News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm optimistic...

There won't be shovels. Imagineering was gutted and half of them quit/left during the Pandemic slow down/Lake Nona debacle.

Not even Bob can snap his fingers and undo that in a day. It's still going to be a while.
So Bob needs time to undo what he done for 20 years?

I feel like we’ve heard this before

The old “plan” is hurting them

Disstevefan1

Disney CEO Bob Iger says the company could build seven new full lands at its theme parks​

I could win lotto tomorrow too.
What a artist Iger is.
After he wins the proxy fight, it will continue to be business as usual at TWDC and that does NOT include seven new lands.

Maybe seven new DVCs
Maybe seven new “important” movies that lose money at the box office.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianLo

So Bob needs time to undo what he done for 20 years?

I feel like we’ve heard this before

The old “plan” is hurting them

I'm agreeing with you, there won't be anything happening. There structurally was not the imagineering to make things happen. It's just another barrier.

What I disagree with though is that the investment language is purely language for the street. If you'll recall the street actually reacted negatively to the SEC filing to spend the money. I don't think this announcement is purely being done to appease Wall Street.

Now one could make an argument it's simply to address Peltz? But that doesn't make much sense. There's plenty of what he suggests that they disagree with.

As for this 'announcement', it's so clearly a misspeak. He is just saying they have acreage to build 7 new parks. Which is true and somewhat irrelevant if they aren't building them.

DisneyDodo

I believe that Disney truly intends to invest more heavily in the parks in the coming years. However, I don’t have faith that those plans will actually come to fruition. All it takes is a recession or pandemic or rainstorm for them to throw their hands up and insist that they need to adjust their strategy to the new climate. Which is why I want them to start building now - before they change their minds.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm agreeing with you, there won't be anything happening. There structurally was not the imagineering to make things happen. It's just another barrier.

What I disagree with though is that the investment language is purely language for the street. If you'll recall the street actually reacted negatively to the SEC filing to spend the money. I don't think this announcement is purely being done to appease Wall Street.

Now one could make an argument it's simply to address Peltz? But that doesn't make much sense. There's plenty of what he suggests that they disagree with.

As for this 'announcement', it's so clearly a misspeak. He is just saying they have acreage to build 7 new parks. Which is true and somewhat irrelevant if they aren't building them.

They dipped after the speech yesterday

And that’s the problem for us (fans)

This whole Peltz thing has exposed that concept that Disney can be milked…something they were careful to block in the past

Iger hobnobbing with Tim Cook and saying they have unlimited earning power disrupts that completely…because every penny spent is a penny lost…

…evil Mike spun it as a way to make money

See the difference?

And yes…after fifteen years of warnings…I’m tired of being proven right 🤬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't see what Bob's plan is or if he even has one. Bob's only interest is to satisfy his ego and what is best for Bob. He doesn't give two sh--- about the park. It's easy to say we're gona do this-- time goes by nothing gets done and Bob comes up with another we're gona
Bob saw his profit margin go up for 10 years making a lot of promises without taking any risks

A lot…

That’s why he’s trapped in his own ego and can’t shake out of it.

He’s not a “gunslinger” and that’s kinda what they need

More aggressive will rebuild the confidence in their path forward. Because it looks like they’re out of ideas

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe that Disney truly intends to invest more heavily in the parks in the coming years. However, I don’t have faith that those plans will actually come to fruition. All it takes is a recession or pandemic or rainstorm for them to throw their hands up and insist that they need to adjust their strategy to the new climate. Which is why I want them to start building now - before they change their minds.
The other problem is the decisions they make…what they pick to do and how long it takes

Two years to take a major innings eater like splash offline and then you get…the same…in the end…

That’s not wise…it’s a shell game

Indy_UK

Under what criteria do you believe they deserve more? I believe they deserve nothing more than Orlando, which attracts vast more higher spend international travellers, along with the accompanying hotel, food, etc

Where its Walt originals park, I was kind of hoping they may have shown a bit more care on how they use the limited land they have there rather than plopping clones in which Pandora could well be.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't see what Bob's plan is or if he even has one. Bob's only interest is to satisfy his ego and what is best for Bob. He doesn't give two sh--- about the park. It's easy to say we're gona do this-- time goes by nothing gets done and Bob comes up with another we're gona
Bob has a plan!! We need to give him time to fully execute it. 18+ years hasn't been enough, we have to give him at least another decade or more.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob saw his profit margin go up for 10 years making a lot of promises without taking any risks

A lot…

That’s why he’s trapped in his own ego and can’t shake out of it.

He’s not a “gunslinger” and that’s kinda what they need

More aggressive will rebuild the confidence in their path forward. Because it looks like they’re out of ideas

Well, they can just have Disney AI+© dig out some ideas from the Glendale archives. Everything will be great!

Maybe they can build more DVC towers, that will fix a lot of problems.... won't it?

I still cannot believe how he pulled the wool over Roy's eyes all those years ago. Slick Bobby, indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom