News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Touchdown

I’m having trouble squaring the notion that a Villains Land is too terrifying for children, but a Coco ride where you fly over the Land of the Dead / experience the Day of the Dead is somehow less frightening or terrifying.
Have you seen the movie? Do you not understand the Mexican traditions surrounding the holiday? The skeletons are just people who have died, they are just as scary/funny/nice as they were when they were alive. My 4 year old nephew loves that movie, which he names, “silly skeletons.”

britain

Maybe the most surprising decision at MK over the past two decades is the fact that Toy Story or Woody never got a permanent chunk of Frontierland. Is he also on a list now? Okay for future sequels but not park additions?

Sane minds were able to make the argument that Woody is all about 1950’s toy nostalgia, and not really about the 1800’s west.

celluloid

I’m having trouble squaring the notion that a Villains Land is too terrifying for children, but a Coco ride where you fly over the Land of the Dead / experience the Day of the Dead is somehow less frightening or terrifying.
That is certainly not an issue. Alien Encounter gets that excuse of why Disney closes it too, but it somehow was fine for nearly a decade without post opening tweaks to make less scary.

celluloid

Coco is a great movie - one of Pixar’s best. But I’m not entirely sure that it will excite that many people as a theme park land.
It certainly could give years ago up to now with ease

They will have to try a lot harder if they use it for something opening four or five years from now.

MouseEarsMom33

Coco is a great movie - one of Pixar’s best. But I’m not entirely sure that it will excite that many people as a theme park land.
I don't think it will be a Coco land. Just a ride. Tiana's Bayou Adventure and Country Bears could become New Orleans Square with Pecos Bill turning into Tiana's Palace. Then BTMRR and Coco are Fronterland. Disney needs something to go with BTMRR.

James Alucobond

I'm surprised there's not been a re-emergence of a Broadway-caliber theater in all these West MK expansion plans. Seems like a no-brainer for added capacity and quicker insertion of future "hot" IPs.
I know the original location fell through, but it still feels like it should be at the front of the park. Would Tomorrowland Terrace be feasible and provide enough space? I’d love to see that tackled alongside the Paris-style arcades @lazyboy97o mentioned a short while ago.

PREMiERdrum

I'm surprised there's not been a re-emergence of a Broadway-caliber theater in all these West MK expansion plans. Seems like a no-brainer for added capacity and quicker insertion of future "hot" IPs.
Extremely unfavorable view of the labor forecast for such an endeavor.

Small recap or review shows with a couple equity performers and a light tech load is the desired formula.

Indy is an outlier, and a necessary (albeit expensive) people eater in a park that desperately needs it.

aladdin2007

Extremely unfavorable view of the labor forecast for such an endeavor.

Small recap or review shows with a couple equity performers and a light tech load is the desired formula.

Indy is an outlier, and a necessary (albeit expensive) people eater in a park that desperately needs it.
I really miss things like that (well it was better than that even beyond just a couple performers) at the diamond horseshoe, maybe someday when they realize its a theme park again

MerlinTheGoat

Buzz Lightyear is probably the most disgusting ride at WDW, the amount of mold and water damage in there is horrifying. Almost puked when I looked up at the ceiling when the work lights came on once. I have to assume this building had a really bad roof leak or something many years ago. Something I assume they fixed, but they've seemingly never actually repaired any of the damage it caused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom