Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club34

That is not honest. Vaccines are the single best and most effective defense we have. No, they aren’t 100% perfect. But they are better than anything else, including better then naturally acquired immunity from a year+ earlier.

Here is my original post. What is not honest? See bolded/underlined below.

There is more nuance than these binary positions here would have one believe. I am not going against the notion that vaccinations represent the most effective defense in the current pandemic. However, these positions are also being oversold. ...if we're being honest.

I never said that immunity acquired from having covid was better than the vaccine. Now that would make you being dishonest. Please do not come at me and put me in a position to have to respond like this. You are clearly misrepresenting what I wrote and it is clear as day. The fact that people would respond like this is why I am saying positions are being oversold. This is a tactic as opposed to a nuanced discussion about a global pandemic.

Walk on water? No, he isn’t a god. He is an honest public servant, a preeminent scientist, who has been on the front line protecting this nation for decades. Of course he wasn’t and isn’t all knowing. But he knows 100000x more than the people slandering him out of some political gamesmanship

Honest? By what metric? Are you denying that he engaged in doublespeak regarding gain of function research that he was affiliated with or knew about? There is video footage of him fumbling on this in a congressional hearing. Are you denying that he did lie to the American people about mask-wearing/effectiveness at the beginning of this pandemic (even if it was for the greater good to save masks for people who work in hospitals)? This isn't slander. It is a realistic take of his own behavior/words without passion or prejudice. Give him a medal of freedom and a pat on the back. I just think it's time for new leadership here.

Club34

Not sure why you quoted me. Just was giving that the CDC is looking at vaccines vs natural immunity

However I disagree that it is being oversold. I don't care much about Fauci one way or another.

I appreciate your posting of the articles. I was talking about this very thing in a private forum not too long ago that we need to hear more about what having covid does or does not do in terms of immunity. I think that is why some people are wondering about the topic. The narrative is to ignore natural immunity to push the vaccine (hence being oversold and why I quoted it along with that other post). I understand why they would do this but it isn't helping. I disagree with the likes of Sam Harris (semi-popular? intellectual who I am quite fond of) who said that this is not the time to be asking questions. Total garbage. This is exactly the time to be asking questions. It's not my problem that there is an overabundance of morons (and this coming from the dumbest forum member, mind you) that cannot handle the nuance.

Immunity from having Covid previously does offer a measure of protection. No, it may not offer the same measure of protection as the vaccine, but nevertheless, there is immunity. The fact that people may want to hear about those things does not indicate being an anti-vaxxer and even if they are an anti-vaxxer, the legitimacy of the topic still stands. It can be and should be discussed. I will not stand for discourse being curtailed just because there are people who think Covid is a hoax and the vaccine is a CIA mind-control drug.

SammyMF

Asking questions is always good. The problem is what happens among too many people when the answer isnt what they want to hear. It is not covid specific. It is about everything and we have seen it for years. And they also tend to lash out. The subject may be different but the tune is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Natural Immunity: Is it strong or isn't it? Doesn't matter. New variants make whatever natural defenses the infected gained from their initial less effective. So, how to those relying on natural immunity boost it? By licking doorknobs in the hope of catching COVID again? Get vaccinated.

I'm still highly skeptical that the CDC and/or the FDA will sign off on boosters at this time for the general population like they did for the immune-compromised.

Amused to Death

Lilofan

That would be two weeks before I would be due to fly to orlando. If I can get a booster on the 20th I certainly will. Unless they stick to the 8 month minimum part. Otherwise, I am sure every pharmacy in the area will be inundated with phone calls.
Currently appts at CVS and Walgreens nationwide are accepting walk ins and appts made online. When I clicked on CVS, many more appt slots regaarding boosters for Pfizer as compared to a few slots for Moderna. Hopefully the amount of shots can ramp up after Sept 20. Also it is on the honor system for the immunocompromised group getting their shots now from what I read and understood. No ID or insurance needed, just show your official CDC card that you have been vaccinated with either Moderna or Pfizer. Good luck to you. If those vaccine mega centers don't open again it may be a madhouse at the local pharmacies in the fall season and the temps would be cooling for most of the country but maybe not peoples tempers.

Last edited:

Lilofan

The booster push is exactly going down well with some experts.

My family member's doctor, an oncologist , recommended getting the booster. We 100% agree and already lined up an appt time to get the shot.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Kevin_W

The booster push isn’t exactly going down well with some experts.

I generally like statnews, but that's a terribly headline. None of the doctors they quoted seemed baffled or upset by the decision. , they simply disagreed.

Kevin_W

DisneyDebRob

I generally like statnews, but that's a terribly headline. None of the doctors they quoted seemed baffled or upset by the decision. , they simply disagreed.
I agree with this. Some are questioning a few things about timing mostly.
In the second paragraph it states..” many flat out challenged the need for boosters at this time”. Now unless I glossed over it or I’m just tired, I saw none of that in the article.

Timmay

I agree with this. Some are questioning a few things about timing mostly.
In the second paragraph it states..” many flat out challenged the need for boosters at this time”. Now unless I glossed over it or I’m just tired, I saw none of that in the article.
There were three different instances of it in the article I believe

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Currently appts at CVS and Walgreens nationwide are accepting walk ins and appts made online. When I clicked on CVS, many more appt slots regaarding boosters for Pfizer as compared to a few slots for Moderna. Hopefully the amount of shots can ramp up after Sept 20. Also it is on the honor system for the immunocompromised group getting their shots now from what I read and understood. No ID or insurance needed, just show your official CDC card that you have been vaccinated with either Moderna or Pfizer. Good luck to you. If those vaccine mega centers don't open again it may be a madhouse at the local pharmacies in the fall season and the temps would be cooling for most of the country but maybe not peoples tempers.
I hope may there will be no more spike anymore by Christmas as enough people are vaccinated along with kids 5-11 too, by the pandemic will be over in next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom