Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

gerarar

Premium Member
Another update on the current F! situation/amphitheater!!

A quick rundown:
  • (old) Front row bleachers still removed for access
  • (old) Entire lighting system on overhead rigs still gone. This is rumored for an upgrade.
  • Scaffolding now present around the mountain/stage.
  • Track also has been removed underneath to where the steamboat is.
  • Steamboat continually being take apart and lifted above ground.
  • More pipes for water features removed.
Detailed commentary:

From this aerial, we can see that scaffolding (blue arrow) has been placed around the mountain. This could mean that the mountain is getting a repaint and repair work done to it. Could also mean new elements could be placed on it. For example, the climbing mounts for John Smith could be removed/replaced if F! is indeed revamping its story.
4CC1367A-A907-4D97-B540-A33A06F9D03D.jpeg

Also, considering all 3 lasers were not working during F!’s last few shows in March 2020, hopefully work is being done on said lasers.

More track (red arrow) has been removed near and underneath the steamboat. The steamboat is also lifted off the ground by pillars of some sort (orange arrows). Work is most likely being done underneath the boat which guides itself along the moat track. New track also seems to be staged nearby. The steamboat still has its floors and walls removed, leaving the barebones of the ship in full view.
FFCC128C-2417-4789-A14D-621FCBC834F6.jpeg

Now looking at the excavations/work backstage, more water pipes have been removed.
For reference, I’ll be referring to them as #1-6. The 3 big ones are #1-3 and 3 smaller ones are #4-6. @kthomas105 alluded that the bigger ones are for the 3 water screens and smaller ones for the 3 set of fountains.
A5CFBB8A-0893-449D-8FCC-9C8D51A7C265.jpeg

Couple weeks ago, we saw pipes #4-6 removed which lend to the rumor that the fountains are being upgraded.
470DAB34-25C8-48D9-B26B-04C6C9604ACE.jpeg

Now today, we now see main pipes #1-3 removed. Whether these pipes really feed into the water screens remains a question, it’s not question that all 6 pipes are being replaced.
147D3F14-3804-4081-98F0-ABBC253D8A90.jpeg

We can also see the excavation nearby, which shows the dug up pipes.

It’s really exciting to see all this work being done on the amphitheater. This is unprecedented work being done here since it opened many decades ago (I think). Whatever the outcome is, I’m really hyped for it. Hopefully Mickey can hang in there just a little bit more!!

Sources/full aerials:

TrippedUp

Nice write-up @gerarar !

The ship looks primed, grey now not white as in the last picture.

three increasing sized smokestacks removed... probably for paint? Hope so as that was a nice tie in to steamboat Willie.

Some interesting pieces behind the SUV, almost looks like it could fit together to form one structure... or it might just be new track pieces in crates. I'd be incredibly surprised if they don't replace the whole track given this opportunity.

Theres a piece of blue pipe actually in the moat near the blue tent. Probably just where they're staging metal for recycling, but odd choice when they seem to have plenty of room on "land"

I'm fairly happy to see them upgrading the actual set, as I had this pegged as a technical infrastructure upgrade with minimal show changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom