then 😂 honestly we considered leaving the theater ourselves and now im glad i didn’t because the others would have had to go 8 times
Yeah, and that’s why it becomes a bigger problem. Once it happens once others are inclined to do the same which causes it to happen again and again and encourages more and more guests to exit.

peter11435

Personally, I thought the 2020/2021 version of WDW was ideal, other than the global pandemic part. No Genie, no Fastpass, no nothing. Everyone stands in the same line, it moves quickly. Of course, now that they have monetized it, there's no going back.
DAS still existed during that time period though… and it in many ways is what led to the current problem.

Trauma

I’m not dividing anyone - Disney has. Severity doesn’t factor into that. By not factoring severity for, say, developmental disabilities it avoids uncomfortable and inappropriate discussions. Frankly, it’s offensive, like people who discredit how severe a type of form of autism is, or those who weigh in on how debilitating a form of Down Syndrome may be. If it’s a developmental disability, I have no objection to DAS eligibility.

I’m confused by your “medical documentation showing they need DAS” suggestion. Is there a “I need DAS” form that the AMA or the AAP has promulgated? What I or you or anyone else feels is necessary is irrelevant. Only Disney gets to decide who, or what categories, suffice for DAS eligibility. “_____ needs it” is subjective and may not be reasonable under the law. If Disney chooses to make exceptions for various physical disabilities to the point their existing accommodations are insufficient, that’s on them.
Is there an I need DAS form?

A person with a severe disability goes to their primary care doctor and provides the information about what accommodations Disney is providing.

Primary care doctor, being intimately familiar with the disabled persons needs, determines those accommodations would not be sufficient for them to partake in the parks.

What Disney has decided, is irregardless of that fact, the guest will only receive what accommodations are available for their “group” of disability.

Just to be clear this is what you’re in favor of ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom