News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

Lilofan

Just imagine standing in line and watching your meal INCREASE in price as you wait…think fights and lawsuits were bad over a slice of cheese or a loose coffee lid??
Just wait…there’s a whole group taking the bar in the spring just SALIVATING over this…
Sue for pain and suffering over a price increase ?

Smiley/OCD

Sue for pain and suffering over a price increase ?
No, somebody enters the line and their meal is on the menu board for 8.99 and while they’re standing there, it shoots up to 9.49…you don’t think someone’s going to file a lawsuit?? I’m not saying they’ll be successful but they’ll certainly try…

Andrew25

I'm no legal expert, but as long as no transaction was made and/or quote, they can inflate prices as much as they can while you wait in line. I'm sure it's as easy as placing a simple sign somewhere stating when and how much prices raise.

I don't think the parks would do such a thing, the system is already designed to spread demand over time instead of everyone showing up within the same time window, which is essentially the main point of this.

bmr1591

Interestingly, I got an AP survey today asking all about value and such. Not sure if anyone else received it, but the questions near the end were outdated, asking if I'd participated in magnet pickups from 2021 and 2022.

Laketravis

Interestingly, I got an AP survey today asking all about value and such. Not sure if anyone else received it, but the questions near the end were outdated, asking if I'd participated in magnet pickups from 2021 and 2022.

I got it in January after we upgraded our park passes to AP's in December.

Laketravis

I did read an interesting article about Disney pricing utilizing AI:

Interesting. Coincides with the current practice of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Use "XYZ" technology to optimize this, maximize yield on that, reduce costs on those, increase profits overall, etc.

The problem is, and this isn't just Disney, but from my own personal observations over the last several years business both large and small are focused on themselves. The days of customer-centric and KPI metric driven improvements are long gone - customer satisfaction is an afterthought. In fact, it's not even addressed until it turns sour.

The proposals in that article are a prime example.

PREMiERdrum

But the book is good. Dave did a tremendous amount of good work with adoption/foster services.
Wendy's was founded here and their corporate HQ is still just a short drive from my house. It was neat to see him out and about... he owned a tiny island on the lake closest to us, and we'd see him and his family frequently while boating. My high school girlfriend actually won their contest to serve as "Wendy" for a year, donning the blue and white striped jumper, red yarn wig, and painted-on freckles to visit hospitals, and other childrens' facilities. Before you ask, yes she got to take the outfit home with her.

Maybe its the proximity, but at least here Wendy's is still a little better than other fast food. Their burger patties are especially great, and they're the only chain using whole fat mayonnaise. Terrible for you, but good times.

In any event.... they were *quick* to walk back the dynamic pricing suggestion, which means at least some corporations are able to see the forest through the trees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom