News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

dmw

In the Parks
No
This image immediately brings to mind the constant jokes that "Disney will start charging us for oxygen soon".

View attachment 582238
This is a real thing... even got Shark Tank support
1629910471472.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In your room?

This seems like yet another ridiculous concern for people to even be bringing up. Sure, if you are able to leave your luggage in another location (like your previous hotel), you are welcome to do so, but the vast majority of people will just bring all their luggage with them to the Halcyon and the staff will take it to their cabin. There's really nothing complicated here.
Those cabins look pretty small. I'm not sure I'd want my two-suiter, my wife's full size, and my kids' roll-aboards, plus my and my wife's roll-aboards we brought specifically for the "cruise" taking up valuable living space.

Not complicated, no. But potentially inconvenient for the 2-day trip, tripping over the luggage in the cabin.

GimpYancIent

When boarding, just remember the cruise ship strategy.

Bring your bathing suit in a carry on.

While other people who packed theirs have to wait for it, you'll be able to enjoy the pool and waterslide with shorter waits.
Ok, Ok please don't rekindle the whole Pool thing. The Halcyon does not have one. A good strategy for an actual cruise ship though.

Incomudro

Those cabins look pretty small. I'm not sure I'd want my two-suiter, my wife's full size, and my kids' roll-aboards, plus my and my wife's roll-aboards we brought specifically for the "cruise" taking up valuable living space.

Not complicated, no. But potentially inconvenient for the 2-day trip, tripping over the luggage in the cabin.
Perhaps guest services can store some extra luggage.
You are supposed to be on a space cruise, vs say - a military vessel - so there are bound to be some degrees of guest services.

LovePop

I have an idea. The Galactic Starcruiser's main dining room called Crown something is empty from 10am to 1pm every day. On the first/last day, guests check out around 9am and check in around 1pm. The following day, they go to batuu around the same time period.
So, why can't Disney use that time and serve brunch ADR every day? That way, they can make more money from that dining room, and guests who can't afford to stay there can still spend an hour or two eating and experience the amazing dining room. I mean, no reason leaving it empty for 3 hours a day, every day. That room must cost a boatload of money to build, and Disney can charge a boatload of money for people to eat there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have an idea. The Galactic Starcruiser's main dining room called Crown something is empty from 10am to 1pm every day. On the first/last day, guests check out around 9am and check in around 1pm. The following day, they go to batuu around the same time period.
So, why can't Disney use that time and serve brunch ADR every day? That way, they can make more money from that dining room, and guests who can't afford to stay there can still spend an hour or two eating and experience the amazing dining room. I mean, no reason leaving it empty for 3 hours a day, every day. That room must cost a boatload of money to build, and Disney can charge a boatload of money for people to eat there.

I don't think you've really thought that through...

The space is likely re-used for other activities on the starship - ever been on a cruise and done day-time activities?
The place doesn't need hundreds of people trying to come and go while the place is trying to do it's turnover between groups

But most importantly....

Why would you devalue the exclusivity/access of something by whoring it out for people who only are paying a single meal price?

UNCgolf

I don't think you've really thought that through...

The space is likely re-used for other activities on the starship - ever been on a cruise and done day-time activities?
The place doesn't need hundreds of people trying to come and go while the place is trying to do it's turnover between groups

But most importantly....

Why would you devalue the exclusivity/access of something by whoring it out for people who only are paying a single meal price?

That sounds like a logistical nightmare. There's no easy way to even get people to/from the Starcruiser (at least not without breaking the theming, and even then it would be tough), and trying to get people in and out between groups of guests seems like a gigantic hassle that would not be worth the trouble -- even if the space actually was completely unused for 4+ hours a day.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

Not a chance that happens.

Apart from the logistics already mentioned, I suspect the dining room will be open during the Batuu visits. For a start, the departure times will have to be staggered. Plus there could well be guests who don’t go to Batuu and will be doing other activities, so regardless if they actually use the dining room it would break the immersion to have other guests coming into the resort.

GimpYancIent

It was mentioned earlier on in this thread that the addition of a second deck over Ogas Cantina to house a full on themed sit down restaurant would be a great idea. To use the one on the Halcyon, outside of cruise passengers, is impractical but a second sit down, themed, Star Wars classy eatery would be very practical, entertaining and enhance the offerings of the Black Spire outpost. Maybe a touch of Cloud City opulence.

pdude81

It was mentioned earlier on in this thread that the addition of a second deck over Ogas Cantina to house a full on themed sit down restaurant would be a great idea. To use the one on the Halcyon, outside of cruise passengers, is impractical but a second sit down, themed, Star Wars classy eatery would be very practical, entertaining and enhance the offerings of the Black Spire outpost. Maybe a touch of Cloud City opulence.
The space in the back of Oga's is still available. They don't have to build up

SWGalaxys_Edge

NOW HIRING! - "Immersive Experience Director"

"As an integral leader of the immersive game play experience for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, the Immersive Experience Director is responsible for providing creative direction in the moment to guide the stories and accommodate guest play. This role will continuously evaluate performer-to-guest dynamics while keeping the show “on rails” with culminating stories while maintaining the original creative integrity of the game. They will seek out new and innovative player experiences while providing constant monitoring, recommendations, and feedback in the moment to the performers and technicians based on guest interactions in real time. The Immersive Experience Directors are also responsible for establishing and maintaining Entertainment Show Quality standards in partnership with entertainment operational partners."

full details -> https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/kissimmee/immersive-experience-director/391/19707506

keyframe

NOW HIRING! - "Immersive Experience Director"

That’s a really interesting role. Everything sounds like it will be very fluid and dynamic. So it makes sense they would need someone in that capacity to continually evaluate and steer the experience and character/story interactions. It would essentially be a live action dungeon master.

Which brings up a question I don’t think I have seen addressed in any of the marketing. Given the duration of the experience, is everything “open” 24 hours? The sample itinerary has clearly defined key events and stop points. But are the general activities, like lightsaber training, available at any time? Can you pick up a game of Sabacc at midnight? Can you go to the bridge to explore at 2am? I’m really curious how open and active the ship itself will be outside of designated hours to roam around, sightsee, and explore.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom