Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

The goal is also to lessen the pressure on the health care system, which continues to be crippled by Covid. Scientists are also worried about further mutations which might not be mitigated by the vaccine. The more vaccinated there are, the less chance of a deadlier mutation.

I cant disagree with you there. Im all for as much vax as we can. Just not in support of alienating and mocking what is apparently still large chunks of the population. Our health system needs ALOT of tlc. I too dont want it overburdened however it needs to be better. When you look at the cost of US healthcare. You should get golden band aids.

matt9112

They should ask Disney to share the code for the RotR virtual queue with them.

Honestly should just tell people with covid not to come to hospital unless age x y z or condtion x y z (aka high risk)

High risks folks really should be locked down and keeping themselves safe.

DisneyDebRob

Fauci saying this is the best way to avoid another 100,000 deaths. Vaccines people. Get it. Mitigation in schools and other things will help. Here’s the link with what he said but he does support vaccination mandates for school children once approved.
"I believe that mandating vaccines for children to appear in school is a good idea," Fauci said.

He pointed out that this wouldn't be out of the question, saying that schools already have many vaccine mandates in place.

"This is not something new. We have mandates in many places in schools, particularly public schools that if in fact you want a child to come in -- we've done this for decades and decades requiring (vaccines for) polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis. So this would not be something new, requiring vaccinations for children to come to school," he explained.

DisneyCane

Honestly should just tell people with covid not to come to hospital unless age x y z or condtion x y z (aka high risk)

Very true. Basically, as long as you aren't having trouble breathing or having issues with responsiveness there is no reason to go to an ER. Call your doctor and get recommendations on what you should do for self treatment or find out if you need to be seen by somebody.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Fauci saying this is the best way to avoid another 100,000 deaths. Vaccines people. Get it. Mitigation in schools and other things will help. Here’s the link with what he said but he does support vaccination mandates for school children once approved.
"I believe that mandating vaccines for children to appear in school is a good idea," Fauci said.

He pointed out that this wouldn't be out of the question, saying that schools already have many vaccine mandates in place.

"This is not something new. We have mandates in many places in schools, particularly public schools that if in fact you want a child to come in -- we've done this for decades and decades requiring (vaccines for) polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis. So this would not be something new, requiring vaccinations for children to come to school," he explained.

I'm scared about by December aka this Winter now.. Now we will never go out of the woods ever again.:cry::cry::cry:

DisneyCane

The data is very clear that getting vaccinated is what works. I don't know which States and/or territories don't report but from the 49 that do there have only been 1,623 deaths and 6,782 hospitalizations caused by COVID breakthrough infections so far and this includes the Delta variant spike. For deaths, the total from breakthrough infections over the course of months is lower than two days of deaths in the unvaccinated.

Lilofan

Very true. Basically, as long as you aren't having trouble breathing or having issues with responsiveness there is no reason to go to an ER. Call your doctor and get recommendations on what you should do for self treatment or find out if you need to be seen by somebody.
Don't agree, there are other reasons to go to the hospital ER such as a chronic condition that gets worse. Rarely a PCP works on Sat and Sun or at night.

Heppenheimer

If someone tests positive, calling their doctor's office is always a good idea, especially if the positive result came from a state testing site (the doctor may not otherwise be aware of the test result). They can advise if the person meets the criteria for the monoclonal antibody infusion. Not everyone does, and to maximize the efficacy, it needs to be administered within a certain time window.

And please, stay away from the ER unless you are really struggling.

Heppenheimer

Well polio (before the vaccine) had a mortality rate of 15-30% in adults. 5% in children. Furthermore a third of those that survived would be crippled for life.

As of the latest covid us numbers the mortality rate is less than 2% and theres no crippling effect to those that recover. So polio in the best case scenario (in children) is 3x deadlier and in adults much more so. We also have to look at the fact that the elderly are the majority of covid deaths. In lower age brackets the chance of death is minimal. Furthermore we know the reported cases are less than the actual case count so covid is even less deadly than these numbers suggest.

Hardly apples to apples. Spanish flu is probably a better like for like like analogy and even that was far deadlier.
But i mean sure? If you say so?
That's not correct. Polio infection actually had a complete resolution rate of over 99%. Poliomyelitis, on the other hand, which is the well-known neurologic complication of infection with the polio virus (and what most people actually mean when they use the word "polio"), had much worse prognosis, but occurs in only about 0.5% of everyone infected with the virus. This still caused a huge number of cases, though, because the virus was endemic almost everywhere on earth. So, yes, we mandated a vaccine for a virus whose complications were far more rare on a percentage basis than COVID-19, if you want to play that percentages game.

And from the latest I've seen, the current mean age of COVID fatalities is now skewing about 10-15 years younger than during previous waves. It is killing much more young people than previously.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

My company is clear its personal choice. But its a smaller company without the pressures of social warriors. We actually had to make a list so if clients want a vaxed individual they can have that but were not forcing it on anybody. Because thats just not good.
There should be no personal choice when it comes to a pandemic in which you can accidentally kill your fellow citizen - unless you want the personal choice to be charged with negligent homicide. You want your cake and eat it, too.
Unvaccinated should be locked down. It’s their “personal choice” to put themselves at risk.

matt9112

There should be no personal choice when it comes to a pandemic in which you can accidentally kill your fellow citizen - unless you want the personal choice to be charged with negligent homicide. You want your cake and eat it, too.

Unvaccinated should be locked down. It’s their “personal choice” to put themselves at risk.

We can agree to disagree 🙂 its legitimately an act of god imho legally speaking i mean.

Angel Ariel

Depends on your age...
Nope, not just age.

But we now have eleven studies suggesting that some AAC users also have inherently higher risks of dying from COVID if we get the virus — regardless of these other environmental and societal factors.These studies did not specifically look at people who need and use AAC, but they did look at data for people with intellectual disabilities, with autism, and with other types of developmental disabilities (I/DD). CommunicationFIRST serves anyone who cannot rely on speech to be understood, regardless of cause or age of onset. Many older adults have acquired speech loss due to conditions like ALS, Parkinson's disease, stroke, brain injury, and multiple sclerosis. But the majority of our younger population — including students in pre-K to 12 school settings — owe their speech disability to conditions like autism, apraxia, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and rare genetic syndromes. These conditions all fall into the I/DD umbrella category.

These eleven studies, published between May 2020 and May 2021, tell us that AAC users who have intellectual disability, autism, or other types of developmental disabilities are between 1.7 and 16 times* more likely to die from COVID if they get it than those who do not have I/DD.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom