Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

djkidkaz

Notable Rise of the Resistance point from the D23 interview with Josh:

Think about Rise of the Resistance. It’s a highly demanded attraction. Guests show up in the morning and they try to get into the virtual queue. We get as many people on there as we can, but inevitably someone is disappointed. Now there’s another option on top of the virtual queue so if Rise of the Resistance is the reason you’re at Disneyland or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be an option for you to purchase Rise of the Resistance. So again: flexibility, optionality, better guest experience overall.

right, but obviously right now your packing every person possible onto the ride you can in a day. So to offer this for a cost, you have to scale back how many people a day can be let in to leave space for those that pay for it. So your purposefully disappointing people who may have previously gotten into a boarding group for free so you can offer them a pay option later.

NelsonRD

You're not trying to book "peak time," you're trying to book 9am.
Right. And a 9am wait time is short for T2 attractions. Nobody is rope dropping Haunted Mansion. So the advantage doesn't apply until later in the day, where offsite guests can then book. How does the 7am window help?

flynnibus

Premium Member
In a DAS FAQ on the official Disney site, the company states, "If Disney determines that any of the statements a Guest made in the process of obtaining DAS are not true, the Guest will be permanently barred from entering Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort, and any previously purchased annual passes, Magic Key passes, tickets and other park products and services will be forfeited and not refunded."

And in common sense faq... it says "Disney won't really be able to tell any more then they do today... and Disney doesn't want to face a discrimination lawsuit for actually denying services... so this is really just a bluff that Disney could never exercise until AFTER a court case"

Sure this could debunk the old push your friends in a wheelchair thing - but DAS abuse is so far beyond that these days. Everyone has special needs...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Let me get this straight - you know your child has issues with patience, temper tantrums in public, and having to wait. Hmmmm....where should I take him to inflict pain and misery on both him and those innocent people around him? I know! I'll take him to the one place in the world where you are guaranteed to have to wait and have patience in crowds! Disney World! Brilliant!

#parentoftheyear
She's not a parent and would gladly trade the DAS for her brother not to have autism

nickys

Premium Member
So what exactly is stopping anyone from saying they are disabled and get all of the genie benefits for free? The abuse I witnessed of the fast pass line last week on my trip was unreal.
You don’t get all the benefits for free. You’ll get a couple for free and for the rest you’ll be given a return time based on the standby line.

MrPromey

That's where it starts, but not where it'll end.

Yeah, the OG desert party at MK was relatively low priced when it first started, too. Then it quickly doubled... then... Well, lets just say it much more than doubled from that doubled price to get to where it's at today.

That it started at less than $20 a person for adults and less than $10 for kids and was considered profitable before they had any idea of what they could get out of people for it is really telling when you think about what they charge now.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Let me get this straight - you know your child has issues with patience, temper tantrums in public, and having to wait. Hmmmm....where should I take him to inflict pain and misery on both him and those innocent people around him? I know! I'll take him to the one place in the world where you are guaranteed to have to wait and have patience in crowds! Disney World! Brilliant!

#parentoftheyear
1. I'm not the parent
2. He's been 50+ times to WDW plus four times to DL and goes every weekend to our local amusement park. He can handle it with accomodations that exist.

jpinkc

If enough rides are not included the $15 option it won’t sell. It should only be 2-3 rides not on this option, if it’s more then it won’t work at Epcot, DHS, and AK. You can restrict Pandora, SWGE, Slinky, Rat, Guardians (Test Track until it opens,) But if you go beyond that to all the Tier 1 FP+ rides at other parks, you leave little else of value leading to dissatisfaction.
But you have to buy it in order to be able to buy those TIER 1 LIGHTNING PASSES

CaptainAmerica

That's confirmed at this point in the new system or are you going by how it worked with the split-tier options at Hollwood Studios prior to covid?

If the former, that's a surprising positive sign.* If it's the ladder, I wouldn't read anything at all into that.

*This thread has grown by 8 pages since I started reading it so I'm sure stuff has been uncovered ahead of where I"m at I haven't gotten to yet.
Confirmed.

Tier 1: Space, Mine Train, Test Track, Rat, Rise, Slinky, Kilimanjaro, and FoP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom