Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Figments Friend

Does Disney actually care all that much about Epcot's 40th? I know it matters to us as fans, but in marketing land won't they want to have the focus clearly on the 50th celebration and therefore try and get away with fairly minimal fan service for Epcot's 40th?

I fully expect very little in regards to Epcot's 40th next year.
Indeed, the WDW 50th promotion will take far more precedence.
Of course, they could consider perhaps to include Epcot turning 40 as a part of WDW's anniversary marketing bandwagon but I'm not expecting it.

As per the norm since the 30th, Epcot's 40th will be a acknowledged with anniversary merchandise, a Disney Blog Post on October 1st, and a expensive D23 Event over at the Contemporary Resort.
Oh, and probably cupcakes.

Maybe I need to rally the fans again if that's the case.....like I had a hand in doing for Epcot's 25th.
Now THAT was a anniversary celebration!
😉

-

J4546

well after so much work at epcot in the last couple years, i doubt they will have any major announcements for the 40th....but ya never know....

EPCOTCenterLover

I fully expect very little in regards to Epcot's 40th next year.
Indeed, the WDW 50th promotion will take far more precedence.
Of course, they could consider perhaps to include Epcot turning 40 as a part of WDW's anniversary marketing bandwagon but I'm not expecting it.

As per the norm since the 30th, Epcot's 40th will be a acknowledged with anniversary merchandise, a Disney Blog Post on October 1st, and a expensive D23 Event over at the Contemporary Resort.
Oh, and probably cupcakes.

Maybe I need to rally the fans again if that's the case.....like I had a hand in doing for Epcot's 25th.
Now THAT was a anniversary celebration!
😉

-
Bringing back a GREAT attraction with FIgment and Dreamfinder would have been the appropriate way to celebrate and honor Epcot’s 40th.

Bocabear

I guess Guardians will be opening for EPCOT's 40th...in which case it removes one more special thing that they are doing for WDW's 50th... Tearing apart EPCOT is not a plus for the 50th...

Disstevefan1

I guess Guardians will be opening for EPCOT's 40th...in which case it removes one more special thing that they are doing for WDW's 50th... Tearing apart EPCOT is not a plus for the 50th...
I have my doubts Guardians will be completed by Oct.1 2022. EPCOT will still have construction walls all over the place on its 40th

Casper Gutman

I'm not usually one to defend Disney's timetables on things, but there was a building in the way. They've only been working on the actual construction for a few months.

I'm anticipating that this won't open until 2023.
I’d wager it never opens. It was always vague and unfocused, much more of a placeholder, something to mention in passing when discussing the broader project. It was distinctly secondary to the festival center. I suspect it quietly disappears.

DreamfinderGuy

I’d wager it never opens. It was always vague and unfocused, much more of a placeholder, something to mention in passing when discussing the broader project. It was distinctly secondary to the festival center. I suspect it quietly disappears.
The time to quietly cancel it has came and went. I would be overjoyed to see it not happen, but it’s going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom