Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptainAmerica

$420 extra for a family of 4 over 7 days for something that used to be included/free, and doesn’t include everything that was included before. That will cost even more, and is limited to boot.

How Bob.
This is ostensibly "better" than FP+ though. When EVERYONE had FP+, it wasn't an advantage. Now it is.

It's like swimming in a public pool with 200 people, or paying $15 to swim in a private pool with 20 people.

J4546

$420 extra for a family of 4 over 7 days for something that used to be included/free, and doesn’t include everything that was included before. That will cost even more, and is limited to boot.

How Bob.
i dont know how you all plan your stays and visits to the park, but if your spending 7 days at them, I would think you dont really need to buy Genie+ because youll be there long enough to prob experience everything regardless.

TimeTrip

Unless the only tier 2 is Swiss Family Robinson.
Well we know that BTMR is Tier 2. And that SDMT is Tier 1. Since the Tier 1 pass will only work for up to 2 rides, what other are they putting as Tier 1 at MK? Splash Mountain wouldn't make sense since its weather and time of day sensitive. Space Mountain wouldn't either, because that feels like the same class as BTMR.
Let the speculation begin!

arich35

I'm glad this will be out for hopefully two months before I go. I would rather not have to buy this for every single day of my 5 day park hoppers if possible.

moorish

Any word if you need to pay the $15 for genie+ for all days on your tickets, or can you have 5 day ticket and only have 2 days worth of genie+ access?
Initially, I would've guessed they treat it like park hoppers and it's for the length of ticket. More money and less complicated on the backend. But if APs need to be able to add it or not on a per visit basis, then I would think everyone could?

mightynine

Friendly reminder that the $15 Genie+ service says attractions and experiences, so you'd be paying for things that won't be worth the cost. Not a knock on quality, but do you really need a Lightning Your Wallet Pass for stage shows?

And again, it's not unlimited, you'll be selecting a time just like everyone else. You're not just walking on a ride over and over.

Missing20K

Even though I am an early riser, the thought of setting an alarm for 6:50 every morning at Disney to get my first FP, does not make me happy. It was bad enough dealing with FP anxiety 60 days out but at least you could do your whole trip all at once. Dealing with booking a FP every day for a week+, at the same time as everyone else... 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
But Disney says it will make things more flexible… 🙄

Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.

TrojanUSC

They just nuked the benefit of VIP tours. Unless they get to skip to the front of the lightning lane, those lanes are going to be long. Maxpass works well because they cap them small and you can jump between parks/there is more to do. If you're limited to your single park reservation then the LL spots for the day will be gone by hour two.

How? It's basically MaxPass, but a number of the headliners aren't available and you'll have to pay extra. You can only get 2 instant per day, where as VIP Tours gets unlimited immediate entry. That said, making guests paying $750/hour to wait in the "Lightning Lane" is a tall ask but they did it pre-COVID when FP+ existed.

Notes from Neverland

Notable Rise of the Resistance point from the D23 interview with Josh:

Think about Rise of the Resistance. It’s a highly demanded attraction. Guests show up in the morning and they try to get into the virtual queue. We get as many people on there as we can, but inevitably someone is disappointed. Now there’s another option on top of the virtual queue so if Rise of the Resistance is the reason you’re at Disneyland or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be an option for you to purchase Rise of the Resistance. So again: flexibility, optionality, better guest experience overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom