Marvel Studios Developing Asian Superhero Film ‘Shang-Chi’

khlaylav

Yeah, premieres and reactions are usually a few weeks before the movie. If it was, say, a week before, that would not indicate good things.

DanielBB8

Yeah, premieres and reactions are usually a few weeks before the movie. If it was, say, a week before, that would not indicate good things.
Jungle Cruise world premiere on July 24 was less than a week before it opened in theaters on July 30. Must be the exception.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

Japan as Well will premiere Shang-chi on september 03, 2021.
one of Japans Major cinema complex Toho Cinemas Will bring Disney Films from its theaters, After the Toho Cinemas and other Japan Major Cinema theaters Boycotted Disney films for doing Disney Premiere access same day release with theater.

Starting with freeGuy and Shangchi Disney films will be back on Major theaters with its 45-days window to streaming.

Kirby86

Jungle Cruise world premiere on July 24 was less than a week before it opened in theaters on July 30. Must be the exception.

It's not so much an exception as Disney has more faith in Shang-Chi then It did in Jungle Cruise

DanielBB8

It's not so much an exception as Disney has more faith in Shang-Chi then It did in Jungle Cruise
It probably has more faith in Shang-Chi than Cruella or Free Guy too. :p

Cruella had it's world premiere on May 18 and the movie was released on May 28th. 10 days later.

Three major Disney movies had opened within 2 weeks of world premiere, but Shang Chi will not.

Free Guy had world premiere on August 3rd and opened on August 13th. Another 10 days later situation.

Maybe it's an experiment to stretch out Shang Chi's release date to 18 days.

DanielBB8

Apparently, even Disney can’t wait for their extended release date. Will start playing at IMAX tomorrow.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Here are some first reactions to the film!

These "reviews" mean nothing. Its from all those "reviewers" who disney invites to premiers in exchange for favorable reviews. Same things were said about Rise of Skywalker before it came out. Then when the general public saw it, it got trashed for being the piece of junk it was. No difference here

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Will Eternals get a Disney+ only release? This is as vague as they get.

"I think a theater would be my preference and [Eternals director] Chloe [Zhao's] preference," Kevin Feige said when asked about a Disney+ release for the movie, before adding a teasing, "We will see where we go with it."

Shang Chi is on close watch. They’re depending on it.

Ripken10

I know there was some discussion earlier about how this film didn’t have a China releases (no films from Hollywood were up till this weekend) so I thought this might be relevant. Might also be relevant to black widow soon as well but for now I will just post here:

The blackout on Hollywood films in China has ended. Disney/Pixar’s Luca, which went straight to Disney+ in the U.S. in June, is opening in China this weekend, making it the first American film to release there in over two months. While the recent slate of blockbusters is still unscheduled in China, Luca’s release is a welcome sight.

Jedijax719

Let's forget about China for a moment. The way things are going in Texas and Florida, I don't think it's safe to show anything there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom