News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In addition to those two, and what was mentioned, which was...
  • gorgeous new fountain and welcoming front entrance
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
  • Creations Shop
  • The lights on Spaceship Earth
  • Space 220 Restaurant
  • Connections Café & Eatery
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
  • Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana
  • Walt the Dreamer

There is also in addition to the above (not saying they're all winners...):
  • New Land movie
  • New Canada movie
  • BatB singalong
  • refreshed infrastructure for the entrance lot
  • New Japan restaurant
  • Coco attraction in Mexico lobby
  • refresh of Test Track (still to come)
  • Green side of M:S
  • the parkification of the hub
  • Duck Tales thing
In Memorium

1711109101993.png

1711109199312.png

1711109280860.png

1711109311598.png

And of course I can't leave out The Imagination Pavilion

1711109460701.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Personally I'm with you in that I'm just thankful that Disney finally made a major investment into the park after decades of stagnation.

But did they?
You're both right.

Yes they did spend money....after a decade and a half of not spending any money on EPCOT.

And in typical Disney fashion, they overpromised and under delivered with a lot, all at the same time throwing a lot of money away for mostly cosmetic and incremental improvments.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're both right.

Yes they did spend money....after a decade and a half of not spending any money on EPCOT.

And in typical Disney fashion, they overpromised and under delivered with a lot, all at the same time throwing a lot of money away for mostly cosmetic and incremental improvments.
I just see “major investment” as more than a dollar figure

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry? Investment is investment - the spending of money. Now good investment, that drives revenue..... Not even close
Pretty sure you answered your own question there

But before we get off the rails here - since this thread seems to be an impromptu meeting of the “council of elders”…

What I’m saying is they have not positioned the park better for the future than it was 25 years ago when this mess started. That is true investment

It’s still an underattended/underappealing park. There’s not enough to do so it’s kinda stuck. And the old issues are still there: stagnation in the country pavilions, wonders of life, imagination, spaceship earth all need a huge capital/construction injection.

They need a redo to fix the redo.

Tell me I’m wrong?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It’s still an underattended/underappealing park. There’s not enough to do so it’s kinda stuck. And the old issues are still there: stagnation in the country pavilions, wonders of life, imagination, spaceship earth all need a huge capital/construction injection.
With the exception of RAT and GOTG, there is nothing that was done to make EPCOT any more or less of a target destination for guests. It is not significantly more or less attended than it was prior to construction.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Pretty sure you answered your own question there
it was a statement, but again, we don't really disagree
But before we get off the rails here - since this thread seems to be an impromptu meeting of the “council of elders”…
👨‍🦳
What I’m saying is they have not positioned the park better for the future than it was 25 years ago when this mess started. That is true investment
Don't disagree at all here. At some point the HAVE to finally define the theme of this theme park. If its only going to be Festival world - then focus on festival things and walk away from the World Fair theme. If they want to keep the World Fair theme, then they need to add more country pavilions in World Showcase and update or replace some of the older attractions in the other side. But they won't, hell they won't even keep what they have working well.

They need a redo to fix the redo.
Yes, and this time a redo that actually redoes and improves
Tell me I’m wrong?
Not totally

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the exception of RAT and GOTG, there is nothing that was done to make EPCOT any more or less of a target destination for guests. It is not significantly more or less attended than it was prior to construction.

Its attendance has not grown in proportion as magic kingdom/wdw has

And it’s lost ground to DAK and MGM - by proportion

Should be a solid second based on its size and history

Vinnie Mac

I understand most of the criticisms people have about about the updates to Epcot but personally I love the park right now. Of course I wish PLAY! pavilion didn't fall through and i think things could have gone smoother but Epcot is very fun to be at right now. Certainly more fun that it was 5-7 years ago. Space 220, Cosmic Rewind, Remy, LSOU are the biggest highlights to me but I like the change in atmosphere at the park in general. Also excited for what's to come cause the Test Track 3.0 concept art looks promising and I feel like that SSE update is going to happen some day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom