News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Mickeynerd17

My only gripe is ditching dinosaurs entirely.

Maybe I'm the only one here who actually enjoyed DINOSAUR, but if we had to insert IP, couldn't there have been some way to keep dinosaurs in the park? Dinosaur has been my favorite in the park for years and I believe it was both highly underrated and much better than Indy. Disney always did dinosaurs better than Universal and to remove all the dinosaur animatronic rides is a major loss in my book.

That being said, I'm all for more attractions and sincerely hope this ties in to the overall park theme. The alternative will lead DAK into a similar fate as DHS and EPCOT.

Brer Panther

So, here's what the new thesis statement of Animal Kingdom is, I suppose...

Welcome to a kingdom of animals and humans… a kingdom ruled by lions, Na'vi, and the Family Madrigal; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, learn, and buy our merchandise.

Disney Analyst

Maybe I'm the only one here who actually enjoyed DINOSAUR, but if we had to insert IP, couldn't there have been some way to keep dinosaurs in the park? Dinosaur has been my favorite in the park for years and I believe it was both highly underrated and much better than Indy. Disney always did dinosaurs better than Universal and to remove all the dinosaur animatronic rides is a major loss in my book.

That being said, I'm all for more attractions and sincerely hope this ties in to the overall park theme. The alternative will lead DAK into a similar fate as DHS and EPCOT.

Given the premise of the most recent movie… could they not involve time travel or some sort of dinosaur moment in the new Indy version for the ride? Although I’m sure they want this to be younger Indy.

Heck. Even just an archaeology, dinosaur bones moment could be nice touch?

Sir_Cliff

I get the excitement. They finally going to be building new attractions. For my family the flashy rides don't do it for us. IMO their best dark rides were Horizons and World of Motion. Long draw out dark rides with lots of AAs with good story telling.
It's surprising you're such a fan of rides such as Horizons and World of Motion these days...

Maybe so but IMO I would take rides like the Hulk over anything Disney has. Then again I love roller coasters more then slow moving dark rides.
I never said it was for me. When my little gets a bit older I would take her. I do have interest in Disney but normally I travel the US visiting multiple theme parks and riding the new coasters. I would take any of the SeaWorld coasters over ROTR any day. I'm just not init to slow moving dark rides at Disney prices.
Cause what draws me most is the attraction not what IP is attached to it. I don't have an emotional attachment to any Disney IP. If I had to pick between a Disney dark ride and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. I would pick Dragster 10 out of 10 times. That physical rush of going 120 mph in 4 secs does more for me then a slow moving dark ride.
While the theming in some parts isn't on par with WDW, IMO they do a better job at balancing thrills with theming then WDW. I would love WDW to add more TOT type attractions and less Remy's. It's one thing I don't get is why so many prefer slow moving themed attractions over themed thrill rides like TOT and Expedition Everest.

It almost seems like you've learned that just posting Disney sucks compared to regional and rollercoaster based parks doesn't get much traction on here.

MistaDee

This is what I’m really hopeful for.

I can accept Encanto and Indy as tangentially related to nature (they’re both a stretch, but oh well) so long as there’s some sort of animal trail and exhibits included.

South America and the Amazon is insanely biodiverse and could include so many really neat animals not already at DAK as well as bring the anteaters from the Oasis over. Species like the beloved capybara, howler and/or spider monkeys, tons and tons of birds for a new aviary, jaguars, named wolves, Andean bears, there’s so much they could do with actual animals for, you know, ANIMAL Kingdom

100% agree - the Amazon Rainforest is perhaps the wildest place on earth and I would love to see some attention paid to the actual Tropical Americas.

I agree with those who've said the Indiana Jones attraction could make some magical dinosaur artifact be the MacGuffin - that'd be a nice way to keep the dinosaurs in the park.

Would also be a cool reason to keep the Boneyard

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom