News Main Street Electrical Parade and A Christmas Fantasy Parade to return

Figments Friend

Please don't give them any ideas. I mean, you should definitely come visit, but don't encourage TDA to make an entire post-Covid marketing campaign around that 50 year old parade! Just... don't. 🤣

TP, you know as well as i that TDA will not be able to resist such a 'nostalgic' marketing campaign.
You KNOW it's coming....there is just no way Disneyland will let that 50th Anniversary just slide by without a big promotional push.

😉

-

nemofinder22

Pure guess/ speculation here-

A Christmas Fantasy and Believe will be part of the rumored Christmas hard ticket this year. But to still have an offering for the Holiday crowds (a proven perennial favorite(MSEP)) MSEP and Mix Magic are performed as a "daily" show.

Maybe even no Mix Magic? I can't see DL not offer some type of firework show during the holiday season. Plus Mix Magic is probably the cheapest to operate no flying characters, no castle pyro, FL stays open, Matterhorn way stays open during the show, pretty sure the side entrances to the castle stay open as well.

Oggie Boogie Bash is offered in general Sun, Tues, and Thurs. If we use that same format for Christmas Sun, Tues, Thus(ACF and Believe) Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat MSEP and Mix Magic.

MSEP and ACF both fit under the Christmas garlands that span Main Street. Which were just updated in 2018 or 19.

No parade at DCA since Festival of Holidays, Lunar New Year, and Food and Wine. But maybe we get a summer run of PTN like in 2018 during Pixar Fest?

Post Holiday season Magic Happens returns.

TTA94

Is it likely they’ll announce MSEP returning at Destination D this fall? Even though it’s not WDW related.

smooch

Whaddaya mean 'used to have'...?
🤨

I still own my original 1980 LP !
Here is a photo i just snapped, as i enjoy this fine afternoon at home listening to this classic album on vintage 1960s 'Stereophonic' equipment.
I know a fine gentleman like yourself TP can appreciate the finer things in life, and nothing is finer then vintage old technology to play vintage 'old' music on.

LONG LIVE the 'Original' MSEP MUSIC !!!
( Hums along.....)

-

View attachment 580002

-
I've been meaning to get a copy of this to compliment my IASW and PotC records. Your copy looks to be in great condition!

Stevek

Oh Gawd. Why?!? Do they not know how hokey and tired and chintzy the MSEP is?

The Christmas Parade I'm not that worked up over. It's only around for six weeks, a few key floats were replaced/refreshed in the last decade, and honestly how else do you reinvent Christmas?

But MSEP? It's just painful.
Yet you know as well as I do, sidewalks will be jam packed to see it again. Disney knows that too.

TTA94

DL should return the soundtrack to the original version, especially for its 50th, and if they did bring it back this holiday season they should do what WDW did with the holiday version of the soundtrack.

Figments Friend

I've been meaning to get a copy of this to compliment my IASW and PotC records. Your copy looks to be in great condition!

Thanks!
I'm a record fan and took care of my LPs.

I highly recommend tracking one of these down.
They should be fairly common as it was re-pressed / re-issued many times over the years.
Finding one in great shape might be challanging...but go for it!

Another one worth finding that will compliment the two Park related albums you already have is the original 1970s 'Country Bear Jamboree' LP.
Great packaging, fun artwork within the built in booklet, and of course the entire Show audio on side one!
Side two has some great ol ' knee slappin' tunes from the former watering hole The Mile Long Bar ( now, Pecos Bill's )

:)

-

Figments Friend

Is it likely they’ll announce MSEP returning at Destination D this fall? Even though it’s not WDW related.
Nah...why would they?
Has no relation to what they will be likely highlighting at the DD Event.
It's going to be for the most part all related to WDWs 50th....so why would they ' announce' something?
I don't expect anything to be announced there, even if it is related to WDW or the Park's 50th.

Next year, Disneyland will likely roll out a marketing campaign to promote the MSEP's return to honor it's own golden anniversary.
I would be willing to bet a sum of money that will happen.

-

TsWade2

Sorry to say this, but don't believe everything you hear from Micechat. They told lies. And even if the private Christmas event is going to happen, it'll happen only this year, and then it'll be back to normal next year, even with the reservations. So there!

TTA94

Curious what they will do with MSEPs introduction. Will they remove Ladies And Gentlemen Boys And Girls? Same goes for PTN.

PiratesMansion

Sorry to say this, but don't believe everything you hear from Micechat. They told lies. And even if the private Christmas event is going to happen, it'll happen only this year, and then it'll be back to normal next year, even with the reservations. So there!
You're not incorrect, but they've also had some good, genuine scoops over the years. Much like this, really:

TP2000

Nah...why would they?
Has no relation to what they will be likely highlighting at the DD Event.
It's going to be for the most part all related to WDWs 50th....so why would they ' announce' something?
I don't expect anything to be announced there, even if it is related to WDW or the Park's 50th.

Next year, Disneyland will likely roll out a marketing campaign to promote the MSEP's return to honor it's own golden anniversary.
I would be willing to bet a sum of money that will happen.

-

Forgive me for not being up to speed on everything, but are they still working on WDW's 50th?

I ask because the WDW 50th anniversary is in six weeks. Walt Disney World opened on October 1st, 1971.

I haven't heard a peep about WDW's 50th since a couple years ago when they Tweeted a photo of some lightpost banners and a cupcake, but then I've only been watching San Diego TV stations the past few weeks. No one is talking about it out here. Is it a thing? Is something happening? On October 1st? Or did they delay it a year to 2022, like the Summer Olympics tried to do and then failed miserably.

TP2000

Curious what they will do with MSEPs introduction. Will they remove Ladies And Gentlemen Boys And Girls? Same goes for PTN.

I'd thought of that too. Will they remove that hateful gendered language from the intro?

That would require them to record an all new intro, and that may throw the budget out of whack. Maybe they just give up on an intro, and instead shut off all the lights and just let the crabby crowd control CM's shout in unison "STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!!" as a way of introducing that evening's entertainment?

Squishy

Forgive me for not being up to speed on everything, but are they still working on WDW's 50th?

I ask because the WDW 50th anniversary is in six weeks. Walt Disney World opened on October 1st, 1971.

I haven't heard a peep about WDW's 50th since a couple years ago when they Tweeted a photo of some lightpost banners and a cupcake, but then I've only been watching San Diego TV stations the past few weeks. No one is talking about it out here. Is it a thing? Is something happening? On October 1st? Or did they delay it a year to 2022, like the Summer Olympics tried to do and then failed miserably.
Harmonious, Rat in kitchen, New MK fireworks, lights on golf ball, lights on creepy old tower, lights on fake big tree, lights on castle & Animal kites on jetskis debut on Oct 1st.

brb1006

Yes Disney has been working on WDW's 50th Anniversary for a while now. Since late July, WDW has finally starting kicking the gears for the Anniversary. To start, they just announced a special fireworks show and introducing the projection technology down Main Street (similar to Disneyland Forever),
cotnectdw40469791.jpg

A new daytime show using large kites at Animal Kingdom called "Kitetails".
disney-animal-kingdom-kitetails-kite-tails.png

And Spaceship Earth at Epcot is getting a brand new lighting package (they were actually testing the new lighting a few time last week).
spaceship-earth-epcot-50th-anniversary-makeover.jpg-700x550.jpg

All set to debut on October 1st (alongside HarmoniUS).

Forgot to mention WDW has been unveiling 50 golden statues of Disney, Pixar, and WDW exclusive characters every weekday (like and advent calendar). The only thing missing is a new electrical parade (made for WDW like Spectromagic), but that's not happening for a while (hopefully next year around D23).

WDW also teased their 50th Anniversary song a few days and gave a glimpse at their 50th Anniversary ad campaign sometime last month.

Teaser ad from July

Snippet of WDW's 50ty Anniversary Theme Song from a few days ago.

Disney has begun Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary campaign late last month with more info in the coming weeks.

You know what had been nice for the 50th Anniversary? Bringing back Disney characters that hadn't been memorable or seen at the WDW in decades (such as Flower from Bambi, The Walrus from Alice in Wonderland, Bianca and Bernard, and Donald's Nephews for example).

Last edited:

brb1006

Harmonious, Rat in kitchen, New MK fireworks, lights on golf ball, lights on creepy old tower, lights on fake big tree, lights on castle & Animal kites on jetskis debut on Oct 1st.
Hey don't disrespect Spaceship Earth and Tree of Life like that! I don't care if the tree is fake either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom