News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
That’s interesting. They need 30 done by opening day so that DVC members get a new cabin when they book. How many cabins are in each loop?

I read it was batches of around 6-10 cabins being swapped in and connected to utilities, taking around 18 months to swap them all out. You’re saying half the time. Not that I heard from official sources so maybe someone had just got their timeline mixed up.
Loops vary wildly from 30 to 75ish cabins. It's a hunch but I'd bet on loop 2500 first because it's small (about 33 cabins), near the pool, and across from the bus stop. I'd guess they'll knock them out smallest to largest from there, so then 2300, 2200, etc clockwise. The smaller the faster it can be put online.

What time period is the 6-10? If it's average per week then 8 per week would take about 51 weeks to do all.

nickys

Premium Member
Loops vary wildly from 30 to 75ish cabins. It's a hunch but I'd bet on loop 2500 first because it's small (about 33 cabins), near the pool, and across from the bus stop. I'd guess they'll knock them out smallest to largest from there, so then 2300, 2200, etc clockwise. The smaller the faster it can be put online.

What time period is the 6-10? If it's average per week then 8 per week would take about 51 weeks to do all.
I don’t think it was specified. Just that the cabins would be installed and then the decking and utilities would be done for the whole batch once they were all in.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The "trust" thing is complete nonsense that the Kriegers and DISboards are hyping up for clicks (or maybe they honestly don't know any different).

Disney had to make the trust for the cabins because they can't sell a deeded real estate interest because the cabins aren't "real estate" in a legal sense.

That's it. There's no new "product" that's going to give people home resort privileges at multiple properties.
👏👏👏👏👏

No new product has been announced.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
On high dues.

Screenshot_20240201_131919_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240201_132101_Drive.jpg

High dues are, as I think discussed before, due to some fixed cost areas that are not spread as thin because of the lower point charts. Pretty much everything is up but housekeeping, transportation, and capital reserves budget are big drivers. To a lesser extent also admin and front desk fees, member activities costs, and management fees.

ETA: long term it might improve if Reflections is revived and lumped with the cabins. The more point hungry resort would absorb much of the blow.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
They have 76 vacation homes in the assessment. Is that the number they expect to install this year?
From the POS: "The 2024 estimated Budgets are annual budgets based upon 76 Vacation Homes in The Cabins Resort Use Plan being open for a full year in 2024 for the purpose of calculating annual assessments. Because it is estimated that The Cabins Resort Use Plan will only be open less than 12 months during 2024, assessments for 2024 will be prorated."

Trying to figure out what that means. 🤔 None are open for a full year as far as we know. Unless they open with 74 and open more than half the year counts as a full year (July 1 to December 31 has more days than January 1 to June 30).

nickys

Premium Member
Could they mean that if 76 are open for a full year, then that means 152 cabins will be open for 6 months ie: by July 1st?

But that’s very ambitious. 🤔

In fact that’s pretty much impossible. So maybe it’s just a number!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Could they mean that if 76 are open for a full year, then that means 152 cabins will be open for 6 months ie: by July 1st?

But that’s very ambitious. 🤔

In fact that’s pretty much impossible. So maybe it’s just a number!
Maybe. Let's extend it a little bit, something like:
80 open 6 months, 80*.5=40

Then a pace of about 36/month to open 72 each 9/1 and 11/1 (at this pace, 9*36=324, about the balance of remaining rooms after first 80, and 9 months after July 1 would be target April 2025 completion)

72 open 4 months, 72*1/3=24
72 open 2 months, 72*1/6=12

40+24+12 = 76

monorail81

Sounds petty but if that bathroom was located between the 2 sleeping areas, I would have been tempted to join up.
You mean like how the current cabins are setup? It does seem odd they decided to put the bathroom across the cabin from the main bedroom. I don’t really want to traipse through the living area and the kitchen if I’m in the main bedroom. Not a fan.

SteveAZee

You mean like how the current cabins are setup? It does seem odd they decided to put the bathroom across the cabin from the main bedroom. I don’t really want to traipse through the living area and the kitchen if I’m in the main bedroom. Not a fan.
Probably looked good on paper... keeping all the plumbing at one end and all together. Cheaper.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced additional reservation dates via the Disney Parks Blog:

Here are some key dates to keep in mind to book one of the brand-new Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness.
  • March 19 – Disney Vacation Club members can begin to make rental reservations online or by contacting Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
  • March 20 – Walt Disney World Annual Passholder can start booking rental reservations by contacting (407) 934-7639.
  • March 21 – All guests can make reservations online or by contacting (407) 934-7639.
Here a link to the updated post.

nickys

Premium Member
Disney has announced additional reservation dates via the Disney Parks Blog:

Here are some key dates to keep in mind to book one of the brand-new Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness.
  • March 19 – Disney Vacation Club members can begin to make rental reservations online or by contacting Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
  • March 20 – Walt Disney World Annual Passholder can start booking rental reservations by contacting (407) 934-7639.
  • March 21 – All guests can make reservations online or by contacting (407) 934-7639.
Here a link to the updated post.

So I’m confused as to what’s happening here.

Obviously the “DVC Cabins” are the new ones, of which one loop is opening in July. We also know 30 have been declared into DVD as of that date.

But if they are also opening up reservations for the new cabins on these dates, that surely suggests they must have more than 30 ready by July. Disney can only take availability from the DVC inventory within 60 days of check-in - so-called “breakage”.

Have reservations for the Cabins been suspended now? Or are the old style cabins still available to book online etc?

JaxFLBear

So I’m confused as to what’s happening here.

Obviously the “DVC Cabins” are the new ones, of which one loop is opening in July. We also know 30 have been declared into DVD as of that date.

But if they are also opening up reservations for the new cabins on these dates, that surely suggests they must have more than 30 ready by July. Disney can only take availability from the DVC inventory within 60 days of check-in - so-called “breakage”.

Have reservations for the Cabins been suspended now? Or are the old style cabins still available to book online etc?
Those new March dates are for cash reservations (likely developer inventory).
From a new FB post by DVC:
1707510215065.png

nickys

Premium Member
To add, I know Disney can anticipate breakage. Pp
Those new March dates are for cash reservations (likely developer inventory).
From a new FB post by DVC:
View attachment 767597
I get that part.

But normally at opening they have undeclared inventory to sell as cash reservations. Here it seems that they are only opening the 30 declared DVC cabins. So any cash bookings are being taken in advance of the normal breakage period.

Is it usual for them to take developer inventory out of the initial declared inventory? I would have thought not because they have all the undeclared inventory to use. Leaving all declared inventory for DVC bookings.

JaxFLBear

Is it usual for them to take developer inventory out of the initial declared inventory? I would have thought not because they have all the undeclared inventory to use. Leaving all declared inventory for DVC bookings.
Developer inventory is the same as undeclared inventory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom