Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

From my view, this is a rip-off. We have only one fastpass per day. However, there will be impossible attractions such as Peter Pan's Flight or Star Wars Attraction. How much would be the attractions? Fast lines in Paris cost around 18 $ per person. Can all families pay for that? Tickets at WDW are so expensive and now they pretend we pay 1000 $ per vacation package. I understand the situation but there are more options. For example, they can improve menchardising in attractions. There are attractions with a poor mechardising such as Big thunder mountain or space mountain. They are mitical attractions. Why not use other things to get more money? I think the idea of fast pass is a mistake. I will not pay for that. We are four and it is abusive to pay 72$ for one attraction. Bob Chapek is crazy. He wants to kill Disney magic

brettf22

Premium Member
It sounds like MaxPass, and everyone raves about MaxPass, so this could be a good thing.
The one big difference I see is that MaxPass (like original FP) had a time limit for holding one pass. So, if at noon, you could only get a FP to Space Mountain at 7pm, you could get another FP at 2pm. I don’t see any language like that for Genie+

So, if you manage to snag one of the last remaining tier 2 Lightning Passes for a popular ride for 6 hours from now, you’re SOL getting another tier 2 Lightning Pass.

Touchdown

You do realize that just because you can only purchase 2 tier 1 passes, this does not mean there will only be 2 tier 1 rides per park.
If enough rides are not included the $15 option it won’t sell. It should only be 2-3 rides not on this option, if it’s more then it won’t work at Epcot, DHS, and AK. You can restrict Pandora, SWGE, Slinky, Rat, Guardians (Test Track until it opens,) But if you go beyond that to all the Tier 1 FP+ rides at other parks, you leave little else of value leading to dissatisfaction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
apparently DAS holders can prebook 2 attractions of their choosing prior to arrival and will be able to self schedule return times throughout the day on their own.

i realize I sound like a jerk but a) this will encourage abuse and b) I have to pay for something that they are being given free.

Heck I’d pay extra to schedule my 2 rides in advance.
DAS??

rubydoo2

I would like to know about having to pay for each day of your linked ticket or if you can select chosen days. Coming from the UK, we have the 14 day ticket... definitely wouldn't want it everyday of those 14 days.

brettf22

Premium Member
So onsite folks will be able to get up at 7, get their first pass included with the $15/day Genie+, then purchase two of the highest demand rides, then get in the park at rope drop, and ride possibly two of the highest demand rides ... all before offsite folks can get in and get any Genie passes. Then those folks who stay in Deluxe can stay late (without any Lightning Passes needed?). Sounds like a pretty big perk for onsite folks who like to get up early and stay late.
Slight update:

So, on-site will still be able to grab two tier 1 passes and get in the park early to ride two tier 1 rides, but won't be able to grab a tier 2 until the are in the park. Still a pretty big perk.

Last edited:

tallica

Exactly what we will be doing. Cancelled 2 dining reservations today to opt for more $$$ for fastpass. Probably cut way back on disney merchandise too. They gotta take more we gotta give up more.
But, the money guests spend on Genie is almost pure profit.

aladdin2007

From my view, this is a rip-off. We have only one fastpass per day. However, there will be impossible attractions such as Peter Pan's Flight or Star Wars Attraction. How much would be the attractions? Fast lines in Paris cost around 18 $ per person. Can all families pay for that? Tickets at WDW are so expensive and now they pretend we pay 1000 $ per vacation package. I understand the situation but there are more options. For example, they can improve menchardising in attractions. There are attractions with a poor mechardising such as Big thunder mountain or space mountain. They are mitical attractions. Why not use other things to get more money? I think the idea of fast pass is a mistake. I will not pay for that. We are four and it is abusive to pay 72$ for one attraction. Bob Chapek is crazy. He wants to kill Disney magic

send that in to guestrelations, the more complaints the better.

nickys

Premium Member
Ok correct me if I am wrong
$15 per ticket
"ONLY 2" Tier 2 rides per day with Lightning Access no mention of what happens when VQ is turned on if you dont PAY
Tier 1 Rides are a seperate COST? Basically a SURGE PRICE situation (everyday) with no prices given.
Where is the list of what Rides are on what Tier (I think we can guess)
Where is the Value in this? Seriously someone tell me.
There’s no VQ (aka Standby Pass) - as Martin mentioned before they officially announced it.

FigmentsFangirl

So let me get this straigh,t 15 bucks is a ONE TIME payment to GET Genie+, or do you gotta pay 15 bucks on a monthly basis ? Ontop of that each selection for a "fastpass" will be an additional charge ?

What are the odds of the use of this new fastpass system p[lummeting and the normal wait lines getting stupidly longer ?

Just curious really as I got confused on the pricing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom