News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Chupaca Bruh

So lets say the bookings dwindle after a couple of years. Then they try a new scenario for the cruise but that doesn't pull them in. It is easy to add an indoor pool and a few other amenities. Still provide the space shuttle to GE. Then open as a regular deluxe hotel, bookable for however long you want. CM's will have themed costumes but not part of "cos-play" there is now "interaction. Just a regular hotel. Because there are so few rooms availability will be low they can still charge $1000 per night in the low season. I wouldn't think they will have trouble makeing money on the place unless they REALLY mess up with some part of it. Which wouldn't surprise me.

corran horn

So lets say the bookings dwindle after a couple of years. Then they try a new scenario for the cruise but that doesn't pull them in. It is easy to add an indoor pool and a few other amenities. Still provide the space shuttle to GE. Then open as a regular deluxe hotel, bookable for however long you want. CM's will have themed costumes but not part of "cos-play" there is now "interaction. Just a regular hotel. Because there are so few rooms availability will be low they can still charge $1000 per night in the low season. I wouldn't think they will have trouble makeing money on the place unless they REALLY mess up with some part of it. Which wouldn't surprise me.
*If* this fails *and* they don't just dump it it'll become a side-destination (like Rafiki's Planet Watch via train) with the restaurant there and anybody can take the shuttles back/forth. (or maybe everybody with a meal reservation)

I don't see this being likely though.

Wendy Pleakley

Nothing wrong with wanting to chill in a hot tub and/or pool at the end of a long day cosplaying Jobin all day.

A pool wouldn't be the worst thing to include, but it's not a focus so not much point in worrying about it at this point. Besides, visiting a pool for half an hour would cost almost $60 per person. I feel like I'd rather chill in the themed bar for that kind of money.

Also, it's only two days. Go hang out in the pool after you leave (at the Super 8 because you just spent your life savings on the StarCruiser or the Grand Floridian because if you're rich enough for the StarCruiser you're not about to slum it at a value resort).

GimpYancIent

Too bad the experience on the Galactic Cruiser is being presented as a stand alone attraction rather than a part of a stay at an actual resort. Example - book a one or two or whatever week stay at say the Contemporary with a Galactic Cruiser option. You arrive at the Contemporary like you would to any resort check in and get your room then at a predesignated date / time a Galactic Star cruiser shuttle will collect the specified guests and transport them to the space port for further transport to the Halcyon. After the Galaxy Cruise experience a shuttle will return the guests to the Contemporary to continue their vacay. With the 5 / 6 K price tag for the Galactic Star Cruiser experience the room at the resort will not be charged while on the Halcyon. Just a thought to give the experience possibly a broader appeal.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Too bad the experience on the Galactic Cruiser is being presented as a stand alone attraction rather than a part of a stay at an actual resort. Example - book a one or two or whatever week stay at say the Contemporary with a Galactic Cruiser option. You arrive at the Contemporary like you would to any resort check in and get your room then at a predesignated date / time a Galactic Star cruiser shuttle will collect the specified guests and transport them to the space port for further transport to the Halcyon. After the Galaxy Cruise experience a shuttle will return the guests to the Contemporary to continue their vacay. With the 5 / 6 K price tag for the Galactic Star Cruiser experience the room at the resort will not be charged while on the Halcyon. Just a thought to give the experience possibly a broader appeal.

You are taking things way too literal.

Disney and agents are going to be be booking this as part of a Disney vacation - not the only Disney vacation. People (en large) aren't going to travel all the way to WDW and not spend time outside their Starcruiser experience. Disney doesn't have to make that the front page for that obvious choice to happen.

Just like Disney doesn't have to make a page that says... Visit Blizzard Beach as part of another larger stay at Disney.

GimpYancIent

You are taking things way too literal.

Disney and agents are going to be be booking this as part of a Disney vacation - not the only Disney vacation. People (en large) aren't going to travel all the way to WDW and not spend time outside their Starcruiser experience. Disney doesn't have to make that the front page for that obvious choice to happen.

Just like Disney doesn't have to make a page that says... Visit Blizzard Beach as part of another larger stay at Disney.
You are right! Disney does not have to and absolutely people will be doing more than just the Galactic Star Cruisier, some will stay off property and come on property for the experience the proceed back off property. All I am saying is Disney can create an all inclusive package in addition to what has been advertised.

Robbiem

To fill in the void left by the NBA experience departure. Ok, Star Wars themed restaurant w full on costumed staff to include TWI'LEK dancing girls and Cantina Band complimenting an exotic menu of galactic inspired dishes. A place to eat drink and be merry w out an extended full immersion. (Maybe, just Maybe raise some more interest in possibly stepping up to a Star Cruiser experience for the more affluent and adventuresome) Definitely have adult beverages.
Almighty Jabba’s dinner show (or for lego fans Graballa’s beachfront resort and buffet 😂✌️)!

Seriously though an OT themed bar / restaurant would be a great addition to disney springs. A Jabba’s palace restaurant with a big animatronic hutt and interpreter droid. Carbonite Han Solo on the wall and animatronic band performing would be great kind of a cross between Sonny Eclipse, rainforest cafe and the original tiki room concept. Add a cantina next door & of course a gift shop. It would be a fun experience in the budget of most fans and give them something from the original trilogy which would be a different experience to the parks

GimpYancIent

Almighty Jabba’s dinner show (or for lego fans Graballa’s beachfront resort and buffet 😂✌️)!

Seriously though an OT themed bar / restaurant would be a great addition to disney springs. A Jabba’s palace restaurant with a big animatronic hutt and interpreter droid. Carbonite Han Solo on the wall and animatronic band performing would be great kind of a cross between Sonny Eclipse, rainforest cafe and the original tiki room concept. Add a cantina next door & of course a gift shop. It would be a fun experience in the budget of most fans and give them something from the original trilogy which would be a different experience to the parks
Like it! Even have big screen T.V's showing POD races. Even have Legacy Lightsaber Hilts available at the gift shop.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
All I am saying is Disney can create an all inclusive package in addition to what has been advertised.

Just like the land and sea packages... Disney knows they already have a audience willing to pay, so they don't need to create bundles/deals/etc - they just enable the behavior, but ensuring transportation, etc is there and it's easy to do.

JoeCamel

Have you seen the exterior? Early prison camp vibes with lots of infrastructure in sight. More likely an excursion destination for Batuu or a CM office/service area

nickys

Premium Member
They are encouraging people to add on a stay. Transport provided. Etc etc.

If you want to keep your resort room though then you pay for it. We’re planning to do it in the middle of a trip, get over the jet lag first… I’m hoping Bell Services will hold most fo our luggage for us for the 2 nights.

LovePop

I just got to thinking, if RotR starts paid fastpasses, they are bound to be cheap compared to the 3K per night at SW hotel. (I'm guess RotR will charge $50 for each pass. For a family of 4, that's only $200, a small percentage of 3K.) But that's one of the hotel's draws, getting guaranteed pass to RotR. So wouldn't the paid fastpass diminish the value of the hotel? I've heard people say that the hotel is worth it for getting on RotR. What if RotR is available some other way? Is the hotel still worth it? Then there's nothing special about the hotel's visit to Batuu, it's a complete waste of the 3K/night hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom