News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

hokies37

Related to transportation and surveys, I just got back from a resort-only stay and received this question in between resort dining questions. @lentesta feel free to use it on the show if you’d like.

Attachments

• IMG_3368.png
    IMG_3368.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 200

BrianLo

I hope you are correct, though even so I'd question why does it need to wait for another year? Feels like groundbreaking could/should occur by the end of 2024 (especially for the former Primeval Whirl plot which is otherwise unused and backstage).

Likely required design time. If this project manifested the summer of 2023, it’s a pretty fast turnaround for Imagineering to get it ready to build. Encanto as a concept in Magic Kingdom really wasn’t much of anything in 2022. So we’re really looking at 18 months of design time. Max 30 if we’re being generous.

I’m purely guessing, Indy would be the one element they might be able to move a bit quicker on and have ready for 2027… or even late 2026 under extreme pressure. Akin to Tianas. Encanto wouldn’t be until 2028.

Now I still heard that Beyond Big Thunder was potentially first to be budgeted. Which speaks to maybe the more developed Moana became part of the plans. But then we have the competing rumors on DHS. 🤷‍♂️

ToTBellHop

Likely required design time. If this project manifested the summer of 2023, it’s a pretty fast turnaround for Imagineering to get it ready to build. Encanto as a concept in Magic Kingdom really wasn’t much of anything in 2022. So we’re really looking at 18 months of design time. Max 30 if we’re being generous.

I’m purely guessing, Indy would be the one element they might be able to move a bit quicker on and have ready for 2027… or even late 2026 under extreme pressure. Akin to Tianas. Encanto wouldn’t be until 2028.

Now I still heard that Beyond Big Thunder was potentially first to be budgeted. Which speaks to maybe the more developed Moana became part of the plans. But then we have the competing rumors on DHS. 🤷‍♂️
1710082600586.jpeg

SplashJacket

I’m honestly mostly content with Epcot at the moment.

SSE and Figment obviously need work, especially Figment, but in terms of expansions or additions, it could use an extra E-ticket or two, but it would just make a great park greater.

Definitely could use some more, but it needs it the least, imho.

I do think DAK needs love the most, its ride lineup is just so shallow (yet so elite), but if Animal Kingdom doubled its ride-lineup, it’s honestly a more-chill Epcot. I absolutely love Animal Kingdom, but I hardly visit it since I only ever find myself spending a few hours there at a time (whereas I can spend every weekend at Epcot).

I’m not sure if HWS or Magic needs more first. Both have severe capacity issues, but MK continues to lack a stellar modern headlining E-ticket. It’s embarrassing imho. It’s still a great park, but since so many people will only do one day at MK, it needs to represent the resort in a better way.

How is the park better for families with very young children since the 80s? I’m likely (and hopefully) something, but if you exclude all thrill rides or coasters, the only new dark ride is Ariel? They removed Snow White, so I guess they’ve added a few meet and greets and the Aladdin Spinner, but Magic needs a slate of a few new family dark rides. It basically needs its own Fantasy Springs.

Hollywood Studios probably needs more than Magic, but it’s mainly because it needs to replace existing ugly and add 2 complete lands. What’s there is great, but there’s hardly anything there. Difference with Animal Kingdom is there’s a lot of ugly, attendance is high, and capacity is low, so solution is multiple new lands, whereas Animal Kingdom can probably get away with almost exclusively new attractions (which means it would be cheaper to fix).

LittleBuford

Not me. Very likely because they're not gonna like what I got to say
The whole point of focus groups is to capture an honest snapshot of how people feel, including negative feedback. No company worth its salt would wilfully gather biased consumer research. (Whether the company then responds as it should to its findings is another matter.)

I'm just gonna put this here...

Yeah, It’s kinda confusing on why Disney didn’t build Beastly Kingdom earlier and Update Dinoland USA after the parks success, also with It’s tough to be a bug! Closing for the zootopia show, i think they should have put a bugs land from DCA over in animal to make sense with its themes to animals.

Still animal kingdom is a good park, EVEN if we don’t have Mythical creatures and prehistoric animals in it, but still, we’re finally getting South America representation in Disney world and Pandora is IP, it’s too cool with flight of passage and na’vi river journey to nitpick.

EPCOT-O.G.

another thread is speculating Rohde is coming back. I wonder if he’s on board with this reimagining of DAK (particularly the inclusion of Zootopia)

another thread is speculating Rohde is coming back. I wonder if he’s on board with this reimagining of DAK (particularly the inclusion of Zootopia)
Zootopia would be cool, rohde said that they try to keep the No Pants rule, and I don’t think the conservation station is being removed anytime soon because I think Disney would rather keep it in honor of animal safety And relocating it would be tricky…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom