News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Ugh, I was hoping that banner wouldn't make it into the final product (it wasn't present on the WDW render)...
Was hoping it'd at least be revised to be more succinct. Somewhere between the bland, wordy banner and the bombastic veggy confetti fence there's a quality concept waiting to be realized. The exterior of this attraction definitely has a "too many cooks in the kitchen" vibe. All these individual additions don't quite meld together to create a unified design.

Oh well.

mickEblu

Was hoping it'd at least be revised to be more succinct. Somewhere between the bland, wordy banner and the bombastic veggy confetti fence there's a quality concept waiting to be realized. The exterior of this attraction definitely has a "too many cooks in the kitchen" vibe. All these individual additions don't quite meld together to create a unified design.

Oh well.

Well said.

When it comes to the interior I’m hoping the “too many cooks in the kitchen” thing won’t be too obvious. Not sure if these rumors of this last second change to the Laughin Place scenes are true but it’s starting to remind me of the movie Wish where it’s just so obvious there were too many cooks in the kitchen and a lack of a clear focused story or experience.

Tha Realest

The rumour is the story is about travelling around trying to get a band together consisting of many of the characters you see on the journey. The final scene would then comprise of them all together playing in a band. I have no idea whether that is true or not but certainly it sounds like a decent story line if that is the case.
Sorry The Blues Brothers has an exclusivity license with Universal

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
As suspected. Aiming for the lowest common denominator. Floridians Children.
This quote from a few weeks ago springs to mind
The storyline is the biggest criticism I've heard from people involved so far. Very much aimed at the younger crowd for sure. But then this is Magic Kingdom :)

celluloid

Magic Kingdom has always not been afraid to have the darker edge.

Pirates of the Caribbean was an intense dark theme and flume thrill ride for its time.
Haunted Mansion, while ghastly had plenty of macabre, particularly for the era and the scale.
Jungle Cruise even has the darkness of a temple with giant spiders and animal predators staring at you.
Splash Mountain had eyes and vultures, all in animated film fashion but the tone was there.
20K had a giant squid attack.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Adventures(scary adventures version too)
Space Mountain with complete coaster thrill in darkness and light effects to make it even more psychologically intense.
Thunder Mountain, Ancient burial ground, earthquakes, angered spirits and bats in the darkness.
Alien Encounter.
Tiki Room Thunderstorm
Faces in Tom Sawyer's Caverns
Frontierland Shooting Arcade's Boothill and ghost rider in the sky fly by.

This is all The Magic Kingdom. These mentioned were all on list of greats.

Iger's Magic Kingdom is fine thinking it should all become entirely what people thought it was when they asked you "Isn't Disney just for kids?" u long ago why you were going to The Magic Kingdom. A self-parody.

Last edited:

bmr1591

It'll be TRON & TBA as the top two contenders, with TRON ditching Virtual Queue before too long.

SDMT will end up like Slinky (on Genie+) with even crazier waits.

Tron will fall off ILL before 7DMT. Very different audiences, but 7D has a larger potential audience.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I enjoyed Splash's story but I don't think very many riders understood it so even a bad Bayou Adventure story will be an "improvement" for many, as sad as that is.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Speaking of little kids, is the big drop speed adjustable to slow out down a little to make "more approachable"? I hope it stays the same but in light of conversations questioning whether the drop is made to look smaller than it is, I'm just curious.

celluloid

Speaking of little kids, is the big drop speed adjustable to slow out down a little to make "more approachable"? I hope it stays the same but in light of conversations questioning whether the drop is made to look smaller than it is, I'm just curious.

No. It is just gravity. There is not enough flume that it could comfortably trim it.

MerlinTheGoat

It's probably possible to install brakes if they wanted to slow down the drop, but it's clear from testing that they haven't done that. Also probably wouldn't be nearly as easy to do that as it was with Space Mtn's trim brakes...

Bayou

Magic Kingdom has always not been afraid to have the darker edge.

Pirates of the Caribbean was an intense dark theme and flume thrill ride for its time.
Haunted Mansion, while ghastly had plenty of macabre, particularly for the era and the scale.
Jungle Cruise even has the darkness of a temple with giant spiders and animal predators staring at you.
Splash Mountain had eyes and vultures, all in animated film fashion but the tone was there.
20K had a giant squid attack.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Adventures(scary adventures version too)
Space Mountain with complete coaster thrill in darkness and light effects to make it even more psychologically intense.
Thunder Mountain, Ancient burial ground, earthquakes, angered spirits and bats in the darkness.
Alien Encounter.
Tiki Room Thunderstorm
Faces in Tom Sawyer's Caverns
Frontierland Shooting Arcade's Boothill and ghost rider in the sky fly by.

This is all The Magic Kingdom. These mentioned were all on list of greats.

Iger's Magic Kingdom is fine thinking it should all become entirely what people thought it was when they asked you "Isn't Disney just for kids?" u long ago why you were going to The Magic Kingdom. A self-parody.
It's just a banner. It's not that deep. In fact, the last attraction to debut in Magic kingdom was Tron!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom