Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Are you seriously accusing me of not wanting this to end?
I’m not going to do this back and forth.

I’m sorry it upset you that I said that the rate of growth in new cases has slowed in FL. It is a fact and I chose to point it out as a small positive in an otherwise lousy situation. I don’t in any way see how that is me declaring victory, but you are entitled to your opinion. If what I post upsets you then please use the ignore button.

hopemax

I’m not going to do this back and forth.

I’m sorry it upset you that I said that the rate of growth in new cases has slowed in FL. It is a fact and I chose to point it out as a small positive in an otherwise lousy situation. I don’t in any way see how that is me declaring victory, but you are entitled to your opinion. If what I post upsets you then please use the ignore button.
I wasn't even responding to you with my post. More I was responding "in general", because I couldn't respond to the stuff posted earlier today, and if I was responding to anyone, it was things that Touchdown had posted. Why you choose to make this about *you* I have no idea.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wasn't even responding to you with my post. More I was responding "in general", because I couldn't respond to the stuff posted earlier today, and if I was responding to anyone, it was things that Touchdown had posted. Why you choose to make this about *you* I have no idea.
You posted it directly after my post within minutes and didn’t quote anyone. If that was the case then why not just say that in the first place to my first reply?

hopemax

You posted it directly after my post and didn’t quote anyone. If that was the case then why not just say that in the first place to my first reply?
I wasn't at the end of the thread to even see your post!

How was I supposed to divine you thought I was responding to you directly?

Figgy1

Premium Member
1628820055944.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
is Labor Day weekend as school starting is the Delta variant is getting worse soon?
I don’t know. Most schools seem to be taking precautions like masks and distancing when possible and last school year didn’t result in terrible spread. In lower vaccination areas and in places without masks and/or distancing it could be a problem :(

Touchdown

Not a plateau for sure, but the increase in cases has slowed.

Below are the 7 day moving averages:
8/11 21,210 up 17% week over week
8/4 18,092 up 27% week over week
7/28 14,198 up 59% week over week
7/21 8,915 up 59% week over week
7/14 5,594

So the curve hasn’t declined or even plateaued but the growth in new cases has slowed and the slope of the curve is not as steep. It’s pretty hard to find the positive when we’re seeing 21K cases for a 7 day average but the slope is getting less steep. It’s something 🥺
Getting there
27D93D55-C18D-43AF-98C3-989845F5AF19.jpeg

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t know. Most schools seem to be taking precautions like masks and distancing when possible and last school year didn’t result in terrible spread. In lower vaccination areas and in places without masks and/or distancing it could be a problem :(
Those kids NEEDs to mask up and social distancing in their first day at schools. That makes more kids NEED getting vaccinated by Fall.:cool:

correcaminos

Some schools have already started. Some areas have already had problems. Ours has had a few things already for new students this week and school starts for most next. We were just told masks on Tuesday night for K-8 and strongly recommended 9-12. The administration will be wearing as well. So trying to be a role model of sorts for the kids. My 8th grader was at a mentorship training Tuesday before the rule was made and he said over half were masked. We're something like 75-80% vaccinated in my city and about half wore masks without being forced. I did tell my kid since he was mentoring 6th grade kids, that he would have to mask when being around them. He was cool with it. Now he doesn't have a choice ;)

Mr. Moderate

I heard the same thing about “business being destroyed” last year…but rest assured - the rich that Control policy are much richer now.

It all worked out 👍🏻
That may be the case is for monsters like Amazon, Uline, fast food places like McDonald’s, but there was many small businesses in my area they’re closed and are never coming back. If we were to have a 30 day shut down like the one poster strongly suggests , the pain and suffering from doing that would be off the chart.

Chomama

8/21 +/- a day or two is still my projected peak in FL. If I'm right, about a week to go.
I sure hope so. It does seem that the spread is slowing. Hoping a drop off happens soon! School starting may not help things but only time will tell. Our local schools started this week and there have been cases but no disasters yet

TrainsOfDisney

That may be the case is for monsters like Amazon, Uline, fast food places like McDonald’s, but there was many small businesses in my area they’re closed and are never coming back. If we were to have a 30 day shut down like the one poster strongly suggests , the pain and suffering from doing that would be off the chart.
Lots of local businesses in my area survived and are doing great. They had to adapt and pivot but they survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom