Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polkadotdress

Our office has started to receive requests for exemptions. None granted yet.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

Meanwhile in FL, rampant exceptions are coming from chiropractors like this:

DisneyDebRob

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

Meanwhile in FL, rampant exceptions are coming from chiropractors like this:

Arrest him. That will stop that. I find it very hard to believe that he will be able to explain more then 500 of them, as a chiropractor.

matt9112

We are at least partially to blame as consumers. Most people book a flight solely based on price and so the airlines cram as many people in as possible to maximize profit and keep prices as low as they can. If consumers showed they would be willing to pay a little more for better service maybe the airlines could/would charge more but offer better service. The explosion of the low cost carriers shows that most people really don’t care. I flew Spirit one time in my life and I will never make that mistake again. You are literally buying a ticket with the promise of the lowest price and zero service. Most people don’t seem to care, they just want to save a few bucks.

I flew spirit and frontier all through the lock down phase of covid. 30 dollars....each way is insane. I was flying alot. I kind of just went into it knowing it was human luggage. I fit all my clothing into my "personal item" so it was pretty convenient.

matt9112

Agreed. The impact is bigger on companies looking to mandate. I saw a recent poll from a large number of corporations that the majority plan to mandate the vaccine. I think it was something like 59%. I also think if/when the major brand based companies mandate it that will lead to many followers. Amazon is one of the big ones to watch. Walmart and McDonalds have both mandated vaccines for some of their workforce but Amazon hasn’t decided either way. Could be an easy way to boost National vaccine numbers. I think now that the Federal unemployment benefits are rolling off and there should in theory be more workers available so those companies will be less hesitant to mandate vaccines for fear of losing workers. We shall see.

You know a bunch of those workers are never returning to the work force right? The elderly cohort continues to grow and the working age cohort shrinking with it.

Covid simply aligned alot of retirement and exits of the work force. Those older workers are not likely to return.

SammyMF

We have all seen Nostradamus wanna-Be's on cable TV. Not to mention politicians. All insisting they are right and others are wrong. When in fact this has zero precedent in modern times. The only ones who have seen anything like it on this scale are all dead now. And that was in a world still separated and not our interconnected modern one. So we shall see what we shall see.

Whats going to happen now also because renters can now be kicked out again for not paying the rent? Also no unemployment. Back to work to pay the bills?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I flew spirit and frontier all through the lock down phase of covid. 30 dollars....each way is insane. I was flying alot. I kind of just went into it knowing it was human luggage. I fit all my clothing into my "personal item" so it was pretty convenient.
That’s exactly my point. People complain that airlines have cut services, but most people care more about a cheap fare than a level of service. When airlines had good customer service and more free extras there were no $30 flights. I think we as consumers take a large part of the blame for this change. If people demanded a higher level of service, not by pulling a Karen and ranting at some poor airline employee, but by voting with our wallets to pay a little more for better service more airlines would be attempting to differentiate themselves in some other way than by price.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You know a bunch of those workers are never returning to the work force right? The elderly cohort continues to grow and the working age cohort shrinking with it.

Covid simply aligned alot of retirement and exits of the work force. Those older workers are not likely to return.
There’s still a level of unemployment that’s artificially high, especially in certain areas. Help wanted jobs everywhere but people still on unemployment. Some of those people may not come back to the workforce but some will. I think we will see a leveling out in the next 6 months. We are also desperately missing the cheap foreign labor in certain markets. People don’t want to hear that, but our economy relies on some level of foreign workers that are sometimes seasonal who aren’t allowed back in a lot of cases yet.

GimpYancIent

That’s exactly my point. People complain that airlines have cut services, but most people care more about a cheap fare than a level of service. When airlines had good customer service and more free extras there were no $30 flights. I think we as consumers take a large part of the blame for this change. If people demanded a higher level of service, not by pulling a Karen and ranting at some poor airline employee, but by voting with our wallets to pay a little more for better service more airlines would be attempting to differentiate themselves in some other way than by price.
Or, unless absolutely / positively necessary, utilize another means of transportation that is less aggravating.

Lilofan

When my kids were really little we drove to FL a few times because I couldn’t do the flight thing without them being old enough to understand. It takes a lot longer though, but much more relaxing.
There used to be a lot of roadway signs the kids can look for on I-95 in the Carolinas pointing to the infamous tourist trap South of the Border at the NC/SC line. As Pedro says " You never seen sausage place".

GimpYancIent

There used to be a lot of roadway signs the kids can look for on I-95 in the Carolinas pointing to the infamous tourist trap South of the Border at the NC/SC line. As Pedro says " You never seen sausage place".
Ah, I see you are a veteran of I95, yes, there still are lots of those road signs (a little faded or partially obscured by vegetation) but still there.

DisneyDebRob

Yes, traveled the roadway plenty of times but around exit 21 in SC I-95S there are makeshift signs nailed on trees advertising moonshine off the interstate on a dirt road as of two years ago.
The best drive is going south to the outer banks driving Route 13. I’ve been doing it for 30 years and I know I’m getting close when I’m driving through Virginia and see a hundred shacks up and down the road with the big wooden signs, shacks falling down and they all sell the same thing. Cigarettes, fireworks, boiled peanuts and ham. 😃They have been there forever and always brings a smile to face. So if you need cigs and ham you know where to go.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Arrest him. That will stop that. I find it very hard to believe that he will be able to explain more then 500 of them, as a chiropractor.
Without any knowledge other than this extremely slanted article you are calling for this person to be arrested?

And don't get me wrong, im not defending him. But to say, "arrest him" without due process is a bit extreme. How many articles have we seen lately that were completely bogus, i.e The Rolling Stone article, local news claiming hospitals are overrun when in actuality they're not, etc. How do you even know this article isn't similar and making false claims like so many other articles and news reports we continue to see that are completely false?

Do you feel those people should be arrested for causing completely unnecessary panic in their communities?

Polkadotdress

Without any knowledge other than this extremely slanted article you are calling for this person to be arrested?

And don't get me wrong, im not defending him. But to say, "arrest him" without due process is a bit extreme. How many articles have we seen lately that were completely bogus, i.e The Rolling Stone article, local news claiming hospitals are overrun when in actuality they're not, etc. How do you even know this article isn't similar and making false claims like so many other articles and news reports we continue to see that are completely false?

Do you feel those people should be arrested for causing completely unnecessary panic in their communities?
While I wouldn’t agree that they should be arrested, I do believe legal action should be taken.

Also, there are several news articles re: this, which also include quotes from the chiropractor, who clearly understands he is stretching things:

“When Dr. Busch was asked what kind of diagnosis chiropractors can make when it comes to a mask exemption, he replied, “It is any Florida licensed health care physician. Your dentist could do this, your psychiatrist could do this, your psychologist can do this,” he explained. “You were looking at things like respiratory distress, hypoxia, asthma, anxiety, depression – there are a lot of qualifying conditions.”

Testerman says she wants to know why parents don’t just go to their pediatrician for a mask waiver.

“That answer is really quite simple. Pediatricians are trained to diagnose and treat children and they recognize the dangers that COVID presents,” she said. “Signing a mask waiver would go against one of their tenants of their Hippocratic oath [to] do no harm.”

matt9112

There’s still a level of unemployment that’s artificially high, especially in certain areas. Help wanted jobs everywhere but people still on unemployment. Some of those people may not come back to the workforce but some will. I think we will see a leveling out in the next 6 months. We are also desperately missing the cheap foreign labor in certain markets. People don’t want to hear that, but our economy relies on some level of foreign workers that are sometimes seasonal who aren’t allowed back in a lot of cases yet.

Of course. Our birth rate is far too low to sustain the population let alone grow it. Migrants are the only reason on paper we look better than alot of europe and especially japan. However i stand by my opinion that we will be lower than pre pandemic longer term. Sure migrants could fil lthat entire void. If enough of them come. It does appear that migration is up alot lately so there might be some corolation there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom