The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

JohnD

Operating hours extended at Walt Disney World theme parks for the October 1 start of the 50th-anniversary celebration​

With Epcot moving to 9am, presumably FW will open at 9am and WS at 11am (along with the festival) as prior-pandemic. I believe WS still opens at 11am now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Does Early Entry start on Oct 1 and continue for the foreseeable future? Is HS included? Thanks.

Yes -

"Starting October 1, 2021 as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to any Walt Disney World theme park, every day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day!"

ToTBellHop

Looks like someone hung their homemade quilt.

And it's yet another item that isn't WDW specific.

I don't understand how so much of the 50th stuff can be so lackluster. It's just comically bad.
Good grief. They are freakin Cinderella paintings in front of Cinderella Castle. How dare they hang Cinderella tapestries by her Castle!

I hope all the whiners here stay at home the next 18 months. Is everything perfect? No. Neither was the Castle Cake from the WDW golden age.

The response to the 50th is comically toxic around here. Everything is awful, apparently.

I actually like these. Now I will go dine on Chef Boyardee.

hpyhnt 1000

Good grief. They are freakin Cinderella paintings in front of Cinderella Castle. How dare they hang Cinderella tapestries by her Castle!

I hope all the whiners here stay at home the next 18 months. Is everything perfect? No. Neither was the Castle Cake from the WDW golden age.

The response to the 50th is comically toxic around here. Everything is awful, apparently.

I actually like these. Now I will go dine on Chef Boyardee.
And that's fine. I just don't think they look all that nice, and I love me some Mary Blair as much as the next person, but we're celebrating WDW's 50th, not Cinderella's. If those banners had concept art of the Magic Kingdom from the '60s, that would make a lot more sense in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but compared to other parks's milestone celebrations, I find a lot of this disappointing. And I don't think it's unreasonable to think a 50 anniversary celebration should be about the thing that's 50 years old.

ToTBellHop

And that's fine. I just don't think they look all that nice, and I love me some Mary Blair as much as the next person, but we're celebrating WDW's 50th, not Cinderella's. If those banners had concept art of the Magic Kingdom from the '60s, that would make a lot more sense in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but compared to other parks's milestone celebrations, I find a lot of this disappointing. And I don't think it's unreasonable to think a 50 anniversary celebration should be about the thing that's 50 years old.
What did the giant pink birthday cake have do with WDW?

James Alucobond

Because cake is a very common thing at milestone events...? How does a giant birthday cake NOT fit into a 25th birthday celebration for WDW?
The castle cake was more ambitious, but there’s nothing inherently more celebratory about cake when compared to other festive decor like the banners, pennants, gilding, and bunting we’re getting. The cake also has literally nothing more to do with WDW’s history than the 50th medallion.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Stay tuned for Season 2 of "Disney's 50th Chopped". Is the 50th cake grand enough? Will the fondant be sweet enough? What will the proper colors be? Will the cake stand adequately support the cake for Disney's great 50th Anniversary without appearing unsightly? How will the "judges" review the offerings? Watch the next episode to see what or who gets "CHOPPED". Oh wait, maybe we should just have a Throw Down with the Swedish Chef vs. Remy!' 😄

ToTBellHop

Stay tuned for Season 2 of "Disney's 50th Chopped". Is the 50th cake grand enough? Will the fondant be sweet enough? What will the proper colors be? Will the cake stand adequately support the cake for Disney's great 50th Anniversary without appearing unsightly? How will the "judges" review the offerings? Watch the next episode to see what or who gets "CHOPPED". Oh wait, maybe we should just have a Throw Down with the Swedish Chef vs. Remy!' 😄
1631899363226.jpeg

1631899412942.jpeg

hpyhnt 1000

Cake has nothing to do with WDW. It is something used for birthdays.

So are banners.

And for 50th birthdays and anniversaries, we make everything gold. At least these banners aren’t from Dollar Tree.
I don't know, have you seen how many special edition cupcakes Disney has put out? It is a running joke on here after all! ;)

I'm with you on the gold, actually, and wonder how the castle would have looked in a white/blue/gold ribbon scheme vs. the pink/blue/"earidescent" ribbon we currently have.

The castle cake was more ambitious, but there’s nothing inherently more celebratory about cake when compared to other festive decor like the banners, pennants, gilding, and bunting we’re getting. The cake also has literally nothing more to do with WDW’s history than the 50th medallion.
Funnily enough, you could argue it's now become part of the resort's history because it was so... memorable and opinions are still so strong about it.

At any rate, a big birthday cake for a birthday celebration made a lot of sense to me, even if the execution quickly fell apart when you weren't looking straight down Main Street. But it was bold, fun, and certainly signaled, "Hey, something special is going on."

Also, I'm ALL for decorating the castle (and other park icons) for these milestone events - have at it in my book! It's the Mary Blair specific banners that don't quite fit to me. As I said earlier, why not put MK or WDW concept art on them since it's WDW's 50th anniversary? The other banner with a simple 50 on it works.

dreday3

How is celebrating Cinderella/Cinderella's castle not a part of the 50th? The castle is the one of the most memorable icons there is of Magic Kingdom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom