Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

hpyhnt 1000

I think they could just run a few hoses, turn on the water and let the kids loose with them. Mission accomplished!
Exactly. If the "new Tiana-themed playground at EPCOT" is anything to go by, I expect we'll see this bad boy open as Journey of Water Inspired by Moana by late 2023.

#moretimeless #moreDisney

1630697924330.png

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They were advertising Mary Poppins and that's not happening either.

They did pull that from the EPCOT Experience though. I think if there was any chance Moana wasn't happening they'd have pulled it as well.
Which sucks because while it's a solid idea and good filler attraction, it's still the wrong park.

doctornick

I think it's reasonable to say that most of what's classified as World Nature (with the exception of Soarin') would also fit (and perhaps be a better fit) in Disney's Animal Kingdom.
I don’t disagree. I would argue that IASW would also fit (perhaps be a better fit) in EPCOT but that doesn’t mean it is “in the wrong park”.

Just because some could also reasonably be placed in a different park doesn’t mean it inappropriate for where it is built.

RSoxNo1

I don’t disagree. I would argue that IASW would also fit (perhaps be a better fit) in EPCOT but that doesn’t mean it is “in the wrong park”.

Just because some could also reasonably be placed in a different park doesn’t mean it inappropriate for where it is built.
Yeah there's plenty of parallels across the parks and in today's IP mandate, those themes are being diluted more and more.

I think there are some things that are truly out of place (say, Frozen Ever After) and other things where there is a potentially better fit (say The Seas Pavilion or it's a small world)

RSoxNo1

Well, then I'm wrong. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

What are they actively building? I haven't seen images, and I'm curious how its taking shape.
At this point it looks like largely like the infrastructure component is going in. They removed the building and there is some vertical construction, but it's minimal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom