News Target coming to Walt Disney World and Disney Store shop-in-shop coming to Target stores

arich35

I love how people think messy Disney sections at Target is Disney's fault. Targets are going downhill, at least where I am at. Can't keep things clean or stocked

castlecake2.0

I love how people think messy Disney sections at Target is Disney's fault. Targets are going downhill, at least where I am at. Can't keep things clean or stocked
It is Disney’s fault as they are trusting Target with its brand. This isn’t just the regular toy section, this is “Disney Store at Target”, and is supposed to be the replacement for stand alone stores, and it’s failed miserably.

hopemax

And in other vendor/retail relationships, the vendor verifies the retailer is upholding their end of the arrangement. Even at WDW, vendor reps would come in on a regular basis to make sure things were going smooth. Non-Disney. but family member had a job visiting grocery stores to make sure his company's products were correctly shelved, priced, stocked, etc.

celluloid

Its a bad look in my opinion-

JCPenney has a small Disney area too,its always a complete mess....
They all become like the Walmart's of Central Florida. A bunch of random fab five plastered around and a few gems that not many actually want. This is going to end up more like that but with a quasi Toys R Us section concept where the Disney Toys you find in the toy aisle will have their own prominent section too. A shame that it is a replacement for the Disney Stores as a brand enhancer.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

And in other vendor/retail relationships, the vendor verifies the retailer is upholding their end of the arrangement. Even at WDW, vendor reps would come in on a regular basis to make sure things were going smooth. Non-Disney. but family member had a job visiting grocery stores to make sure his company's products were correctly shelved, priced, stocked, etc.
I did that for a couple of years. All the H&B sections in Market Baskets in my general vicinity.

gerarar

Premium Member
I kinda thought/assumed Disney employees/CMs would handle these mini-stores — aka keep them neat, stocked weekly, etc. Kinda similar to how Hallmark does their partnership with Walmart. Their employees physically go to the stores to restock, reorganize, etc on a time by time basis and Walmart associates usually have no part in it. For some reason this always stood out to me and loved seeing them work in the card-section aisle anytime I went to Walmart.

drizgirl

I kinda thought/assumed Disney employees/CMs would handle these mini-stores — aka keep them neat, stocked weekly, etc. Kinda similar to how Hallmark does their partnership with Walmart. Their employees physically go to the stores to restock, reorganize, etc on a time by time basis and Walmart associates usually have no part in it. For some reason this always stood out to me and loved seeing them work in the card-section aisle anytime I went to Walmart.
That sounds way too labor intensive for today's Disney.

Brian

It is Disney’s fault as they are trusting Target with its brand. This isn’t just the regular toy section, this is “Disney Store at Target”, and is supposed to be the replacement for stand alone stores, and it’s failed miserably.
I remember hearing a story about how Steve Jobs talked Iger into buying back Disney's retail stores from The Children's Place because that's the only way you could have proper control over your brand.

He was right. They've now made the same mistake twice.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I remember hearing a story about how Steve Jobs talked Iger into buying back Disney's retail stores from The Children's Place because that's the only way you could have proper control over your brand.

He was right. They've now made the same mistake twice.
Eh. They have been selling disney product in other stores for years. Now it’s just their official stuff rather than licensed. It’s over. Time to kick off the many stages of grief if you haven’t started.

ppete1975

Was looking for a thread for the Disney Store closures weeks ago when it happened, but here’s some sad TikToks of CMs closing up shop for the last time.. :(

The one near me at my local mall just renovated like 3-4ish years ago, so it’s mind boggling to see it close. It’s always crowded too, so I would imagine it wasn’t one that had limited sales/profit.

1634690667297.jpeg

Communicora

Premium Member
thats the part they dont get, when they were new you could do dvc, your could schedule your next trip, they even had the limited art. They need to go big, the stores should be advertising for them. Come in and take pics, let your kids play, get some pixie dust all over you.. while youre here buy something. Oh and since your feaming for your next or first trip, we can schedule that vacation right now... or have you heard of dvc....

Yes, they could have reduced the number of stores and then gone the experiential retail route. They could have been a showcase for Disney+ and the parks, as well as a place to buy nicer Disney art and merch.

Let's not pretend that the stores weren't already going downhill well before this Target deal happened.

ppete1975

Yes, they could have reduced the number of stores and then gone the experiential retail route. They could have been a showcase for Disney+ and the parks, as well as a place to buy nicer Disney art and merch.

Let's not pretend that the stores weren't already going downhill well before this Target deal happened.
Totally, they had already been trying to remove the disney stores and go the outlet bland no theming route for years. I just think with social media and collecting at such an unprecedented popularity they should be doing what they tried originally but plussed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom