News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

EricsBiscuit

So, whatever “wow” these would have at night, it will already be diminished by showing a lame example of what they can do during the day??!! The only think the fountains have going for them really is darkness and the lighting, so yeah… let’s “show em off” without that. So. Disappointed.
They could just be testing it. I saw they had DMX lighting going on too and the lights were sparkling on AA Pavilion.

Brenthodge

Right, but i am talking the “daytime” version, although it sounds like that might have been scrapped by now. I thought the poster was showing off the new “day spectacular”.

SteveAZee

hpyhnt 1000

Had to be a show test as there's no way they would have that much complexity for a daytime mode. Plus, that much water falling onto the barges seems like a good way to accelerate wear and tear.

One thing I found interesting with the daytime mode was how nearly all the fountain heads were positioned to keep water OFF the rigs and away from the lights, rotating arms, and LED screens. It's like they know constantly dousing the equipment with who-knows-what lagoon water is a bad idea, and I wonder if testing revealed more "issues" with this than initially thought.

WDI once again proves they don't know how water works:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Had to be a show test as there's no way they would have that much complexity for a daytime mode. Plus, that much water falling onto the barges seems like a good way to accelerate wear and tear.

One thing I found interesting with the daytime mode was how nearly all the fountain heads were positioned to keep water OFF the rigs and away from the lights, rotating arms, and LED screens. It's like they know constantly dousing the equipment with who-knows-what lagoon water is a bad idea, and I wonder if testing revealed more "issues" with this than initially thought.

Even if they point the nozzles away from the barges and equipment, there’s an X factor that WDI wasn't able to take into consideration. It’s a brand new phenomenon that’s only recently been discovered. It’s been dubbed - “Wind”. Apparently it could cause the water sprayed into the air to MAGICALLY be moved by invisible forces back onto the equipment. Only time will tell if WDI can use some of their incredible ingenuity, creativeness, and resourcefulness used at Creations Shop and the Kiester Keister Coaster to overcome this heretofore unknown force of nature.

TrojanUSC

This was GLARING through the window last night. This the Stargate or SSE?

D3BBC2FE-C65A-4AB6-BC64-B2B921AC5457.jpeg

TTA94

Disappointing yet not surprising there has been issues they discovered. Makes me wonder what version we will be getting compared to the original plan.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Dinner packages for Harmonious announced -

Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package
Starts Oct. 1; Reservations available beginning Sept. 23

Adult: $89 per person (ages 10 and up), inclusive of tax and gratuity
Child: $39 per child (ages 3 to 9), inclusive of tax and gratuity

Details here -

Spice Road Table Dining Package

Adult: $72 per person (ages 10 and up), inclusive of tax and gratuity
Child: $31 per child (ages 3 to 9), inclusive of tax and gratuity

Details here -

Communicora

Premium Member

Details here -

Details here -

Yikes. Spice Road is not worth that. Haven't been to Rose & Crown so I can't speak to its value.

pdude81

Details here -

Details here -

I love Rose and Crown, but IIRC that is a garbage spot to look at the stargate screen. Then again I just assume that is important for a good experience.

hpyhnt 1000

Yikes. Spice Road is not worth that. Haven't been to Rose & Crown so I can't speak to its value.
I mean, none of these dining or dessert packages is "worth it" from a food/drink standpoint. You're really paying for the convenience of a relatively stress free and uncrowded fireworks view, and I can understand how there is perceived value in that.

Rose and Crown will have a pretty lousy view for Harm because you won't be able to see the Stargate screen. Spice Road might be better for viewing the Stargate, but I think the islands obstruct the overall view, plus you miss out on most of the pavilion effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom