Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

gerarar

Premium Member
"elements" in the plural? What's shut off besides the cannons?
The ceiling vent in final Kylo AA has been shut off/broken since early 2021. It's suppose to "fall" when the hull of the ship depressurizes. I consider this effect somewhat major.
One of three light spinners (that replicates blasters coming from stormtroopers) in AT-AT room has been broken for a while. Same goes for the red light tips on the blasters next to Finn AA. On Track B/side AT-AT, some of the tube lights in the ceiling that flash red when the stormtroopers inside the AT-AT shoot at you are broken. These are somewhat minor, but would be nice to be fixed.

Also been noticing more and more audio queues are being missed as the months/years go by. Like the alarms that get raised by Gen. Hux at the bridge. Post-fall dialogue from Finn and Resistance after the escape pods, etc.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Apart from the Moana theme, which only becomes blatant at the end, it felt pretty Epcot-y to me: interactive and (ostensibly) educational.
You take out the Te Fiti photo op and it feels like a perfect Innoventions exhibit just outdoors. The Moana theme is WAY more subtle than expected and the edutainment/epcot vibes are less subtle than expected.

Epcot82Guy

I agree. JoW has a little bit of unnecessary Moana, but more in the vein of Regal Eagle. It's more unnecessary than forced. I do wish it leaned a little more modern to blend into that side of Epcot, but it's good. The main issue continues to be its placement IMHO. If it was shifted into World Nature, leaving room for something in World Celebration in that area (physically), it would be a great addition that strikes a good balance between Epcot and IPcot (with emphasis on ADDITION not replacement).

disneyC97

I noticed a pic from someone on social showing a beautiful night shot towards Spaceship Earth from this attraction with palm trees in silhouette…great excuse to bring them back to the entry flanks of SE and remove the perpetually half-dead looking trees there now. 🙂

DonniePeverley

When you take into account the sheer volume of time it took to make, the reported cost of this :

This is absolutely terrible.

It does not belong in Epcot. Never ever.

Whoever greenlit this deserves to never ever be involved in a Disney project again. Quite frankly i'd put this absurdity as one of the worst value additions to any Disney park.

A sheer utter waste.

Disstevefan1

When you take into account the sheer volume of time it took to make, the reported cost of this :

Whoever greenlit this deserves to never ever be involved in a Disney project again. Quite frankly i'd put this absurdity as one of the worst value additions to any Disney park.

A sheer utter waste.
T r O p H y 👍

J4546

A sheer utter waste.
sorry you feel this way, most people seem to really enjoy it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

A sheer utter waste.
What did you think of it when you saw it in person?

Bocabear

but now seriously when they take literally years and hundreds of millions of dollars to build a new attraction do you think "Cute" is the response they were going for? "they raved about it saying it was "pleasant"...lol

Disstevefan1

but now seriously when they take literally years and hundreds of millions of dollars to build a new attraction do you think "Cute" is the response they were going for? "they raved about it saying it was "pleasant"...lol
TWDC spends hundreds of millions on movies that are legit BAD and that was not their intent either.

The good thing about a bad movie, after the damage is done, you can forget about it.

A bad attraction will be around for a long, long time.

Horizon1

It's a walkthrough edutainment attraction about the cycle of water, in front of the seas pavilion, I think it's a great fit, but I still haven't seen it in person, planning on a trip back to FL when the communicore plaza is open!

I think it would have been a better fit at AK instead of randomly placed at Epcot.

It‘s a cool walkthrough but just feels out of place. I know world of nature etc but I just think a better fit would have been AK

Centauri Space Station

A sheer utter waste.
Absolutely incorrect it builds on Epcots original edutainment purposes and adds a fun aspect for all ages. It is the most Epcot fitting addition in ages

osian

Absolutely incorrect it builds on Epcots original edutainment purposes and adds a fun aspect for all ages. It is the most Epcot fitting addition in ages

"Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all. May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and, above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man’s ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere."

Not quite sure how it showcases human achievements, industry and shaping the world of the future but there you go. "Edutainment" was never the aim, the end goal. It was a way in which the aim can be achieved, which is to celebrate human achievements, enterprise, shaping the world etc. EPCOT isn't the "edutainment" park, as if there can only be one and that's where edutainment lives, Disney has always done it through edutainment. Animal Kingdom also does things through edutainment, and given the subject matter, the theme and the execution, that's probably where Journey of Water should have gone, if not Magic Kingdom.

Yes, EPCOT is changing. No official word on into exactly what, but trying to claim that JoW fits in with EPCOT's original vision is misplaced.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom