Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

When it becomes a significant detraction to my overall experience. In your example, say my hotel room isn’t ready when I check in. Give me a regular cleaning and on-time check in rather than “enhanced” cleaning and sitting in the lobby for an hour.

But again I think you’re deflecting. My original thesis was about theme parks and their operation during the pandemic. I don’t expect or even care much if the seats on Haunted Mansion are wiped down after every single ride-through. I am willing to sit where somewhere else sat without Lysol for five minutes. Sleeping where someone else slept without changing the sheets is an entirely different scenario. I’m not discussing what’s always been. I’m discussing what’s changed due to the pandemic
I’m not deflecting. I’m talking about enhanced cleaning at the Walt Disney World Resort which includes restaurants, gift shops and hotels.

I’m not sure why you keep bringing up wiping down attraction seats after every guest... if that was ever done it didn’t last long at all. I do think that attraction vehicles should be cleaned on a regular basis. Probably a few times a day.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I’ll take anything positive….but Missouri did peak at about 60% of their January peak while FL has already exceeded it. For whatever reason, FL is a different animal this time around. I can’t explain it :(
The worst is coming up is Labor Day weekend, 20th anniversary of 9/11, School Year, Holidays aka Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc cause a major spike for future variants to ending vaccines as possible, but I hope many people including anti-vaxxers will getting vaccinating before end of the year or early 2022 as federal transportation will lift mask mandate by November-December soon.

GimpYancIent

Ah yes… let’s scapegoat. It’s all the illegal immigrants and not at all self-centered people who think they are so important that they would knowingly go out or send someone out who is positive regardless.

Contrary to the feelings you are told to feel by vaccinated commentator Tucker Carlson of the Fox ‘News’ network whom has a vaccine passport in place, Customs and Border Patrol do test those in custody for Covid and properly sequester them, contrary to citizens who care less about the other citizens of this country.
This is from a report made 9 August 2021. Corroborating information is better than throwing abrasive verbiage at each other.
"Over 20 percent of illegal immigrant unaccompanied minors and 18 percent of family units who recently crossed the U.S.-Mexico border have tested positive for COVID-19 prior to being released from U.S. Customs and Border Protection custody over the last several weeks, according to a Department of Homeland Security document prepared for President Joe Biden and reviewed by NBC News Saturday.
The document also said some flights being used to deport illegal immigrants had over 25 percent of the passengers test positive before leaving, forcing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to remove the sick illegal immigrants and place them in quarantine."

Casper Gutman

This is from a report made 9 August 2021. Corroborating information is better than throwing abrasive verbiage at each other.
"Over 20 percent of illegal immigrant unaccompanied minors and 18 percent of family units who recently crossed the U.S.-Mexico border have tested positive for COVID-19 prior to being released from U.S. Customs and Border Protection custody over the last several weeks, according to a Department of Homeland Security document prepared for President Joe Biden and reviewed by NBC News Saturday.
The document also said some flights being used to deport illegal immigrants had over 25 percent of the passengers test positive before leaving, forcing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to remove the sick illegal immigrants and place them in quarantine."
So the sick immigrants are quarantined until they aren’t sick?

SammyMF

From what I read of it, they dont know if those they detain have covid when they are sent to detention facilities. A veritable petri dish of covid delta with the overcrowded indoor spaces with poor ventilation. And filled with a population that is highly unlikely to have gotten a vaccine. So once sent, if they didnt have covid before, there is a high chance they will get it while there.

Take the same number of unvaccinated Floridians. Dont give them covid tests. Place them in similar facilities under lock and key. They cannot choose to leave. Then watch the covid cases soar. Doesnt matter who people are or where they came from. Provide the same conditions and the results are a foregone conclusion.

ukcatz12

My God.. what has happened to people using common sense for themselves, if an Anti Vaxxer decides what is right for him, then he is "taking the chance" that others may not -- and that's ok, isnt it? If you are someone who is TRULY afraid of getting Covid, and vaccinated, then wear a mask, dont shake hands, keep sanitizer with you, wear gloves, whatever you need to do for yourself...Is amazing to me how those who DO GET VACCINATED, want to cuss and badmouth those who dont want to get vaccinated, for whatever reason. And lets NOT FORGET SOMETHING -- I want to see the numbers of those in hospitals that are unvaccinated are ILLEGAL Aliens sent on busloads from this Administration who care less about the citizens of this country and more about votes- oh well.
This is not just about Covid. When the hospitals are strained it affects everyone who might have any sort of health issue. It is getting to the point where vaccinated people who get into car accidents, have heart attacks, etc. will struggle to get care.

Exhibit A:

The choices you make about Covid don't just affect you, they affect everyone.

bryanfze55

For all the flack that Florida gets, it’s actually middle-of-the-pack in terms of vaccination numbers. Many states are far worse. There are a lot of other factors at play. As another poster suggested, weather is a big factor. Florida is miserable in the summer and people stay inside. I believe Florida also has the second oldest population in the country, with age being the #1 risk factor for hospitalization and death from covid. It’s also a vacation/travel hotspot. The governor is far from perfect (all governors are), but a lot of other factors exist here.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My God.. what has happened to people using common sense for themselves, if an Anti Vaxxer decides what is right for him, then he is "taking the chance" that others may not -- and that's ok, isnt it? If you are someone who is TRULY afraid of getting Covid, and vaccinated, then wear a mask, dont shake hands, keep sanitizer with you, wear gloves, whatever you need to do for yourself...Is amazing to me how those who DO GET VACCINATED, want to cuss and badmouth those who dont want to get vaccinated, for whatever reason. And lets NOT FORGET SOMETHING -- I want to see the numbers of those in hospitals that are unvaccinated are ILLEGAL Aliens sent on busloads from this Administration who care less about the citizens of this country and more about votes- oh well.
Sure, this is all fine and good, but as I said before you have every right to decide for yourself on vaccination and businesses have every right to decide who can work in their establishments and who can visit. You and I have no say in that. So for example if you wanted to work for Disney you would need to be vaccinated. No debate and no argument. That’s the way it is. If you want to go on a cruise you will need to be vaccinated also. Everyone has the right to choose if they get vaccinated but that choice comes with consequences. As the vaccination rate rises and the vaccines get full approval more and more places will begin to require vaccination. It has nothing to do with cussing or badmouthing anyone. Just the way it is.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For all the flack that Florida gets, it’s actually middle-of-the-pack in terms of vaccination numbers. Many states are far worse. There are a lot of other factors at play. As another poster suggested, weather is a big factor. Florida is miserable in the summer and people stay inside. I believe Florida also has the second oldest population in the country, with age being the #1 risk factor for hospitalization and death from covid. It’s also a vacation/travel hotspot. The governor is far from perfect (all governors are), but a lot of other factors exist here.
I definitely agree about the far from perfect part ;););)

The vaccination rate just isn’t high enough especially among the younger demographic. Because FL has a larger older population (lots of them NE transplants or snowbirds) and 65+ is higher vaccinated then other age demographics FL is middle of the pack in total vaccinations but likely further down the list in under 65.

Weather is a factor for sure but it’s hot in Arizona and Georgia and other places which haven’t exploded quite like FL this time around but they did last Summer. TX is catching up now though :( I still don’t totally get it, but I think you are spot on that there are a lot of different factors some of which we probably aren‘t even considering yet.

DisneyCane

3136138883.jpg

Even though their numbers are rising, as experts have said they will without an effective 100% immunity rate, the hospitalizations in Israel paint the same picture they do here. Vaccinated individuals, while still having potential for infection, aren’t the ones filling the hospitals.

The vaccine narrative still holds. We need approval for 5-11 year olds as the school year gets going, or this will spiral again even if we do hit a peak with the current wave soon.
That graphic says that serious issues are mostly only a problem for the unvaccinated which circles back to if people don't get vaccinated it isn't the vaccinated people's problem.

DisneyCane

Or 70% is not enough. If the vaccines stopped working why don’t we see a lot more breakthrough infections?
If 70% isn't enough then no county that isn't run by a very authoritarian government is ever going to reach the required level to get to COVID zero.

bryanfze55

Why? People are that stupid everywhere?
I think it would be more accurate to say a sizable minority of people are that stupid everywhere, but yes. How sizable a minority depends on locale/state. If 70%+ are vaccinated, we can’t say “people” in general are stupid - but a large enough portion are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom