News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

Here’s the picture:

View attachment 581578

Maybe I’m seeing things wrong.
It looks to me like if I walk through the entrance towards those walls that stop you seeing the show building, that there’s a rectangular part with air con units and stuff in it that you would get to.

Is that me not getting the perspective? Are those units on the roof maybe? That would explain it.
Interesting, very good photo! Detailed all the way down to the escape pod porta pods.

peter11435

Here’s the picture:

View attachment 581578

It looks to me like if I walk through the entrance towards those walls that stop you seeing the show building, that there’s a rectangular part with air con units and stuff in it that you would get to.

Is that me not getting the perspective? Are those units on the roof maybe? That would explain it.
Those units are on a roof

Movielover

Here’s the picture:

View attachment 581578

I'm pretty sure you are just getting lost in the perspective, which I don't blame you since the whole building is that shade of concrete.

Hopefully this pic helps. The area you are referring to is the roof of the ground floor of the show building. The preshow corridor is underneath all of that equipment.

floor plan.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure you are just getting lost in the perspective, which I don't blame you since the whole building is that shade of concrete.

Hopefully this pic helps. The area you are referring to is the roof of the ground floor of the show building. The preshow corridor is underneath all of that equipment.

View attachment 581579
Thank you! Outlining it definitely helps.
😂😂😂

dhslxop

I’m sure I have missed this, but what is the direction that guests will be able to drive in to the hotel? Are they taking the cast only entrance to studios (behind the SWGE show buildings)? Or are they building another road to access it?

doctornick

I would guess the experience will start off strong. Then in true Disney fashion, they will start to cut the experience to save money. I'll be most curious to see what the experience is like after a year, v.s. the opening experience. Something tells me it will cost more and you'll get less.
I don’t think they will cut the experience as much as once it goes on the guests will be less energetic and “into it” which will make the experience not as immersive. The most motivated guests will participate early.

GimpYancIent

See the yellow line - its a similar entrance to the old CM entrance
View attachment 581627
Why mess with a valet service? Have a tram guised as a land speeder collect the guests + carry on from the Galactic Star Cruiser parking lot and begin the transition into immersion there. Park car, board land speeder, transport to earthly docking bay then transport to the Halcyon for the experience, the reverse on the return to earth.

Smooth

Why mess with a valet service? Have a tram guised as a land speeder collect the guests + carry on from the Galactic Star Cruiser parking lot and begin the transition into immersion there. Park car, board land speeder, transport to earthly docking bay then transport to the Halcyon for the experience, the reverse on the return to earth.
That would make the cost of the experience too excessive.

nickys

Premium Member
That means having to cart all your luggage by hand. And where would you put them on the tram?

GimpYancIent

That means having to cart all your luggage by hand. And where would you put them on the tram?
How much luggage would you be packing for such a short duration? Are you planning on bringing all the luggage from the before or after or before and after resort time on the Halcyon? Bell services at you ultimate destination resort would hold your resort luggage for you , Yes / No?

nickys

Premium Member
How much luggage would you be packing for such a short duration? Are you planning on bringing all the luggage from the before or after or before and after resort time on the Halcyon? Bell services at you ultimate destination resort would hold your resort luggage for you , Yes / No?
You can’t usually drop off luggage at a resort before you’ve checked in, can you? If we did it in the middle of a stay I might ask if the first resort would hold it, although that would mean having to go get it before moving to the next resort. So it would be easier to bring it with us.

But if I do it at the start of a trip we’d definitely have a large case each, plus a carry-on each, plus the personal items.

GimpYancIent

You can’t usually drop off luggage at a resort before you’ve checked in, can you? If we did it in the middle of a stay I might ask if the first resort would hold it, although that would mean having to go get it before moving to the next resort. So it would be easier to bring it with us.

But if I do it at the start of a trip we’d definitely have a large case each, plus a carry-on each, plus the personal items.
Got it. So where would all this luggage be stowed on the Halcyon? Is there an intergalactic bell service w a storage bay? Could it be the expectation is guests will leave the bulk of non Galactic Cruise luggage locked in their earthly bound vehicles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom