Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Prudence

Most states are activating a online version and used on an official app. So this would help with having to carry them.
Oh, thank goodness, because I can 9 million percent seeing mine getting lost or damaged if I did have to carry it around. I don't think California has done this yet, though.

TP2000

No. But Amazon is selling a handy dandy plastic passport AND Covid card holder … just in case one is planning to leave the Country!

Wait, are you kidding? I'm laughing because that's exactly where my CDC card is located in a locked drawer; inside my US Passport. That passport case is the only thing sized correctly to hold that CDC card, so I just slotted it in back of my passport.

I already own a leather passport case, and the CDC card automatically fits in it, so I won't be buying a new one on Amazon. 😁

On another note…I’d have to disagree with you regarding La Jolla being free and easy on the Covid front. They may not ask for your vaccine card and sure, they seem friendly enough but they love their masks and wear them with pride, even outdoors!! Head to Bird Rock and look around! ;)

I've never said I haven't seen kids wearing masks in La Jolla (they are generally younger folks for some reason). But that I go into restaurants, shops, groceries, or the Marine Room regularly without a mask and join many others who are maskless. Everyone here remains very friendly to my maskless face. It's a fun town. :)

And no one has ever asked to see my CDC card, in any city or county I have been to in the last six months.

Dear Prudence

I have never stopped wearing my masks since this whole thing started, and I am an essential worker. I wear mine (multiple) for hours at a time. I don't understand why people go to Def Con 4 over the slight inconvenience of wearing one. I have no issues with the mask mandates (as I do not trust others, even those who are/ claim to be vaccinated). Even if they changed the parks to proof of vaccination only, I'd still wear mine almost the entire time.

drizgirl

I have never stopped wearing my masks since this whole thing started, and I am an essential worker. I wear mine (multiple) for hours at a time. I don't understand why people go to Def Con 4 over the slight inconvenience of wearing one. I have no issues with the mask mandates (as I do not trust others, even those who are/ claim to be vaccinated). Even if they changed the parks to proof of vaccination only, I'd still wear mine almost the entire time.
Congratulations.

TP2000

I couldn't do this update at the usual 4PM Friday time because I was in traffic on The 5 (sorry non-Californians) driving back up to OC for a quick trip home to vote in the Recall Election at my local voting center tomorrow morning. Then I'm right back down to the cooler weather down in San Diego for at least another month.

But here's the update on Vaccination rates for OC, and Covid in SoCal in general. As we've seen the last few weeks, Covid cases continue to decline and hospitalizations are also declining.

Don't worry, all of this information and hard data is from the California Department of Public Health, so it can't be classified as "misinformation". ;)

State of California = 56% Fully Vaccinated

San Diego County = 62% Fully Vaccinated
Orange County = 60% Fully Vaccinated
Ventura County = 59% Fully Vaccinated
Los Angeles County = 57% Fully Vaccinated
Riverside County = 47% Fully Vaccinated
San Bernardino County = 44% Fully Vaccinated

Orange County cases
continue to decline from the early August surge of the Delta variant.

OC cases (6).png
Similarly, Orange County hospitalizations continue to decline from their early August surge.

OC hospitalizations (5).png

There is still no statewide mandate for masks, or anything really involving Covid. Check back after Tuesday the 14th for any movement on anything Covid-related from Sacramento. ;)

cmwade77

Original Poster
It is far more than a slight inconvenience to not be able to breathe.....sorry, but that is what masks feel like is being unable to breathe.

TP2000

A quick update after a small data dump from Sacramento yesterday before the weekend...

Vaccinations in San Diego County and Orange County continue to remain higher than average for California, and ahead of all the other SoCal counties like LA, Riverside, etc.

State of California = 56% Fully Vaccinated

San Diego County = 62% Fully Vaccinated
Orange County = 60% Fully Vaccinated
Ventura County = 59% Fully Vaccinated
Los Angeles County = 57% Fully Vaccinated
Riverside County = 47% Fully Vaccinated
San Bernardino County = 44% Fully Vaccinated

Even though there is no mask mandate in OC, Orange County continues to be a good barometer for the entire state, with declining case rates and hospitalizations the past few weeks.

OC cases (7).png

OC hospitalizations (6).png

TP2000

And from the LA County Covid website, they continue to make it very clear who has been vaccinated and who has not in Los Angeles County. Since they are talking about over 10 Million people there living in LA County, larger than many states, it's a great barometer to see who is most vaccinated and who is least vaccinated.

If Disneyland were to implement a vaccine mandate in order to get in the gates, here is who would be most excluded...

Asians = 79% Vaccinated
Whites = 70% Vaccinated
Latinos = 61% Vaccinated
Blacks = 51% Vaccinated

The upscale beach city of Marina Del Rey is highly vaccinated at 93%, while downscale Lakewood is only 42% vaccinated.

Vaccination in massive Los Angeles County continues to be a story of class and race and zip codes. And if Disneyland were to implement vaccination requirements in September, 2021 it's still a story of class and race and zip codes on who would be allowed in to the park.

LAC_vaccine_map (5).png

mickEblu

So how do we feel about LAUSD mandating COVID vaccinations for children 12 and over? Also how I do happen to live in the one school district in the entire nation where this is going on? Granted, I’m sure many school districts in blue states will follow. My kids are 5 and 1 so I don’t have to worry about this quite yet but how long until they mandate the vaccinations for 12 and under?

Californian Elitist

So how do we feel about LAUSD mandating COVID vaccinations for children 12 and over? Also how I do happen to live in the one school district in the entire nation where this is going on? Granted, I’m sure many school districts in blue states will follow. My kids are 5 and 1 so I don’t have to worry about this quite yet but how long until they mandate the vaccinations for 12 and under?
I’m all for the mandating, as long as there are no health concerns and risks for the child.

I don’t see a difference between having to get this vaccine versus the others.

mickEblu

I’m all for the mandating, as long as there are no health concerns and risks for the child.

I don’t see a difference between having to get this vaccine versus the others.

I would say the fact that this vaccine hasn’t been around long enough makes it very different than the other vaccines kids have to take for school. Now maybe when these other vaccines were originally introduced, parents had to go through something similar but thankfully that’s not something I’ve had to go through yet.

Muffinpants

I would say the fact that this vaccine hasn’t been around long enough makes it very different than the other vaccines kids have to take for school. Now maybe when these other vaccines were originally introduced, parents had to go through something similar but thankfully that’s not something I’ve had to go through yet.
The fact that 99% of hospitalizations are non vaccinated.. is kinda proof it works and with very little side effects. How many folks are in the hosital from getting hte vaccine and not the face tiktokers with iphone wires in there arms.

Californian Elitist

I do believe that’s why some people are hesitant. We weren’t around when other vaccines were developed, which is understandable to a point. Yes, the COVID-19 vaccine is new, but it’s proven to be effective in keeping extreme cases to a minimum.

mickEblu

The fact that 99% of hospitalizations are non vaccinated.. is kinda proof it works and with very little side effects. How many folks are in the hosital from getting hte vaccine and not the face tiktokers with iphone wires in there arms.

I’m not going down this rabbit hole but I’ll just say I disagree about their being any proof of anything. Either way. Most of my family and friends who got the vaccine are fine from what I know. Granted they re not 12 or under and who knows if their are any long term side effects. My sister on the other hand had massive headaches, felt like her heart was racing, that she couldnt breathe and was very close to calling 911. My mom got her first vaccine and broke into hives a week later. This was a month ago and they haven’t gone away. She hasn’t had hives in 8 or so years when she had a brief one time episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom