Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I get that they don't "need" it for the remainder of this year (Bob's "UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND" will take care of that), but I assumed they would want a way to spread crowds out in the evening, particularly on nights that MK is hosting Boo Bash.

Amidala

Yep, this is all about cost savings and no "need" for entertainment from Disney's perspective. DHS will do just fine without it. The only issue would be if the new entertainment offerings at other parks end up pulling too many folks from DHS.

Well Studios is pretty dead at night as it is. People seem to clear out quickly once they’ve ridden Rise.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The same statement stands, for the Studios, the expectation is that Galaxy's Edge and Railway will sustain the park regardless of the lack of entertainment offerings. Big cost saving for the company, but obviously not good for the guests.
Labor crunch strikes again?

Anything about SW Fireworks?

gerarar

Premium Member
Been a while since my last one, but here’s a new update on the current F! situation/amphitheater!!

A quick rundown:
  • (old) Front row bleachers still removed
  • (old) Entire lighting system still gone. This is rumored for a (welcomed) upgrade.
  • The third barge has finally returned!
  • Couple of green boom lifts backstage and in moat.
  • Track has been removed to where excavation nearby is being done.
  • The steamboat is being taken apart!
Detailed commentary:

From this aerial view, we can see (blue circle) that the third barge has finally returned from refurbishment. It has been missing since December-ish 2020.
D5C8D990-43DF-47CA-8B69-2056F684C80D.jpeg

Track (red arrow above) has been removed on the first turn of the steamboat’s track. This is probably connected to the excavation and construction happening on the perimeter of the amphitheater:
60DDDA2C-AABE-48D2-BEE4-1326E0C8655E.jpeg

This is what this area looked like before, nothing but trees and grass:
9E90A11D-1161-43A2-AD48-F6A4CDD10709.jpeg

It’s hard to tell what exactly is happening here. I believe recent permits indicated something like this would be happening. On closer inspection, seems like there are pipes underground — could be related to the gas for the moat fire and/or water to fill the moat.

Moving on, steamboat Willy is being taken apart! From this aerial, we can see the floor and flooring completely stripped to its barebones. The pyro equipment and lighting on the steamboat has also been removed.
61A1AF9A-D342-4B09-802C-2357AE701EFC.jpeg

Now with even more work being done on the amphitheater then ever before, Fantasmic! won’t be coming back anytime soon, at least for this year. Hopefully all these tech upgrades will be well worth it in the end!

Sources/full aerials:

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Been a while since my last one, but here’s a new update on the current F! situation/amphitheater!!

A quick rundown:
  • (old) Front row bleachers still removed
  • (old) Entire lighting system still gone. This is rumored for a (welcomed) upgrade.
  • The third barge has finally returned!
  • Couple of green boom lifts backstage and in moat.
  • Track has been removed to where excavation nearby is being done.
  • The steamboat is being taken apart!
Detailed commentary:

From this aerial view, we can see (blue circle) that the third barge has finally returned from refurbishment. It has been missing since December-ish 2020.
View attachment 581596

Track (red arrow above) has been removed on the first turn of the steamboat’s track. This is probably connected to the excavation and construction happening on the perimeter of the amphitheater:
View attachment 581597
This is what this area looked like before, nothing but trees and grass:
View attachment 581598

It’s hard to tell what exactly is happening here. I believe recent permits indicated something like this would be happening. On closer inspection, seems like there are pipes underground — could be related to the gas for the moat fire and/or water to fill the moat.

Moving on, steamboat Willy is being taken apart! From this aerial, we can see the floor and flooring completely stripped to its barebones. The pyro equipment and lighting on the steamboat has also been removed.
View attachment 581606

Now with even more work being done on the amphitheater then ever before, Fantasmic! won’t be coming back anytime soon, at least for this year. Hopefully all these tech upgrades will be well worth it in the end!

Sources/full aerials:

February 2022 it is then! 😂😂

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyone know what this (go-away) green building is for? Looks like all the pipes connected to it and surrounding concrete has been ripped up.
Now:
8A9ECB77-999A-4544-9142-164535A425CC.jpeg

Before:
FD40BD20-D0EC-4C04-B85E-7C238869D717.jpeg

My best guess would be gas pipes for the moat fire. The lighter blue-ish pipes look like they’re for the moat water that surrounds the stage.

kthomas105

Anyone know what this (go-away) green building is for? Looks like all the pipes connected to it and surrounding concrete has been ripped up.
Now:
View attachment 581671
Before:
View attachment 581672

My best guess would be gas pipes for the moat fire. The lighter blue-ish pipes look like they’re for the moat water that surrounds the stage.
These appear to be water pumps, my guess is for the water screens and fountains in the moat. You can see electrical boxes(disconnects) stationed in front of each pump. You can see 6 main pipes feeding into the ground, 3 remain still intact and are larger than the 3 partially removed. I assume the 3 remaining, for now, feed the three water screens.

If the smaller diameter pipes were in fact for the stationary fountains, this could give further proof that fountains with movable heads could be going in. These pumps are located back stage for ease of maintenance and sound control. Some movable fountain heads contain submergible pumps that sit just below the water where the fountain is placed (Think WOC in DL and the new fountain/pyro show at universal studios).

gerarar

Premium Member
These appear to be water pumps, my guess is for the water screens and fountains in the moat. You can see electrical boxes(disconnects) stationed in front of each pump. You can see 6 main pipes feeding into the ground, 3 remain still intact and are larger than the 3 partially removed. I assume the 3 remaining, for now, feed the three water screens.

If the smaller diameter pipes were in fact for the stationary fountains, this could give further proof that fountains with movable heads could be going in. These pumps are located back stage for ease of maintenance and sound control. Some movable fountain heads contain submergible pumps that sit just below the water where the fountain is placed (Think WOC in DL and the new fountain/pyro show at universal studios).
Good eye! I don’t know how I missed those 3 smaller pipes are now removed. Your theory does make sense. Digging underground for access to those pipes as well.

I can now see why Disney held off so long to upgrade the tech for this show. Requires a lot of downtime and excavating haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom