Living With the Land...in peril?

ppete1975

If people mover taught us anything, it takes forever to get parts of any kind. Im assuming they have put off maint for so long they keep finding things that need fixing. If they had upkept it and kept more parts on hand it would prob be back up.

I watched the its a small world behind the attractions last night, and it reminded me how they thought ahead. They had every part ready to go if it broke for the dolls (because they couldnt have downtime, or a broken doll)....

Now i understand they wouldnt have glass, or an extra full motor or if theres a leak somewhere, but if its a valve or other normal part this should have been up a long time ago. Same thing with PM

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If people mover taught us anything, it takes forever to get parts of any kind. Im assuming they have put off maint for so long they keep finding things that need fixing. If they had upkept it and kept more parts on hand it would prob be back up.

I watched the its a small world behind the attractions last night, and it reminded me how they thought ahead. They had every part ready to go if it broke for the dolls (because they couldnt have downtime, or a broken doll)....

Now i understand they wouldnt have glass, or an extra full motor or if theres a leak somewhere, but if its a valve or other normal part this should have been up a long time ago. Same thing with PM
Does Disney even do PM anymore?

castlecake2.0

i think it depends on the ride honestly, and this is one that they dont worry about.. just keep it dusted. I think the days of painting the hand rails every night is a thing of the past. I also think every cast member is responsible for trash is long gone as well (another early disney rule)
I think the trash thing vanished with Covid unfortunately, it’s hard to tell people they have to pick up garbage with their bare hands when for the last year and a half we have been warned of germs.

dreday3

Original Poster

The delay due to pandemic (ugh, so sick of that phrase) for parts is really concerning. This ride could actually be down for quite some time if that's the case - months. :(

Disney Analyst

The delay due to pandemic (ugh, so sick of that phrase) for parts is really concerning. This ride could actually be down for quite some time if that's the case - months. :(

Yes, this Pandemic has really changed the supply chain. We ordered some furniture and it took 5 months to finally get to us, which was a little over 2 months past the original projection.

Of course, that wasn't too bad all things considered, I've heard of people waiting 6-10 months for furniture right now.

dreday3

Original Poster
Yes, this Pandemic has really changed the supply chain. We ordered some furniture and it took 5 months to finally get to us, which was a little over 2 months past the original projection.

Of course, that wasn't too bad all things considered, I've heard of people waiting 6-10 months for furniture right now.

Our cat has to eat prescription food and Royal Canin we use is out everywhere. We have enough to last a little while, but now have to find something else that works in the meantime until they can ramp up production again.
So many people are calling the vet, trying to find a new diet that works. These disruptions are literally life and death for some pets out there. It's very scary!

Disney Analyst

Our cat has to eat prescription food and Royal Canin we use is out everywhere. We have enough to last a little while, but now have to find something else that works in the meantime until they can ramp up production again.
So many people are calling the vet, trying to find a new diet that works. These disruptions are literally life and death for some pets out there. It's very scary!

Didn't even think of that! We went to PetSmart last week to pickup our Cat's Litter, and it's no longer in stock. So either discontinued suddenly, or perhaps it's supply chain.

ppete1975

I thought disney had their own machine shop, and was able to make alot of their own stuff. I assumed they have plumbers, glass installers mechanics all as paid staff as well. You would think they would have backup parts for almost everything. IF not we should be asking why? I get not having another boat or monorail on standby or glass for space 220. But every mechanical part they should have backups. And for stuff where it requires a person to fix it, id assume they would have someone on staff. Am i living in the past?

ppete1975

its very hard to switch any pet over to a different food source, i cant imagine it if they have dietary issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom