WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

Hockey89

Korean beef at Yak n Yeti. This was really good. It did have a kick, but it didn't burn my face off. The basmati rice really helped with the heat. (They also offer fried rice with this.) I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to spicy food, so this was pretty close to my tolerance level, but I think for most people, it would be fine. I really enjoyed it.

View attachment 753088
I had this two weeks ago. It really is good....

coachwnh

IMG_7759.jpeg
IMG_7782.jpeg
IMG_6728.jpeg
IMG_1330.jpeg
IMG_7793.jpeg
IMG_6737.jpeg

Pork, chicken, and gnocchi followed by dessert from Story Book Dining at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge.

This was our (Maddy and I) second time dining here, Crystal's first. Excellent both times.

Phonedave

Haha. There are actually 3, but I get it. Not much different than a cocktail app at a good seafood restaurant. We were in Disney as a family over Thanksgiving. We wanted to sample around the world.

I would hazard to say you get more shrimp for a $14 cocktail at a seafood restaurant. More and larger. Not to mention that I am also getting waiter service, a table, etc. Disney is really getting out of control with the food prices at the kiosks.

I paid $6.99 / lb for unpeeled raw 21/25's for Christmas at a restaurant supply. Granted they were not local and previously frozen, but then NJ does not exactly have a huge shrimping industry. Processed out, that is about a 26/30 size, which is what I hazard to guess WDW was serving (Jumbo shrimp).

So I got them for about 35 cents each. And I am sure Disney buys less than the 3 lb minimum that I do. All in, the food cost on that plate is under $1.50. What overhead do they have where they have to charge $14 to cover it and make a profit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom